1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daedalus Fall

Discussion in 'News' started by Ben Kenobi, Mar 4, 2019.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Template stun weapon is my guess.

2. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I think stun template sucks? if you're threatened with it you're just going to get shot, and sure you could trade a wound for maybe stunning someone. Unless it's on a very cheap unit MAYBE.

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

That Mukhtar profile is fucking awesome, holy crap.

Icchan likes this.
  4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I thought of a ZoC LoF-less stun attack. Basically a worse jammer in most situations, but still useful in niche situations.

Abrilete likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The Khawarij Spitfire (Fatality L2) is still weirdly off. The joke about Fatality 2 costing -1 point has mostly died out, but based on what other troops pay to upgrade rifle to spitfire, especially when you note the grenades are not in both profiles, it really seems like they did the math wrong somewhere.

Mahtamori likes this.
  6. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Trust me, you won't really like to be pwned with your major piece stunned and wiggle on ARO dodge.

7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

You wouldn't trade a unit for the chance to stun a rambo?

It'd be two BTS rolls, unless they dodge (and then you aren't trading).

Lesh', Sedral and colbrook like this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

And I'm reasonably sure that CB changed the price formula for Aragoto and neglected to apply said changes to everything w/ combi+LSG when they published the JSA update.

Which is why I really hope part of any incoming NCA adjustment is addressing Bolt prices. -2pts to the combi+LSG profiles, -2pts to the Drop Bear profile. Should reduce the cost of an all-Bolt core by at least 6pts, maybe 8.

Scary when that happens, isn't it?:innocent:

xagroth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The problem with that idiom is that a power armour soldier has mechanically enhanced spine and legs. Even without turning the armour on, they could probably support the weight of a (small) car as we're talking about 200 years in the future and extensive research on the topic when that tech is essentially here today using passive exoskeleton.

Still when it comes to rapid movement you're going to generate a lot of heat inside that fleshbag and passive exoskeletons aren't exactly quick. Power armours are probably better suited for feats of strength than speed.

I wonder what the lifetime expectancy is on the super soldiers and what colour their blood is...

emperorsaistone likes this.
  10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I've seen designs for human 'extenders' (exoskeletons), and the one that let a person run at 50kph as if they were running at 14kph looked very non-human (rather Dakini-like, actually, extending below the foot to increase how much work a bungee-cord achilles tendon did). So Infinity HI suits aren't really designed for speeds much greater than human norm. Not to mention how much pounding a HI suit must give to the knees of the person inside while running...

The usual assumption for developing powered armor is that the loads on the grunt were so extreme that they basically had to give the grunts an exoskeleton just to carry everything, which then needed to be armored to survive on the battlefield.

chromedog and xagroth like this.
  11. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Hey, that's actually in CP2022 rulebook !

colbrook and chromedog like this.
  12. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

And in the Ghost in the Shell Manga - beautifully depicted by Batou :)

xagroth and ev0k like this.
  13. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Oh yes you're right !

And wait, wasn't that CP 2020 ? I'm talking about the 90's TT RPG, with supplements like Solo of fortune and so ?

14. SpectralOwl

I do agree that Infinity HI won't be able to make that speed increase if we consider physics to be a thing. But the units that do hit that speed aren't much better- the Sophotect and its Roomba tripping hazard that blocks half its running stride length comes to mind.

I'm more worried about more varieties of exotic, powerful ammo types and generally the stronger hacking game emerging recently. As a big fan of LI style lists and big, tough HI or TAGs, most of this stuff is really threatening to my favoured playstyles without giving me better options on the pricier side for mowing through chaff efficiently. Hell, Shasvastii getting White Noise via Messer is already terrifying to me, since it makes the only good counter to heavy camo into a serious disadvantage, and that army is stuffed with E/M and powerful CC. At this point I'm just going to have to hope one of the traditionally minmaxed Aristeia guys is carting around twin HRLs and is linkable. That would certainly put a dent in the SMG population!

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  15. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Today you can expect a new video:

NA2 -> Foreign Company & Dahshat Company

volgo, Space Ranger, Xeurian and 9 others like this.
  16. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

It feels like they have over compensated for hi pain trains existing tbh

Icchan and xagroth like this.
  17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeet love NA2 factions

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Heavy Infantry seem to be increasingly in the game, which is good. We always said that they weren't prevalent enough to make hacking worthwhile and now AHDs are very useful indeed.

jimbo slice, Xeurian and Ben Kenobi like this.
  19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

My own headcannon says that just because a trooper is fast doesn't mean it's 6-2 on the table. 6-2 represents omnidirectional mobility, while simply being fast through mechanical means tends to mean fairly rigid movement forward. A Shang-Ji would likely make Usain Bolt look slow, but neither would be very quick manoeuvring a battlefield compared to these Haqq super-soldiers where they've replaced the blood with coolant. So to speak. Particularly since the Shang-Ji probably has somewhat restricted limb mobility (there's only so many directions you can make those synth-muscles flex)

I dunno, I find it fairly forgivable to have this restriction, even though I'd still find it interesting if the highest quality HI would have this restriction removed. (Especially since it's not too much of a stretch to imagine Shang-Ji or Hac Tao or Aquila being issued limited mobility enhancing genetic tinkering)

Smiler likes this.
  20. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Well, with the arrival of KHD every AHD hacker now is in danger xD.

Section9 and eciu like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation