1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with ISS collection/lists

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by adamljung, Mar 4, 2019.

1. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Heya - have finally started to get a somewhat full collection of miniatures and have been spitballing different types of lists. My "problem" is that every list I make, I end up with 18-20 orders. It just feels like I'm missing out if I'm not?
    I'm trying to compile a list of lists that I can be happy with and print out and just keep with me whenever I play and then just pick out one of them whenever I play, and here's what I've got so far:

20 Order Crane link+Garuda
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    CRANE IMPERIAL AGENT Lieutenant (X Visor) Spitfire, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 54)
    XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    GARUDA Tacbot Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 28)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    KǍNRÈN Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, MadTraps / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 28)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    20 order Su Jian+Garuda

SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)

GARUDA Tacbot Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 28)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    20 order Crane link+30 drop

CRANE IMPERIAL AGENT Lieutenant (X Visor) Spitfire, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 54)
    XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)

KǍNRÈN Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, MadTraps / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 28)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    20 order Wu Ming+Rui Shi

WÚ MÍNG Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 33)
    WÚ MÍNG Boarding Shotgun + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    WÚ MÍNG Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    WÚ MÍNG (Fireteam: Duo) Chain Rifle, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    ZHÀNYING Hacker (Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 32)

NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    19 order Wu Ming+Rui Shi

WÚ MÍNG HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    WÚ MÍNG Boarding Shotgun + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    WÚ MÍNG Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    WÚ MÍNG (Fireteam: Duo) Chain Rifle, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    ZHÀNYING Hacker (Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 32)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]4
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Any thoughts on the lists overall? Am planning on printing + laminating roughly 10 lists in total (both ISS and vanilla though) so trying to give it a little bit of thought. Also any ideas on how to make lists without order spamming as much with ISS but without making it feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot too much? I'll have a few limited insertion + 12-15 order vanilla lists though, since I feel they're more suited for that type of play.

Edit: Just noticed I hadn't saved the lists last time when I went over combat group distribution, there's a few 'errors' in the lists above (for example su jian + garuda list should probably be Su jian + rui shi in one group and garuda + sophotect+ninja in the second, so I don't have only the garuda doing stuff in group 2)

2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

The first thing that surprises me is that you don’t seem to feature the Hsien. Why not? The Hsien hmg is where it’s at, in my experience.

I know that some really like the crane link. I’ve always found it to be very expensive and under performing. Celestial Guards die in the middle of the table, so playing aggressively with the Crane, which is what you want to do with it, just brings a bunch of mooks into harms way.

I like the Wu Míng lists and I like the Su Jian+Garuda list. The Su Jian and Garuda are great ways of playing aggressively with ISS. Together, you can hit some very interesting angles. I’d be a little worried about losing any teeth once those two go down though.

3. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Fair point about the Hsien. He used to be my go to guy when I started, and I still play him a fair bit in vanilla. I just prefer using him with the monks I guess? Maybe I could run him in a fireteam with 2 Zhanyings but I've not been able to make a list like that to my liking so far.
    I might also have been tunneling a bit on getting as many orders on the field as possible, and to go with a few hard pieces and it just feels like su jian is a lot more efficient that way since around where I play I don't feel like I get that much value of the long range band of the HMG; but instead need to spend orders to get closer to people.

yoink101 likes this.
  4. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I love the Hsien Haris, I usually field it with the MadTraps or FO profiles. You can advance and gun while touching buttons and setting perimeter defenses really comfortably. You'll probably have full KS and two KSCD running arround which should give you plenty of orders to spend on both this Haris and a Su Jian. Something like this I've found to be quite competitive and fun to play:

Something like this

SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]4
    ZHÀNYING (Fireteam: Haris, Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 27)
    ZHÀNYING (Forward Observer) Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    HSIEN Lieutenant HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

yoink101 likes this.
  5. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Hm I quite like that list actually, although I've only got the one chaiyi but that could be fixed. Is it worth running the haris?
    Going to try see if I can work on some Hsien lists as well as limited insertion ISS lists.

6. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is there only 3 button pushers in this list?

7. Joametz

Having an HMG with B5 and MSV2 is really sweet IMO, but you could just drop the Haris and spend those points on something else. It's just that it has that raw firepower to bring things that might be pinning the Su Jian back and stuff.

8. Joametz

If you want more you can certainly add them, it depends on the mission really. But how many do you actually need when one of them is a TO infiltrator backed up by linked smoke and you have 18 orders?

9. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

I actually quite like this. I haven't experimented a lot with ISS so far but one of the issues I've run into when doing crane + su jian is that the spitfire sometimes just isn't punchy enough and to have both my main attack pieces with a spitfire isn't always optimal (very much depending on the terrain/table though). I think I'll definitely play around a bit with Hsien lists again, he's kind of gotten overshadowed by the fact that he was the first major piece I got like 2 years ago, and then everything I've added on the last year to expand into ISS has been new and fresh.

10. Joametz

I adore the Su Jian, it's not only powerful but also really cool (both the model and the fluff). If the terrain and the ARO pieces your opponent puts in front of you permit it, you can use Cautious Movement in cat mode to get into Spitfire range and blast them with that, but sometimes you can't. I like having a HMG for those cases, and the Hsien is the best one we have in ISS. Other option for that same job is the Yan Huo HMC, but it doesn't have MSV2.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I very much agree with this.

When I'm posting Section9's rules of thumb for listbuilding, my rule for guns is to have lots of different range bands covered, not to spend all your SWC. So I'd want an HMG, a Spitfire, and a Sniper rifle in a list (for long-range weapons, plus an SMG and a shotgun for short range). Spitfire is on the robocat, HMG is best on your Hsien (though the TR HMG buffed with Marksmanship is fun and doesn't cost as many SWC), and Sniper can be on an ABH or whatever.

Joametz likes this.
  12. Joametz

I second this s(ection9)tatement (?)

... Although un-linked Sniper Rifles haven't been fair to me in the past (bad rolls and whatnot), but the idea is something I do get behind.

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Any linked weapon will be better than the unlinked alternative. Though sometimes you don't have the option for certain combos in some armies (say, Mimetism or camo, MSV2, and sniper).

I've had 'amusing' rolls where a model that was at -9 to-hit and therefore critting on 2s consistently out-shot the sniper that was on 12s or 13s.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation