1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPDATED 4/3 Monkey Business, the Ape-ril speculation thread

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Maybe the return of the Caskuda? xD

[​IMG]

McNamara, Abydog and Abrilete like this.
  2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Please, if you don't want to share the link/picture/summary then don't anything about it.
    Can't find the leak myself and that pisses me of.

3. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Yes it is.....

4. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

What disruption?
    Anyone wanting to play space knights, plays MO. Most if not all the MO options are poor choices in vanilla PanO (PanO isn't old Yu Jing, propped up by Raiden, Ninja and 1 point cheaper cheerleaders), or are SWC taxed out of being useful (looking at you TOFOOS), and no-one has ever suggested removing the MO flavour troops from sectorials (or Joan from vanilla for that matter).
    In the same way that Starco is a Nomad sectorial by another name, sat in NA2. MO could be a PanO sectorial by another name, sat in NA2. Given that I want to eventually see all the other mentioned PanO sectorials make it into the game, and 3 seems to be the magic number of sectorials CB are willing to support before MRRF-ing one, moving MO to NA2 would open space in the PanO roster without having to retire NCA or VIRD.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I think some of the knights such as hospitallers, koths, and father knights have a good place in vanilla. I think the foreign company is going to be the pano version of starco. Also I think whatever the magic # is for sectorials I think pano is always going to have 1 more.

toadchild and Golem2God like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

A duo would be better in my opinion.

7. Golem2God

I'd love that if it turned out to be true.

8. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Why? What would be the point of a Duo of Azrails when for 15 points more you could have the Burst bonus?

9. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

ca 60 points premium paid for +1 burst to a 40 pts mov 4-2 model.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Golem2God

Good point. I just thought that 3 Azrails would be a very costly to put into a list. Why would anyone use 1.5 SWC x 3 in a single unit? It seems pretty limiting to me.

11. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

A little research turned this up:
    Make of that what you will.

Say, where have all the nagas gone, long time passing?

12. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

janzerked again!

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Just a reminder that Ariadna also has 5 sectorials.

14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The only precedent for "moving" a sectorial is JSA, and doing that sort of thing again would indeed be disruptive. Things like Joan and the recently updated Montesas would absolutely be affected. I don't see a good argument for leaving those in vanilla PanO if the entire knightly orders are being shipped off to a mercenary unit. And that also gets us to the fluff aspect - JSA has always had a brewing rebellion as part of its backstory, whereas the PanO fluff tells us that the church (and its military orders) are deeply embedded in the PanO political and military spheres. I also don't think things like Starco or Ikari are good examples, because those are new combinations of existing models, with the exception of an odd character or two. Making some sort of rogue knights merc company would be fine, but it wouldn't replace MO as a PanO sectorial, just as Starco doesn't replace Corregidor.

As for sectorials getting put out of production - I don't think that's so much a per-faction limit as a total limit of active SKUs in the entire line. Moving MO to NAA wouldn't do anything to reduce the number of products in their line, and so wouldn't have any effect whatsoever in fending off retirement.

#334 toadchild, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    BLOODGOD, coleslaw and ZlaKhon like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

?
    Russians, French, Highlanders, and 'Murricans makes 4. Are you saying that the Ariadna Expeditionary Force is getting it's own sectorial?

ZlaKhon likes this.
  16. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Talk only for yourself, please. MO troops are pretty popular for any Generalist PanO player in my country and I love playing their units when playing Generalist PanO. You tend to forget that Seraph is one of the most popular TAG in the faction, if not in the game, that Hospitaller doctor is the best doctor we have available and that Santiago, KotHS and Teutons aren't competing to each other anymore and are beatsticks you should always consider when making a list. With all the nice HMGs that the other sectorials brings, MO units have the possibility to shine more than in their own sectorial.

Golem2God, oldGregg and Stiopa like this.
  17. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Where has this obsession of yours that NA2 = Mercenary, come from?
    No-one, not me nor anyone I have read, have suggested that MO become mercenaries, and moving to NA2 does not entail becoming mercenaries, so I'm really at a loss as to where this bee in your bonnet has come from.
    The background indicates that yes, the Orders are integrated into the PanO military industrial complex, and this is adequately represented by Montessas appearing in SAA, Black Friars in NCA, Hospitalers in Sval (if/when it arrives) and Joan in Vanilla. I'd expect a naval secortial to feature Santiago and Crusader Bretheren, an Earth sectorial to feature KotHS.
    In fact the background argument falls down even further when you consider that since Magisters, Father Knights and OS are all representatives of each Order, it makes no sense that SAA doesn't have them while Vanilla does, especially given SAA gets a bonus Montessa profile.

4 sectorials, and the "trope naming" MRRF, who were the first to get a "MRRF-ing".

Right back at you and your meta, Seraphs are nowhere near the most popular TAG in the faction or game. That would be the Cutter, followed by the Tikbalang in PanO. And frankly, if it means getting more sectorials and models to play, I'm perfectly happy that you have to adapt to a new faction design paradigm.

18. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Seen on FB[​IMG]

Golem2God, Abydog and Solar like this.
  19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Hahaha shiiiiit is he gonna be in CJC too?!?

20. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Looks kinda fake - W instead on STR on tag profile, AVA on operator...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation