1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taqeul talk

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by borings, Feb 26, 2019.

1. borings

borings Well-Known Member

with the announce of spiral, it seems pretty clear there is no taquel model coming out any time soon. i was hoping people would try the model out, and mebbe CB would see it in more lists and think it was worthwhile to make, but it seems like they are just doing a stealth kill of the faction. so whatever

2. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Hasn't Bostria said previously in a video that Taqeul were to be released in 2019 ? (real question)

3. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure he said it WOULDNT be released in 2019... but I may be wrong...

4. SirTycho

SirTycho Well-Known Member

He said "definitely not a 2019 release"
    Timestamp 15:08

Cothel, ev0k and Abrilete like this.
  5. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Thx, i totally got it wrong :/

SirTycho likes this.
  6. D_D

D_D Free Lance

Oh that spanglish :(

ev0k likes this.
  7. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Oddly when I imagined what a Taqeul looked like I imagined something really close to what the Kriigel with Symbiont Armor. Sad that we will never see a miniature for the Taqeul. I actually expect it in the Spiral Corps before we got the list of what's in there.

8. borings

me too. :(
    i've been wanting them to make more pokemans for a while, i assumed thats what the bugs would look like.

9. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I will be using for a tournament at the end of the month. I made a conversion for the Sukiul out of a Fraacta and some green stuff back before they had a model or design, and now it is my Symbiont unit proxy. I also make up some bugs which I based off of the Ohmu from Nausicaa.

I find the comparisons to the Rasail somewhat misleading as the Rasail is a good attacking piece, and the Taqeul is a better defensive piece. Armed with 'bugs, a 'mate, BS 13 base, and a 'bomb with WIP 14 the Taqeul is hard to dig out, and can take shots of opportunity with its LT order when they present themselves.

Oni and Abrilete like this.
  10. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm just going to put this out there but it probably doesn't encourage people to pick up Tohaa when we as a community talk like this a lot. And the more Tohaa players around that there are the more likely CB is to pay attention to them. Just a thought.

nehemiah likes this.
  11. borings

i'd rather be honest with people about investing hundreds of dollars in a hobby than try to pretend like this tohaa ship we are on isn't sinking. i mean, its a moot point, as they are axing the vanilla faction next month anyways

Abrilete likes this.
  12. borings

i actually feel the same exact way. i think the comparison is based strictly on points cost? but they are very different tools. like comparing a 5$ hammer to a 5$ screwdriver

Abrilete likes this.
  13. TheRedZealot

Warcor

There is certainly an argument about what exactly is happening with the vanilla tohaa in the long run. But they're not axing the faction any more than they're axing QK, infact its a good deal less if you count the fact the army is getting what? 6 new units?

The way we present the faction and the pros and cons there in are important. In part because as a miniature game people dont necessarily need to use their models as branded. There are still plenty of ways to play Vanilla Tohaa without some of the Vanilla line being fabricated new.

Imagine a new person coming into these forums, they had some vague interest in Tohaa but they thought oh hey Spiral Corps looks super cool I really want those models.

They walk in and they see:

Vs.

Sends a totally different message but with the same basic content. If we keep talking like this, like the sky is falling like somehow Tohaa are dead and will never be alive, that there isnt even a hint of a future with spiral, we will drive people away. We will kill off the trickle of new blood that we do have and then what incentive does CB have to keep pumping resources into the army?

To put it another way I love Tohaa I've adored them since they were first released. I've bought an ungodly amount of the damned things. But with the tone the Tohaa forums are taking I dont see a reason to stick around to chip in my knowledge, my experience, my passion for the game. Why do I want to rake own psyche over the coals everyday because we can't accept that there is some good and some bad. I deal with enough depression as it is.

I will leave you with this lovely Kamael I doodled some years ago.

14. borings

i don't see much of a reason to advocate people buying into a faction that is most likely getting cut. and by that i mean tohaa. spiral corps is its own thing. people who wanna buy kaauri and kaeltars for spiral corps should definitely do that. i don't think new people should invest in vanilla tohaa, unless they accept that the faction could possibly be dropped from the game within a few years. to be fair, i owned a gamestore for a while, a store that i still work at occasionally, and i would rather have customers have a happy experience with a company/game/hobby than an unsatisfying one. i think it would be completely reasonable for CB to cut tohaa, if the number of players are what they seem. it would be better for them to invest their time on factions that people both enjoy playing and playing against.

i mean, this thread is in a tactics thread for a unit that has been available for over a year, and will go without a model for at least another year. it not being in spiral corps does not bode well for its eventual possible release.

i'll still offer advice for people that wanna play tohaa as a swarm/melee army, but i'm not interested in spiral as it doesn't have my fav units (makaul).

also that doodle is rad. the scars in particular i like.

ChoTimberwolf and TheRedZealot like this.
  15. D_D

D_D Free Lance

Maybe I missed something, but why "mail order only" format could not be a solution?

16. TheRedZealot

Warcor

I understand your point of view 100%. I think the tone you've taken in this last post is perfect, its the sort of communication that I'd like to see out of everyone here. Many of us have taken a Nihilistic tone, and I understand that we are just expressing their frustration. But it changes the experience here, it makes the faction less attractive to start.

The more welcoming we are to new players and can give them positive advice and aid their experience of the faction(s) the better a chance we have of making Tohaa/Twohaa a bigger priority.

I am just making assumptions but running the product as mail order only still requires CB to store the models and the packaging somewhere in their warehouse. It requires them to maintain and store the models and do additional casting runs/order additional packages when they get low. All these things cost money and presumably they are not selling enough of the Models as is to justify that cost.

borings and D_D like this.
  17. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

You are right but here is how I feel about the state of me playing Tohaa, I was thinking about buying the new Tohaa stuff and adding it to my old Tohaa army. At this time I'm not buying the new stuff, It's to late and to little for me, At this point I'm done with Tohaa and have moved on to Pano, In the past we asked CB to just give us new figures for our Tohaa army but they put out the new stuff and stop production of the old stuff. that's ok, It's their company, If they was to band the old Tohaa stuff, that's ok with me as well, I would have more respect for them if they would.

18. TheRedZealot

Warcor

I've been trying to make sense of this. I dont really understand. Not playing them because they're not being updated or you feel they are being neglected sure thats fine I get that. I can't blame you for it.

I dont understand why would removing a faction entirely be a better option? should they be removing MRRF, ASA, QK, Corregidor as well?

19. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I too think CB wants to take out the Tohaa army and I feel they can do whatevery they want with the other armies. I come to the point I'll accept whatever CB wants to do. It's their company.

20. TheRedZealot

Warcor

I see so the feeling you have is that they're wanting to remove them and they'll end up pulling them out of the game in a few months or in the next edition or something?

I won't deny its possible but given how CB has been willing to do things like fully remove characters or units or even sectorials in the past I'm doubtful that we'll see them removed any time soon. They haven't even discontinued the SKUs fully yet, it should be another couple of months.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation