1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Banner, Hopes & Dreams

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'd like, too.

Very much this.

2. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Tbhfam I think the only people who are less likely to get HD+ than us are pano and toha

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'd really like to be able to run a Zhanshi core and 2 Hac Tao.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think that when we come up with things for WB you also need to think how that would effect Vanilla. Because anything new or changed will likley end up there as well. Though personally I think there should be some troops that are only for that sectoral. For instance I don't think Vanilla Nomads should have gotten Mary Problems or Perseus.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Let's be blunt here, there's plenty of room for new stuff in vanilla. Yu Jing portfolio of toys is also relatively slim.

6. Space Ranger

I agree but I do think you need to keep those troops NOT in WB, and if you change things for them, what kind of combos will be made in Vanilla. I'm not saying amount but unintended combos.

BTW I founds some fantastic art that is cool inspiration for WB.

[​IMG]

#66 Space Ranger, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Deltervees likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Well... what combos can you make in infinity that's not already there? The only thing I can think of is White Noise and Inspiring Leadership and for most optimal use of White Noise you want a combat REM without MSV or a (minelayer?) DepRep. The rest is already present in vanilla and any new piece would be either a refinement on combos we already have (such as a smoke on a more reliable model than monks or CG) or solos that allow for better min/maxing (for example infiltrating TO camo without melee focus nor msv to allow more variety than just Ninjas or Guilang)

Unless CB comes up with a new skill or ability that shakes things up similar to NCO/TA.

Space Ranger likes this.
  8. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

A conscript horde, AKA good 'ol order spam, would complement the existing sectorials and consolidate yu-jing's identity as the faction that plays around with order generation. And since it fits both the lore AND the expected gameplay of the sectorial i doubt it'll drift too far away from that. A zhanshi core backing up guilangs, daofeis, hac taos, tiger soldier and monks is probably what we're going to get, and I don't expect any invincible/imperial agent in there, they're not needed and they wouldn't fit thematically.

Thing is, it's a bit boring, and it doesn't account for any potential new unit. I wonder what kind of rules they'll come up with to make it a bit more exciting (I half expect something like an AD jump fireteam with tiger soldier in memory of the good old days with ko dali)

9. Space Ranger

True but I think they took that in account when making new troops and changes. I just like to keep in mind. I think Vanilla Nomads made off better with new troops from Tunguska than Tunguska!

10. Space Ranger

Another thing I'd love to have is some sort of troop with the actual Veteran skill. Even if it's just level 1. An HI with it even more so, he may be immobilized by EM but at least he wont' be isolated as well! Level 2 would be good because it' already includes the NWI and then Sixth Sense. So almost think of a Zuyong with Veteran Level 2. However the trend would be to make a 1 Wound, with Vet Level 2.

Heavy Infantry Or Medium
    Move 4-4(2?) CC15 BS13 PH12 WIP13 ARM3 BTS3 W1 S2 AVA5
    Veteran Level 2 (Ignore isolate, LoL, Sixth Sense Level 2, NWI)
    Combi Rifle
    Spitfire
    Multi-Rifle
    Heavy Rocket
    Boarding Shotgun

#70 Space Ranger, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Mahtamori likes this.
  11. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I think vet lvl 2 will remain the sole property(?) of the vet kazak unless I'm missing another unit that has it already.

12. Mahtamori

TBH, I think you could do absolute wonders with a troop that's essentially a veteran regiment of Svalarheima fighting or even the merchant conflict. Something along the lines of Govad/Druze/Zhayedan, however those units really crowd that... space... but a veteran skirmisher would be something that the faction is increasingly missing and the fact that Yu Jing doesn't get to truly compete in the indirect space (talking about jammers and hacking) and how Yu Jing mostly has to work around the problem, having a unit capable of skirmishing with these types of units would make sense - and more importantly, it'd make sense that it'd be the old style army that's developed a 1-wound non-HI unit that through grit and experience works to bring that kind of threats down.

Zerooness and Space Ranger like this.
  13. Space Ranger

Yes the Vet Kazak as of now is the only one. However there's a few times were only one troops has a skill and later on a few more get the same skill. If they ever get rid of the stupid nested skills it wouldn't need it. Vel Lev 2 is only adding Sixth Sense and NWI to level 1. We currently have HI with NWI. And it's level 1 I care about.

I totally agree. That would be cool. We can assume WB would only get Guilang as of now. But a new one would be awesome.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation