1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanilla Yu Jing Tactica?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by fez_the_druid, Mar 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fez_the_druid

fez_the_druid Member

I am mainly Nomad player but recently came over to the best hyper power and am looking for a breakdown of the units. I have the red veil box and beyond red veil, what would be a good next purchase? I'm keen on staying vanilla due to lovign the daofei and the guilang, just waiting for white banner army to come out!

Mikes likes this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

As with collecting any new army, expand into the support section. Get the remotes, Engineers, cheap order fillers like Kuang Shi and Monks for smoke support. Makes your list building more flexible to work with.

Then decide on the new power pieces you want to build lists around. Now you already have the support to make any of the power hitters like the Su Jian or Hac Tao work.

Reservup and fez_the_druid like this.
  3. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Welcome! I would highly suggest the Hac Tao blister, it just does it all. I love playing Daofei, Hac Tao and Hsien togheter in vanilla with the help of a Celestial Guard KSCD and 4 Kuang Shi. Monks are some really nice units as well and those will certainly be in WB as well.

fez_the_druid likes this.
  4. fez_the_druid

fez_the_druid Member

Thanks for the tips! I definitely want the monks, I am not a fan of the Kuang Shi but I think it's too good of a deal not to take them and hide behind something. The support is fairly straightforward, which remotes? The assault remotes, TR bot or support remotes?

5. Triumph

All of them. They're all cheap building blocks you can use to support other parts of your lists.

6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

The Yaoxies are golden, Rui Shi and Lu Duan. Lu Duan is kinda situational (great against Camo spam and really good at defending your DZ/clearing mines) but Rui Shi is just insane with AF on. Of course it's fine to have the Yaokongs also.

7. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Recently I've been taking Daoing in my every vanilla list. Getting Lt2, camo hacker for 0,5 swc is awesome.

8. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Daoying is the best Lt in the game. Sniper or hacker, they both just do so much, both in and of themselves, and in the context of YJ as a faction.

Sun Tze still has his place as being an absolute tank, and I still like the Daofei as a hyper aggressive Lt option. But otherwise, it's less a choice of who will be my Lt, but rather, what profile will my Daoying Lt be using for this mission.

Sedral likes this.
  9. madcore

madcore Member

Do not under estimate the kuang shi, they are not the easiest unit to play but if used properly they can do some work. Probably one of the best 5pts unit if you ask me.

Mikes likes this.
  10. Triumph

Sun Tze's place is you build a list that can out deploy an opponent and can choose to go second very reliably for missions that favour that.

He's also great if you wanna meme the shit out someone with a Son Bae SML list.

11. fez_the_druid

fez_the_druid Member

How does this work? Please excuse my ignorance...

I'm also a fan of the daoying. So remotes, daoying, what about the hulang in vanilla? They seem kinda rambo-y and able to do most anything. Is it mostly bloat though?

12. Weathercock

Hulangs are pretty funky. I like what they got going on, it's all pretty fun. I wouldn't use one as a primary active piece, but their toolkit makes them great for midfield control and shenanigans if you've got solid smoke support for him. Use him to mess with an opponent's advance and control how they move around their deployment zone, he's most effective as a scare tactic. My only real disappointment with it is its physique. I'd gladly trade the monofilament CCW for a point or two of PH and a DA CCW.

While the FO Zhencha will likely get more done, the Hulang is great when you need an aggressive datatracker or Xenotech controller, or know you're going up against some real meaty targets.

#12 Weathercock, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  13. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

This is a trade I also would like to make, having a unit besides hac Tao and guijia that's able to damage an ac2 would be pretty nice.

14. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

The hulang has D-charges, why the hell do you want to give him a DA weapon !?

15. Weathercock

Higher PH would make him much better at dodge and engage rolls, which he'll probably need to rely on a decent bit when he's up in the mid field. DA would just generally be more useful against most of the guy's he'd be running into as well. And against the big meaty guys that he'd need the monofilament for, just locking them in CC is usually enough to do his job anyway. Higher PH would also make those E/M grenades threatening.

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  16. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Yeah he would be slightly better at dodging and lobbing grenades alright, but with D-charges at hand the DA CCW would be wasted. Even with the -3 malus for using melee mode they're still slightly more lethal against your average joe than a crane with its DA CCW and PH 13. He'd need PH14 to make the DA better than D-charges, and that would drive the price of the model waaaaaaaay up, much more than you'd gain by giving up the monofilament CCW.

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Rough estimate, the price difference between going Mono+D-charge -> PH 14 + DA CCW isn't very big (+1 point? +0 points?). It'd make a better unit, but it'd also be less interesting. All in all, I don't think a heavy infantry is the correct platform to make this interesting monofilament unit, I'd rather see monofilament CCW + D-Charges construct on a Sino-Ninja, but... woulda coulda shoulda.

(Well... "better"... better against competent CC units, better against AC2 and doors on the fourth attack and onwards. D-Charges are better as long as you've got them and the Hulang has less than 16 PH)

#17 Mahtamori, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  18. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this? How can Sun help the Bae?

19. Triumph

You go first and retain deployment advantage. Keep your Son Bae and Kanren Sniffer in reserve, wait for your opponent to deploy his crap then surprise him with memes.

20. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Feeling like im old now or just new to the sceen. What does "memes" mean in this instance?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation