1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Box, guys. Cool.

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by LoganGarnett, Mar 4, 2019.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Tohaahahaha.

-Ghost- likes this.
  2. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Kind of. @Abrilete noted that if you look at what's being discontinued, the majority of it is before the rescale. Compare an old Sakiel to the Rasail or Kerail and it's pretty obvious.

Might not be the clean slate people wanted, but it's a means to an end.

3. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Anyone considered that inferior impersonator means you are forced to roll wip-3 to deploy him? All other inferior skills works that way (combat jump and infiltration). If that's the case with wip 13 you have 50% chance ti deploy him where you want. So i hope it will be' very cheap or It wont see the table very often.

oldGregg, WarHound and Abrilete like this.
  4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It's going to be interesting how they handle it, especially the "alien" aspect. Tohaa impersonators only being able to impersonate other Tohaa would make little sense, so this new level of impersonation should be able to retain the ability from Impersonation plus. On the other hand, it has to be weaker to be called "inferior", so maybe you just don't get the option to roll for deploying in the enemy deployment zone and/or just get Impersonation 2-state.

5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Why do we have another Clipsos with combi sculpt, while it's already in the starter? I'm happy to see resculpts of old minis, proper 3D sculpts usually end up better.

DHD/WHD should be SWC free and cheaper than KHD. At least Spiral corps will have the useless Wardriver.

6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Because the old analogue scale stuff is being retired so you need a new cad one

Abrilete likes this.
  7. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Yes but the previous one was so much more dynamic...

Mob of Blondes and Abrilete like this.
  8. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Completely awful to build, though. One of the worst Infinity models I've built.

WiT?, WarHound and Ben Kenobi like this.
  9. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Indeed, but still super dynamic, one of my favorites amongdt Tohaa miniatures alongside female Igao.
    The new Clipsos combi doesn't have that "quick strike from shadow" feel, it's more a clipsos sniper pose.

Sangarn likes this.
  10. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% on the new Clipsos pose, but I don't really like the old one either. The Igao on the other hand, well my profile pic should speak for itself there!

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I thought ever Tohaa model is CAD designed.

12. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

The Nikoul, Kotail and some of the Chaksa (if not all, I don't remember) were the first Tohaa 3D sculpted models. By the way: the Kotail, while being 3D sculpted, is old sized.

One way to know if a Symbiont Armor Trooper is 3D sculpted is look at the Symbiont Armor: if it has abs, it is 3D sculpted :p

RobertShepherd likes this.
  13. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

The Box is almost 300 pts

All profiles can be played in Tohaa but the SKU list was correct

#253 Sora9785, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  14. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

Good news, you're not being killed off.

Some SKUs are retiring.
    Spiral Cords is coming.
    Vanilla Tohaa persists.
    Spiral Cords models are available to Vanilla Tohaa.

It's win-win.

DukeofEarl, Melchior and Sora9785 like this.
  15. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Unless we get a Shasvastii vs Tohaa box at Gencon I suspect at this point the Tohaa army will be semi-retired just like the sectorials that are no longer getting miniatures. I'm excited we are getting some plot and new units, but beyond this year it looks grim for Tohaa players.

I really do hope they plan something new for the Tohaa in the next couple years, but with them killing off the Sukeuls it feels like Vanilla Tohaa is no longer going to be supported after the release of any additional Spiral Corps boxes/blisters. I'm sure it will be in Army forever as a playable army.

Ben Kenobi and ev0k like this.
  16. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

17. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Yeah tohaa is still an ITS-legal playable faction !
    ... just like FRRM... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Things have to change i guess, and i'm sure they will come back stronger later... with the Exrah :ghost:

By the way @Koni any chance we can have access to that awesome music we hear in the videos ?

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  18. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Obviously with the caveat that not all information is available I cant see many of those displacing the tohaa staples. Krigel and schemer look interesting but the others seem to have had the cost of the symbiont go up.

19. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I'm optimistic for Draal and Kiuutan as well, but obviously dependent on learning what their unique rules (inferior impersonation, dazer, stratuscloud) actually do.

20. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

Not exactly, as Tohaa are still getting brand-new units to be added to the current and (miniature) retired ones. So far, this is a pretty new situation in which you have an active army, with new releases, and some retired references. Overall, the army is getting love.

As per Nomads, I would have no complaints regarding retiring Moran, Suport Pack, Lizard, etc (old miniatures) and getting some new units. I will use Zoe as Clockmaker even if the ugly and tiny Clockmaker remains. So...

ev0k likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation