1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Twin Dragons: An IA battle report and story blog

Discussion in 'FanFic' started by darthchapswag, Jan 19, 2019.

1. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Hi all!

As a long-time lurker I've been amazed by many of the stories people have created here. Some, especially Yusashii Fuyu, inspired me to finally start writing up some battle reports and making a story.

The release of the IA and a recent period of leave from work gave me the perfect opportunity to get started.

What I've managed so far can be found here:
    https://thetwindragons.blog

I hope you enjoy it! C&C appreciated. Hoping this will also help motivate me to finish painting my Yu Jing!

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Ch1.5: And that, kids, is why you announce your presence outside the door before opening it when waking up a combat veteran! (many Long Range Recon guys will pull the trigger while still asleep. Good thing loaded weapons aren't allowed on-base. Magazine in is OK, but chamber must be empty!)

Ch1.6: Ouch. Yeah, your recon mission is well and truly up shit creek without a paddle when that much hardware shows up...

Ch1.7: Double ouch, but well done pulling the team out of the killzone.

darthchapswag and Golem2God like this.
  3. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

That was fantastic! I figured it'd just be fun to see some IA in action, but you've got me invested in your story and characters now too heh. Also, I really like your take on Tai Sheng.

darthchapswag likes this.
  4. darthchapswag

Thanks for the responses! Glad you enjoyed it.

Just posted the most recent update:

Chapter 1.11: Ticket to Paradise
    https://thetwindragons.blog/2019/01/20/chapter-1-11-ticket-to-paradise/

In Progress:

Chapter 1.12: Battle Report 6: Hitchiking the IA way (Engineering Deck vs Tunguska)

Hopefully be up sometime tomorrow.

Prequel Short
    I'm also working on a prequel short story that follows 1st Strike during the Uprising on Svalarheima. I'm aiming to have that up by the end of next week.

Painting!
    I finally got my hands on the IA starter set! While they're not exactly the model loadouts that fit the characters, I'll hopefully have them painted this week and can start uploading photos and character backgrounds for Strike Team One.

Paegis and Section9 like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Just started and consider this a Watched Thread! :facepunch:

Loving it so far!

6. Section9

Ch1.11: Even when you're that deep in the shit, this is a bad idea. Just because it's the only idea you have doesn't make it a good idea.

Looking forward to more stories!

7. darthchapswag

Danger Rose likes this.
  8. Section9

Whoa! Someone call the Neovatican, you need to get that miracle confirmed! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Space Ranger

If I could suggest something, please try to give more of your basic guys names. It really helps to have a connection to the story. Maybe get Asian baby name book!

Golem2God likes this.
  10. darthchapswag

Good point! I didn't want to overload with too many characters too early but I'll try and sort that.

Also, as I tend to only run 10 order lists, almost always with the Daoying + Tai Sheng/Zuyong HMG/Haidao/2x REM fireteam, I seem to have naturally focussed on them.

I'll look at spending a little more time on the Zhencha and Liu Xing, although the buggers always seem to end up catching it up!
    I've got some ideas for the Zhanshi engineer as well.

Danger Rose likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Some little things about what they are thinking about the situation could be useful too. Like the Engineer thinking "What the hell am I doing here!? I didn't sign up for this!" kind of thing can make it fun too.

Golem2God and Section9 like this.
  12. darthchapswag

Section9 and Paegis like this.
  13. darthchapswag

Paegis and Section9 like this.
  14. Section9

Very cool!

That's a funny-looking Drago, tho...:stuck_out_tongue:

15. darthchapswag

Haha yeeeeaaah. My PanO opponent doesn't have a Dragao model yet (hoping it stays that way!) so I lent him my O-Yoroi.

Despite loving the model (and TAGs being part of the reason I got into Infinity) I never really seem to run them with my JSA. I've not gotten around to getting a Guijia, although it's a beautiful sculpt, partly coz I doubt I'll ever run it. Definitely not in IA.

My opponent really enjoyed the tricks SAA offered so I reckon he might invest in the sectorial and end up getting a full size PanO TAG eventually.

Despite a REALLY shaky start, I managed to pull back another win for the IA.

First time properly using different terrain rules. Really want to explore that more, maybe try and build an industrial port or the Yu Jing hidden waterfall base eventually.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You play down ds?

17. darthchapswag

Yeah when I'm in London on a weekend!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah cool, it's my venue of choice although I must admit that table needs some.. love, nice write ups :+1:

19. Asreon_

Asreon_ Confused bardic artist

Just read all of it the last days, well done sir, an easy read. Thanks for the effort. Some small errors, but that happens:) Looking forward to more.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation