1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Alternate Paint Schemes for VIRD

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Ghost_X, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I will never (ever) be able to paint the Pano blue scheme. On top of that, I do not see my snake-eater Navy Seals in that color scheme even with all the black scuba suits underneath. I am hoping some of you have explored other creative color schemes for Pano's latest sectorial.

Thanks for any and all ideas!

2. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

Golem2God, Cartographer and loricus like this.
  3. Ghost_X

Very well done!

Golem2God and xammy like this.
  4. Kazavon

Kazavon Uxia McNeill's #1 Fan

5. Ghost_X

Very well done as well. I really like The Orc w/ Feuerbach.

Kazavon likes this.
  6. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I'm painting my PanO troops mainly with the camouflage holo on instead of off like the majority like. I pretty love the look this gives to them as a professional army instead of undisciplined guys or a show off army. Even if MO still have their tabards in showy color on their camouflaged armors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For Varuna, I'm going to take inspiration from camouflage patterns of australian, filipino and chinese oceanic ones.

#6 Ayadan, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  7. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

I went for a more serene oceanic white/turquoise/purple colour scheme for my Varuna (hampered, of course, by my inate inability to take decent photos.)

croc_fo.jpg cutter_front.gif

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The Chinese have some really cool Marine camo patterns.

Just remember that you want to paint the camo patterns much larger on a mini than Real Life.

9. Ayadan

Just to have a feedback on this : how would you rate camo patterns I have shown?

And yes, I loved the colors used by Chinese army. This was a blast about what I could do for Varuna.

10. Ghost_X

@ Ayadan...I really love the TAG! I am also leaning toward a more tactical scheme.

@ Jashyr...I think the purple on the Croc man really makes the whole color scheme work. Very creative.

Thanks for sharing!

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Section9

Really like the Aquila and Tik, not sure about camo with full color Tabards on the Knight (pattern itself might be too busy for snow camo, too, see the German 'tree bough' snow camo).

[​IMG]

12. Ayadan

Well, I was taking inspiration from what you can find in Russia rather than Germany. But I think that I should leave more white and less other colors in this pattern too. As for tabards, only Hospitallers will have real problems but at least, it makes the head a less obvious spot to shoot at. White is less obvious in jungle (for Teutons and Montesas) and black is quite neutral (Santiagos). I agree with you that bringing tabards like during Crusades is silly to begin with. I respect CB's decision about this. I just make it dumber as there is no reason the armor hasn't the holo camo built in and used while the tabard isn't covered by the projector. But maybe I'm thinking things in the wrong way or overthinking them too.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'm going to continue my camouflages as I really love painting those. Continue to share your color schemes, they are all nice to look at.

13. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

I paint my PanO in grey armor (Army Painter Uniform Grey) , dark blue for clothing and black for the scuba gear from the Kamau and Crocmen.
    For NCA i paint helmets and shoulder armor/plates red, for Acontecimento the same in green. For Varuna it would be cyan blue or/and black.... But i decide that what looks better for me when i paint my Varuna Minis.

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Section9

I'm actually a horrible person, I have long been tempted to paint PanO light infantry in fluorescent pink and orange with purple highlights. It's a joke from Michael Z. Williamson's Ripple Creek series, UN troopers were in that camo (which according to BuTech, was so far from any colors found in nature that it takes an extra half-second or more to react to someone wearing the pattern. Nevermind that you could probably see a person wearing that camo at over 2km).

Golem2God and Deltervees like this.
  15. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I’ve got my Varuna as part of an attachment on Svalarheim, so I’ve got the dark water neoprene suits with a variation on my light grey snow armor. Let me dig up a pic.

16. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

Infinity is one of the few games you could get away with this, and I would kinda like to see it :grinning:

17. Deakin

Deakin Remote Operator & Merc

I liked the idea of oxidized copper and brought that to mine.

I've got that Lit paint from culture hustle so I'll want to try greeny blue for energy colors on them.

Attached Files:

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

What do you use the Druze Killer Hacker as? I've been trying to make that awesome model work since forever.

19. Lieutenant

Lieutenant PanOceanic Dabbler

That Croc Man be like “I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFRICA” .

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  20. Kazavon

Kazavon Uxia McNeill's #1 Fan

It's my Trauma Doc! I'm using the Wardriver as a Machinist as well. One day a PanO Support Box revamp will come out, but until then I don't have to play with ugly models :P

Golem2God and Knauf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation