1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Banner, Hopes & Dreams

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Feb 20, 2019.

1. 0rph3u5

0rph3u5 TAG, you're it! :3

Agreed. I would take a 10-15 point single regular shaolin in a core fireteam, if possible, though. It's pure speculation, 10-15 points for a close range B2 chain rifle, CC22 + MA3 threat, and B2 smoke on PHY19 in your good range would be awesome.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

My guesstimate on what Regular would cpst in this pricerange would put the profile you describe (i.e. literally the only profile anyone uses) at 7. See the 6 point Caledonian Volunteer for reference (extreme impetuous discount easily weighs up the extra CC skills).

But the others get a proper BS weapon and Shaolin have the lowest BS of any unit in game (that has two hands and is not a civilian). Regardless if they become linkable or regular or not, I'd like them to get shifted to SMG and other extremely low cost and high rate of fire weapons. A BS of 9 makes anything more expensive or single shot irredeemable (smoke grenade launcher profile in particular makes me sad)

0rph3u5 likes this.
  3. 0rph3u5

0rph3u5 TAG, you're it! :3

Well, if I DID have a shaolin in a link team, I wouldn't even bother giving him any F2F shooting weapons anyways besides a pistol. You're right in that his BS9 is absolutely abysmal, so I would rather just have him chain rifling and throwing smoke and having other units shoot things. Think of 'em like a Tohaa Makaul in a triad or senior massacre in the starco mobile brigada link in that his job is to throw smoke, send out templates like the makaul, and be a CC threat while leaving the shooting to other guys in the team.

4. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Give White Banner a master Shaolin character with Inspiring Leadership. Problem solved.
    I mean, right now YJ is the second faction with less units and it seems generating extra orders is our new specialization now, so I would find it quite fitting.

Zerooness and Space Ranger like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Sure, but didn't they put that general in charge of the Hulang programme?

6. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

Just give me smoke, Rui Shi alongside Guilangs and cheap orders and I will play it.

7. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

This would be amazing, not only for White Banner but for vanilla as well. You could start lists with 4 KS and 4 Monks, basically ISSing all over the place.

Having linkable Shaolins in a mixed team with a MSV2+ trooper would be really nice. I imagine something like the Keisotsu + Kempei link, but better.

8. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Maybe our WB would not include an MSV!

9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Guijia
    Actually in comparison, the Guijia is in alignment with others in it’s ARM and Size.
    It’s 1pt more than Lizard due to CC tax. Though Lizard can have a HGL option.
    The O-yoroi is not much cheaper because of less ARM and a bit lesser of a gun.
    The Maggie should be more expensive. The disadvantage of its size and heavyweight is not enough of a disadvantage.
    The Raicho is almost the same price for the same weapons. It just has better options for more points.

upload_2019-2-21_9-7-3.png

Monks
    I’d love a fireteam but as mentioned, only Regular Warbands are able to make fireteams. They would need to do drastic changes to them. But how would that change Vanilla? I totally agree with @Janzerker about adding in Inspiring leaders ship. @Mahatmori the General may have made the Hulang program but that doesn’t mean the General doesn’t have the skill if he’s actually there.

Hac Tao
    I remember it in Outrage! So I’m at least hoping for AVA1.

10. Mahtamori

I'm expecting this sectorial to focus more on 1W models and more on camouflage than Yu Jing otherwise does. Kind of a Yu Jing take of Ariadna.

I'm expecting a unit more similar to Daoying (non-infiltrating camo) and no real heavy infantry beyond the solo pieces that are Daofei and Hac Tao.

Hopefully it'll come with a bit of tricksy-hobbitses stuff for asymmetry - maybe a Jammer unit and a few more skirmisher hackers. Hopefully another mid-field minelayer.

I'm not expecting MSV2, but I am expecting at least one new smoke unit.

You know what would be terrifying to play with and against? Forward deploying Shaolin.

Zerooness and Section9 like this.
  11. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The problem is that the Raicho and Lizard's more expensive variants exist, while the Guijia has nothing like that (except for a stupid 3 SWC Lt in a faction that is all about having the best Lt options). The other problem is that those other factions listed here don't have access to firebases like the Yan Huo, Hac Tao, or Su Jian (except for maybe CA... but that's why the Raicho got upgraded). Moreover, the Guijia lacks the kind of support that the other factions listed provide for their TAGs.

12. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Yeah, FD monks would be a blast.

13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I can't disagree with you there. I just don't think they need to be that much better but have more variety of weapons at the least. The 3SWC Lt. is stupid but the Lizard has the same. In a sectoral that has very little Lt. options to choose from.

I can see just having Daoying themselves. Maybe even make them AVA4. But yes I'd like more Mimetisim or ODD would be cool too.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Remember that this is the White Banner Army. It's the pre-Invincible army style of Yu Jing, so I'm expecting it to play a lot like N1/N2 Vanilla YJ.

One thought I had was a possible change to the Zanshi, kinda like how the Acon Regulars are Fusiliers better equipped for jungle ops. I'd give them Marksman rifles instead of combis, assuming Sval has longer engagement ranges. Either that or a whole new unit, Briscard-style. Appearance-wise, I'd give them those Russian fur hats (forget the name) and trenchcoats.

*laughs villainously in Chinese*

15. Mahtamori

Think Intruder without MSV, think Hexahedron but normal Camo, think Daoying without Lt2, Prowlers without Infiltration, or think Yuriko Oda with Camo. That's what I can see White Banner getting.

Decent BS, mediocre statline, focus on DZ guard duty. Probably HMG and Multi Sniper options. You know, ambush tactics, but not the same skill set or role as Guilang

16. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chaserabinov likes this.
  17. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I'd be happy with a list that can run 2-3 Guilangs, a Hac Tao, a line trooper link, a Rui Shi, and enough REMs and Shaolin for 13-15 Regular, 2-4 Irregular. That's a competitive setup.

the huanglong likes this.
  18. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I'd like to see it represent the proper "army" it is supposed to be with a good volume of well trained LI and good cadre of support troops and artillery. Not so fussed over what goes in there but as Varuna have specific squalo sectoral profiles, no reason why WB can't have the same on the guija. Give it some interesting duo options (tow an engy with it?), CC etc. Some good artillery options with plenty of smart/guided etc and plenty of defensive troopers like sappers and minelayers would be great too

19. Mahtamori

A fairly modest request, but we can't know for sure if the Hac Tao will be in there even if that particular unit fits the bill perfectly in terms of fluff and time frame this sectorial is meant to depict. Somethingsomething Daofei IA.

If you're willing to downgrade to Daofei, I'm sure the list you describe is a near 100% guarantee, plus you'll also get enough points to satisfy the demand for "enough REMs". However, I think we'll be looking at Japanese SECTORIAL Army level of REMs for White Banner, meaning AVA 1 for nearly all of them and probably no increased SWC costs.

20. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Makes sense. I don't know if there will be any kind of AVA restriction on line troopers... I can easily imaghine Zhanshi at AVA Total, but maybe not. If that's the case, and the default line trooper (whether it's Zhanshi or something else) gets capped, even having AVA1 Sensor and Flash Pulse, AVA2 on baggage would still provide a decent chunk of orders.

I like trying to anticipate what a White Banner list will look like, but it'll probably be nothing like what I'm envisioning :laughing:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation