1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Aleph player - Would love some advice on some basics

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Challenger, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Holoechos are a solid tool for dealing with mine spam as well. Patroclus isn't cheap, but he's no slouch either or Sforza in OperationS (nice bonus that Shock immunity doesn't stop viral death).

Nemo No Name likes this.
  2. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

Hey, i don't play or play against MRRF, i just looked up the profile in ariadna to see what they could do. I assumed they could link since you were talking about links, but if they're not it's just a lot easier. From my experience so far, an Asura has been great against camo spam, and looking at the Chasseur profile was enough to assure me they don't pose a significant damage threat to an Asura so a discover that they can shoot at as a normal roll wouldn't end the world. Sure, she can't hack them, but she also packs a nanopulser for short range and she can easily enable others to shoot the chasseurs.

Sforza is a model i hope to be able to play around with more- he's super versatile, and you can pretend to be a CoC troop as well since his points cost can be spot on with some of our CoC options.

Also, if we include steel phalanx: melee automatically reveals camo, so Ajax, Penny or even Achilles can just waltz up and try to take them out. Mines might be a bit of an issue in that instance, but most SP dudes can take a mine hit or dodge it.

It's a shame ALEPH has so few speculative fire options, or those could really help. Dakini LGL is just not really efficient to spend orders on.

3. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

It's not Chasseur that will shoot you. If you can see Chasseur, that means Asura is exposed and Ariadnan player will simply use one of his other troopers carrying a HMG or Molotok to shoot at Asura. To which she will die. Remember, the game is not played in vacuum.
    Leaving aside dangers of walking close to Camo markers due to Mines and Chasseurs' Light Flamethrower, you must still Discover a Camouflage marker before you are allowed to walk into CC with it:
    Speculative Fire can sometimes be good against Ariadna, but remember that:
    • you cannot Speculative Fire on only Camo markers. Only way to hit them is to target something un-camoed near the Camo markers.
    • Ariadna generally has decent PH values, making Speculative Fire that little less effective.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  4. DukeofEarl

A linked Dakini LGL is one of the better Spec fire units out there. Apsara for the base of 13 and a link puts it above either of the HGL TAGS and right there with Emily or Druze.

5. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome Challenger.

It might be a longshot, but by any chance wasn't the MRRF player Marduck ? If so he did not go easy on you playing with his chasseurs & Duroc. Try to play at least a couple MSV Devas to even the playfield, naga minelayers. I don't think he would dare play his merc TAG vs a new players for the moment.

Duroc I found is incredibly hard to protect from as he can dodge and smoke dodge on such high numbers (16 & 19 if I recall). Ideal solution would be mines, but using mines to cover your flanks are mines you are not putting up midfield to slow down your opponent. If you only have coldfront or are only playing OSS then I have no idea.

If you are playing vanilla Thorakites are good flank defenders they have a 360° visor SMG + Chain Rifle that gives you very good options, for a modest cost and orders.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

They are new players, an asura will be good against camo spam. Even against good players it's usable, so considering the probable positioning error and the tankiness combined with the msv3 and smoke, it's a perfectly valid option.
    For the marut i agree that tags aren't easy to play, especialy when they cost 115pts+, but it's always good to try to play this kind of piece and learn in the process.

On another note, Nemo you know the game well and it's always interesting to have someone like that participating in the discussion but i won't sugarcoat it, you are aggressive with others. Telling to someone he is wrong isn't a problem in itself, but the tone you often use tend to sour the debate quickly (also you are not the only one i'll admit it easily). Infinity is a game, i guess we all love it, we should be able to speak of it in a relaxed environment. Also this not a personal attack, it's just that i often read the forum and see topics devolve in battles. Because people do not adress each others with the proper respect.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Stiopa, jherazob, moyamoya and 2 others like this.
  7. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

@Regnator : you are correct, I can be aggressive sometimes, and I apologise to everyone for that.

It's just that I've been, for a lack of a better word, frustrated with how bad MSV3 is against Camo spam. It's one of my pet issues, you could say. This is not to excuse my behaviour, merely explain it.

8. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

I do agree that considering the rarity and the supposed performance of the msv3 in the lore, i find it underperforming too. Especially because it comes mounted on already expensive plateforms, and using those to discover can put them in significant danger.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Nemo No Name likes this.
  9. DukeofEarl

I appreciate you owning up so easily and honestly. I was debating bringing it up earlier, but didn't want to start something unnecessary if doing so would further raise your hackles. Consider this an apology from me for not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

10. Omen

Omen Active Member

Here is my 2 cents to a new player. sounds like you jumped it full force at 300 points. I suggest you and your friend go down to 150 points and start slow. with the simple basic rules found here https://assets.infinitythegame.net/downloads/qsr/en/v1.1/qsr.pdf
    If that isnt an option

I suggest you try to build a list with around 15 order in it. that many models gives your more options to cover blind spots. and also gives you extra orders if you make mistakes.
    thorakites with 360 are cheap orders to cover multpile angles against ad drop. plus a chain rifle .or flash pulse on the foward observer version (flash pulse is exotic ammo and will cause a stun on duroc should shut him down for a turn )
    mines try using a yudbot move + move .. 10 inches can trip alot of mines and dosnt loose you an order

this is just an example idea and im sure several others could make a better list

Aleph LI Basics
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    THORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    THORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    DEVA (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 33)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 25)
    YADU Hacker (Assault Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Boarding Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
    PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#30 Omen, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

If you are going to face Ariadna a lot, especially Merovingia, then learn to live Sniffers and Sensor.

Look them up in the Wiki, then do a filter search of ALEPH units on Army.

This is the same response as PanOceania uses and, trust me on this, it works.

12. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

@AdmiralJCJF have you got any good advise on how to use sniffers to good effect? I struggle to get the units which have them (my remote) close enough to deploy effectively without getting killed.

13. Omen

Omen Active Member

using smoke grenades should help
    also use a coordinated order to move the sniffer bots up to cut down on orders

if your running say a daleth and 2 lamda remotes. your looking at 2 to 3 orders to throw the smoke (from your choice of favorite myrmidons),
    2 coordinated orders to move + move and a the second to move + place sniffer. and 1 last order to for a sensor to move + ping
    5 to 6 orders (this can be a lot of order against ariadna who tend to have more orders then other faction)
    should give you 18 inches to move to your sniffer locations

you could aslo you sensor on daleth remotes or devas and forgot about using the sniffers.

14. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I look for paths where they can advance without taking AROs during deployment, and/or use co-ordinated orders to push up several so that AROs can't take all of them out at once.

I'm also usually pretty happy to sacrifice an order to get a Sniffer down, as long as it's in place to reveal a few camo markers.

Or to trade a Fugazi in return for a camo marker in an ARO position revealing for the shot.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  15. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

No it wasn't Marduck, although the chasseurs and duroc were very scary! I've been primarily playing in OSS to begin with because all of my coldfront and beyond coldfront models fall conveniently into it and i don't own anything like Achilles just yet

Thank you, between this and some of the other responses detailing good use of the sniffer bots i feel quite confident to face camo spam when it comes up

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  16. DukeofEarl

It is amazing how often I see people overlook the other effect of Sniffers too. Camo units can not re-camo inside Sensor Area. Sacrificing a cheap unit or two to create a zone that causes that against a heavy camo army can really swing the game around.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation