1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of Imperial Service

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

People who think players should keep paying money to buy more stuff because it's being forcefully obsoleted need to get a reality check and tone the fanboi levels down.

jimbo slice, Aldo and Hecaton like this.
  2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Because it’s an authoritarian police state. That’s what happens.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. Triumph

@Mahtamori How much effort do you put into sustaining your gaming community? Because let me tell you, I fucking bust my ass looking after mine.

I work five days a week. The other two days I spend pushing Infinity at two different LGS. I basically do everything in the community from run events, manage Infinity orders for local group through the LGS, teach new people to play, help them build lists and answer their rules questions over FB, introduce and integrate them into the community, teach them about assembling and painting models, build and provide terrain for them. I have built and painted two separate full MDF tiled tables so far this year.

Each new player I get into the game represents about 5 weeks of time investment from me before the majority of hand holding is over and they're self sufficient for the most part. Some players are faster, some are slower. Some I'll probably never have to stop helping. I'm pinning one guy's Echo Bravo to a base right now at 4am because for some reason he cut the goddamn tab off the feet and he doesn't have the motor control to do that pin without destroying the model.

It takes me five weeks to get these people invested and imbedded into the game. It takes all of one fuckup to make them leave and not come back and piss away all of the work I do. So please understand why I get incredibly shitty about this when CB, or anybody, suggests taking player's toys away from them is a good idea much less do as you and @Bostria do, mock them over it.

Because I fucking guarantee you from first hand experience it makes people leave the game. It is the absolute worst thing you can do and should be nothing short of a measure of last resort and handled in the most delicate manner you can. Anything less does nothing but undermine the work players put into maintaining and growing their communities.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well I intended this thread when I made it to discuss rules but I guess I don't mind adding in the what we think about the background in the Future. So please try to concentrate on that. And keep it to background. I understand people are pissed, i was one of them. But if it's about business or money or anything not having do with YJ, ISS, or the game. Make your own damn thread.

For me, i'm hoping we find out that the upper echelons of the YJ government have been infiltrated by Shasvastii operatives. While Psychocrane by not be a Shasvastii himself, he may have been manipulated into things he wouldn't otherwise have done. The same could be said for the JSA. I'd also like to see the ISS possibly be held accountable for things it did during the Uprising either by the YJ government or even have YJ being sanctioned by O-12. They will change anything to keep their ships on the Circulars.

I know i'm in the minority on this but I'd like to see an end to Kuang Shi. Yes they are great for the force but background-wise it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! All it would take is one Warcore showing evidence of a political prisoner being used as a human bomb to make O-12 shut them down. Replace them with robots! That to me makes more sense.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Here's your reality check, Triumph, you're getting me to post like A Mao Esquarda.

I am all for people having full say of their own wants and desires, and will respect anyone who leaves a game because of stuff they feel is not right. But you will not deserve that respect when you try and bust other people's enjoyment of the game at the same time.

You're way over the line and the only thing you currently seem to be trying to bust is as many international communities as possible.

This is a fucking discussion about what people would like to see changed in ISS. Reign that Psychocrane bullshit in or put it in proper context.
    If you can not stomach people having an opinion that you do not share to such a degree that you can't discuss it in a manner that let's us exchange opinions, then maybe it's time to log off from the forums and take a breather.

Zewrath, chaos11, Postmortem and 2 others like this.
  6. Triumph

Who's enjoyment of the game am I busting on exactly? I've poked some fun at Psychocrane, it's not a serious element of this discussion and you're going way off on a tangent there if you think it's the real discussion at hand here.

What's serious is pointing out that deleting models from ISS is not the right answer. Any changes made to ISS (or any faction) should not leave people with models that their only option to keep using them is to either buy a new faction, or proxy, as you are suggesting. And you and @yoink101 should not be as you put it, scorning players that quit over having the toys taken off them.

I also do not want your damn respect, I do not care about your respect. I never have and I never will, your respect is meaningless to me. To me you are some faceless person on the internet spitballing terrible advice to CB, that's not usually somebody I go chasing after respect from in all reality.

I want you to understand what you're suggesting is an absolutely stupid thing to do to players all in the name of tidying up a faction because you don't like the number of largely unused niche profiles that exist for the sectorial, and you know, to stop trying to make it a thing. I am actually worried that CB gets bad ideas like that, given they have a proven track record of surprising players by deleting their models. We're onto what, the third time they've done it? Fifth if we count Ko Dali and Toni? They do it alot and they should knock it off.

#66 Triumph, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Aldo likes this.
  7. yoink101

I like your creativity. I disagree though. The blatant evil of the factions is awesome. Yu Jing are an authoritarian police state who crush all opposition socially, economically, and physically.

Pano are entirely corporate lobbyists. So much that the Church has become a corporate lobbyist, holding the power of resurrection as their ace in the hole. They operate on the subjugation of helots and the wage slavery of mega corporations. Anyone who wants to push for more individual liberty will be crushed.

Nomads are bastions of freedom...and nazi science and crazy Russian mafia...and intense violence.

Every faction has their skeletons, and I love it.

Edit: as for the shit posting. I probably shouldn’t, but I’m sick of people whining about it. Accept the reality and adapt. It’s not that hard. Complaining incessantly just makes it worse.

#67 yoink101, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    oldGregg likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Each to their own I guess but if i wanted 40k fluff i'd play 40k. I like the realism-ish of Infinity and Kuang Shi and many other things go beyond realism. The same with PanO and the Church. I understand that every faction has their skeletons but usually those skeletons are not out and running around with a bomb strapped to them.

9. Space Ranger

Back to the topic. Something that could make Bao vastly better would be Marksmanship Level 1.

yoink101 likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Oooh... budget budget budget. For everything that's not a Jammer or CH skills, there's budget concerns.

Actually, this does make me think slightly outside the box, let me counter-propose a way to make Bao better; more Smoke sources. Casual smoke sources. I don't think we'll ever see Bao be cheap and efficient enough to be fielded in great numbers (even if it would be cool if they could manage to make an MSV2 unit that way), but if getting smoke is effortless within the sectorial (and possibly by extension Yu Jing, should these smoke sources not be Aleph lend-lease) then having increased number of MSV2 might itself be more viable and there's a limit to the AVA of Rui Shi (not to mention the real estate that combat REMs take on the game table).

I'm not entirely sure where that would be, but it'd have to be something with enough PH/BS to work as a reliable solo model source, or as a Haris (because for some reason CG can't into Haris). Something as simple as Wu Ming Multi Rifle + Light Smoke/Nimbus Grenade Launcher and/or Myrmidons on lend-lease might do it.

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. SpectralOwl

As the Imperial door kickers and SWAT guys, I'd give Bao an ability that lets them face-to-face on BS against DTWs in Zone of Control. Clearing entrenched warbands and chaff without spec-fire would give them a clear and useful role in faction that matches their lore without being hobbled by the game's mechanics. Incidentally, I'd give Bolts the same thing.

12. yoink101

That’s an interesting idea.

13. Mahtamori

Stun-based ammo to do it on the Light Shotgun maybe?

14. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. "Haha you aren't enough of a devotee to the cult of CB get rekt" isn't a good look.

Aldo likes this.
  15. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

The FBI doesn't have to score 10 objective points in ITS. ISS does.

Ariwch likes this.
  16. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Why they kept those bonus-for-TAGs missions without the mercenary rule for scarface is beyond me.

17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That was the Army, not police.

My grandparents have some pictures of those protests about 2 weeks before that infamous picture was taken.

18. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Just touching on army list updates, I'd like to maintain the themes of ISS even if they do mix up the links a bit more. In the case of Bao and Wu Ming, for example, I'd like the only mixing to be in the form of imperial agents. But that's not so bad - you could have the ability for Bao to join Zhanying fireteams, for example.
    Or flip that around - give the three ranks of imperial agents wildcard privileges into Bao, Wu-Ming and maybe even ABH teams.
    Sorry, but the idea of a penal legion psychopath being point man in a team of Celestial Guards just doesn't seem right to me.

#78 Leviathan, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yes, well, those missions (especially Show of Force) are still better balanced than Highly Classified.

yoink101 likes this.
  20. yoink101

Less that. More, it happened and why not just grow a pair and adapt to the way things are? It’s a game. If you don’t like what they’re doing, don’t play it. I happen to like uprising. If you don’t want to play anymore, that’s your prerogative. What’s the point in being whiny and toxic on the forum?

Postmortem and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation