1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are YJ the sole human bad guys?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Dichotomedes, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Uses analogous groups/organizations that one knows to help understand a fictional one:

[​IMG]

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

No analogy is perfect, but it's the system I know.

So, what is the name of the court that makes the final decisions, beyond which there are no appeals, in your country, @Zsolt ? Imagine that court making a decree that says "anyone of [ ethnicity ] is a traitor to the state and is to be killed on sight".

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I know the thread has kind of shifted focus here, but I do want to second this. I can only speak to my area of expertise (Japan), but the fluff often screams "we only did a surface level look at this without considering the implications." You needn't look further than the "is the name kempeitai offensive" thread in the off-topic board, but also consider for example that JSA is supposed to be inspired by the writings of Yukio Mishima (a post-war author who basically inspired a wide range of modern far-right movements in the country) but doesn't really take any cues from it in design beyond "oh yeah samurai exist again."

Dragonstriker and Hecaton like this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The Core is pre-Uprising, but the Faction books are post.

5. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Sure, but I guess the YJ faction book will still take some time...

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, because the Uprising was kept such a secret they didn't tell Modiphius before it was announced to the public. This meant a big chunk of the setting fluff had to be rewritten.

Maksimas, Aldo and stevenart74 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation