1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jash paints Haqq - The Saad al Suud

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Jashyr, Mar 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

I know what you'll say - anything else you can forgive 'but Jash... pastels?'

Did some test models up for a new Haqq scheme. Needed a break from big bold colours and went pastel with mint green and lilac.

Kinda liking it. Using it to practice nnm (which I currently suck at but hopefully won't with a bit more practice).

mutts.jpg
    fiday.jpg

Xeurian, xammy, Oni and 7 others like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Nice muted scheme

Morticia likely approves

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Pastels: 1990s anime colors! :laughing::innocent:

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Jashyr What is the paint recipe for this color scheme? I've been looking for a purpleish scheme to add to a force of mine and this seems to be what I'm looking for.

5. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

Sure, this is what I've got:

Light Purple:
    GW daemonette hide (base), GW naggaroth night + GW skavenblight dirge (shade), GW daemonette hide + GW ulthuan grey (highlight), keep adding ulthuan grey til final highlight

Vibrant Purple:
    GW naggaroth night (base), P3 beaten purple (layer), keep adding white to beaten purple for highlights

The spot colours were GW sybarite green and GW kabalite green and go really well with the purples. All the browns had GW naggaroth night mixed into their shadows to stop them from being too orange.

Love to see what you do with it.

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Jashyr Thank for posting the recipe. Can you substitute any of those colors for an equivalent shade of another paint line? I'm not sure how readily available some of these colors will be for me.

7. jherazob

This chart should be useful, the person used the color swatches published by the companies to compare the colors using this method to find rather accurate matches. Granted there's always margins of error, and doubly so since he used the color swatches instead of the actual paints for the matching, but honestly the differences should be small enough you'd need to be a veteran to even notice there's a difference. Less useful but still somewhat handy is the old one from Dakka.

Jashyr, Koin-Koin and Golem2God like this.
  8. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Nice finding.
    I knew the Dakka one as it's pretty much everyone's favorite but the new one is impressive.
    Also, I use the Hobby Color Converter app on Android and the last upgrade include equivalences provided by vendors. It's a very useful tool to keep track of your paint collection and prepare shopping list too.

9. jherazob

Paintrack on Android also has a color matching feature, but honestly i haven't used it much so can't say how accurate or useful it is, but should be close to perfect for the purpose as it's using the color actually in front of you. No idea of equivalents for iOS.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  10. Koin-Koin

Yep, I use it too as I love the rapid scan tool and the various color tools (equivalence, association...) and the paid version allow to create paint sets to keep track of your recipes.

Stop sending useful information like that. I know feel like I need to create a dedicated thread for those.

jherazob likes this.
  11. jherazob

[​IMG]

Koin-Koin likes this.
  12. Koin-Koin

Damn you @jherazob !!!

PS: sorry for the thread hijack.

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation