1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faction advice

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by hersir bjorn, Jan 30, 2018.

1. hersir bjorn

hersir bjorn New Member

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so let me know if I should shift it. Basically now, I own three factions, Ariadna Vanilla (mix of Scottish and Russians), Aleph generic and a small group of Haqq generic. I am looking into getting into a faction which would meet the following criteria:

1) is Elite (small amount of units on the table)
    2) very brittle and very hard to use and punishing if mis-used, but if used correctly will work like a concert organ
    3) Non-alien (yes sorry, I do prefer humans, nothing against Tohaa and Combined, just I won't be able to command them)

Basically I want something that is very challenging to use, like a glass hammer, which has good potential if used "just right". Would anyone be able to suggest what faction and/or sectorial would best suit the criteria? Sorry if the question does sound stupid, but I just want a real challenge to figure out.

Cheers all in advance!

2. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Mmm, Yu Jing and Pano can work like this if you go to 10-12 orders. For my expirience Yu Jing generic without Kuang Shi work more or less in that way ( not tried ISS out limited incerscion but is more or less the same). In Pano even generic or Neoterra or MO can work in this way ( with Joan and all this stuff). No idea about druze sectorial but didn't look to spam friendly.

Mmm and if you can wait the new sectorials coming will be the "elite" ones. Specally with Invencible ( low 10-14 orders full of IP), Tunguska and Rammah.

3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

A real glass cannon are Reverend Moiras. Sure, the ODD helps a bit, but only 1 wound and they are not Shock immune.

Apart from that I guess almost every faction apart from maybe Aleph and CA has such units.

hersir bjorn likes this.
  4. hersir bjorn

hersir bjorn New Member

Cheers for the quick reply. I was looking at Yu-Jing, and thought that way. Would you think an O-Yoroi give it too much power, or is it one of those things that cost a lot, but are very specialized (which would work well for my idea)?

5. hersir bjorn

hersir bjorn New Member

So an army full of them? That sounds interesting.... I'll look into them as well then. Plus they and a lot of nomads look like nice minis to paint as well.

Cheers for the quick responses people!

6. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Np, i'm alone today at the office for my eat break xD.

Yu Jing without kuang shis means less order but a lot of toolbox units. Tipical list with one strong carry like O-Yoroy and some less powerfull support like Rui Shi or a cheap IP. The japanese tag is nice, cheaper than Guijia and with more survival tools ( crazy koalas, MA etc)

Except against tags or linked IP O-Yoroi work well for a tag.

But for what you are looking for, maybe try druze sectorial: no IP, only tags and elite troops that work well linked with good sinergies between them.

hersir bjorn likes this.
  7. hersir bjorn

hersir bjorn New Member

Cheers for that. I'll look into that one as well. Thanks a lot again for the quick replies - narrows down my choice of factions to choose from.

8. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Nomads are awesome. I own all of their models and I will only play that faction.

Much diversity and nothing really overpowered.

Try out such a list, for example:

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] REVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] KUSANAGI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

A more safe approach for your LT:

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] KUSANAGI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] BRAN DO CASTRO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 33)

5 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

An alternative could be the second list with Reverend Custodier with HD+ so your Kusanagi can take out MSV troopers with White Noise support. And apart from that, believe me, E/M grenades are a pain for your enemy, especially on spotlighted targets.

#8 HarlequinOfDeath, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    hersir bjorn likes this.
  9. hersir bjorn

hersir bjorn New Member

Thanks for that. The only thing I think I missed was: why is the second list safer for my LT? Yeah, was wondering why so many people I know play Nomads (at least 3 out of 6 regular players in our club plus another two outside of our club)

10. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

The Custodier LT doesn't need to do sth., can hide and and can Cypermask herself as well. So he should be safe in most cases (apart from Transmissions Matrix).

The Taskmaster LT is able to do more fighting and you gain a LT order to put him at least in Suppressive Fire if you decide to go rampage with your Fireteam instead.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Oh come on. Give me a minute to hide the Hsien and Su-Jian and we'll talk about Bran, Kriza Borac and Intruders.

On a more serious note; every faction has something that'll be overpowered in the eyes of your opponent. I think what makes a faction disproportionally strong isn't specific key models, but the supporting models and how much they can synergize with the key models. I think on that note Tohaa takes the cake, but Nomads are solid contenders.

12. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

No problem... :)
    Bran is a Hyper-Glass Cannon, compare to Impersonators.
    Kriza Borac is solid, but shares a role with the Taskmaster who gives you more tools with TinBot and Stealth.
    Intruders are like any other MSV trooper but manageable with White Noise or Eclipse.

Nomads are strong because of their diversity, not because they have THIS unit.

On the other hand Tohaa, MO and Steel Phalanx/Aleph in my opinion are solid contenders for the strongest armies, because they have the best tools to make mistakes less painful and less game deciding.

#12 HarlequinOfDeath, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation