1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensor marker

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by spears, Feb 15, 2019.

1. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Should sensor drop a marker when it is carried out? I think it might make for easier dispute resolution.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

If used as a Skill in the active turn, yes.

3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I never considered it, but it could be helpful in tournament games to leave a 40mm or 25mm marker under the spot where your S2 or REM trooper performed Sensor sweep (as ZoC extends from the border of the base, not from the center).

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Does it have to be done at a specific point? I thought it hit your ZoC at all points along your movement.

5. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Not very explicit in the Sensor skill itself, but just like any other skill where range come into play, it ought to be performed at a single point of your movement which you'll declare at resolution before making any measurements. I also find it is not explicit in the Discover that you pick a specific point to measure range.

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It does but from then on a camo trooper can not go back into the camo state while within ZoC of the troop that used Sensor. I can't tell if theres a time limit like a turn or not. if you have multiple troops with sensor it's good to remember which one did it.

#6 Space Ranger, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

I thought the cannot recamo effect was just an auto effect of having sensor and did not require you to have ever actually declared the short skill "sensor". Like the +6 effect of sensor.

Hecaton likes this.
  8. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It is. It’s not possible to re-camo in ZoC of a Sensor or Sniffer, period.

9. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

As Mao said, it is a passive effect, you don't need to declare Sensor and there is no turn limit. You can never recamo inside sensor area (which extends to sniffers ZoC as long as you have a sensor alive).

But when a hidden deployed TO start moving from an area where you think you swept already, it is nice to have left a marker so that you know for sure if the player decided to tempt luck (your inattention) by not revealing his TO when you swept; or if it's true he was hidden just outside your ZoC.

10. Space Ranger

It's still good to have a token for sensor though so you know that it's on. Just because there's a sniffer, doesn't mean it was actually used to do Sensor. A token to show that it's active or has been used is good.

11. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

But it is always on from the start of the game.

On the other hand, I see Camo is Automatic skill so you can say all its effect are automatic too. While Sensor effects are list under the sensor non-automatic skill, but rather Short Skill. So we could approach it under the side that only once you spend the short skill do you then apply all the effect listed under it including passive bonus such as preventing enemy to re-camo, adding a +6 to your Discover skills, and unlocking the Triangulated Fire skill for the rest of the game.

Maybe because of past edition, the Short Skill ZoC Attack is applied to the sensor sweap (effects #1 and 2), while effects #3-5 are played as always on without needing to wait for your active turn to spend a short skill to turn them on.

12. Space Ranger

I think you are right. It specifically says they cannot re-camo when in the ZoC of anyone with the Sensor skill.

So even though a Zhanying did the Sensor skill to discover. the enemy can't re-camo within his zone or the Crane agent it's also near. He would have to move out of the ZoC of both of them in order to re-camo.

Edit: however, again it's nice to have a marker to remember who has the skill. I can't believe i'm saying that too because i hate all the different tokens.

#12 Space Ranger, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    A Mão Esquerda and Robock like this.
  13. spears

spears Well-Known Member

To clarify i meant to just leave one where you declared sensor sweep. Its a bit difficult at the moment to reconcile hidden deployment locations with old sensor sweeps.

Robock and colbrook like this.
  14. ijw

All that matters for recamoing is the current Sensor Area of any troopers that have Sensor.

chromedog and Abrilete like this.
  15. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Right. He was saying (and someone mentioned it above as well) that if your opponent doesn't reveal a TO marker in HD after a sensor sweep, but then, on some later turn brings the trooper out, it's hard to know if it was actually in the sensor sweep without a marker still down to represent where it was at the time.

spears likes this.
  16. ijw

But you'd check that when measuring the sweep? If Hidden Deployment locations aren't being measured/noted accurately enough to check then, you've got much bigger problems to deal with.

17. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Scenario, player A has sensor player B has the HD unit:
    B has a photo of the hd location
    A declares sensor
    B checks and feels the hd location is outside of sensor area.

Later B reveals the Hd trooper in a location that A thinks was in the sensor area.

At this point how can A realistically dispute this without a mechanic such as dropping a marker or perhaps having taken a photo themselves?
    It seems to be a fairly rare case where all the agency is with one player and it would be fairly difficult for a To to have a meaningful contribution after the fact.

Robock and emperorsaistone like this.
  18. ijw

P.S. Apologies for my first reply in the thread, I thought you were asking if a Sensor trooper in a marker state had to drop out of marker state to be able to stop someone recamoing.

inane.imp and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Ahh. No it was just after reading a brief batrep on here and wondered if there was a better way of handling it.

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I bought some 28mm armored dogs to use as Sensor markers:
    [​IMG]

Space Ranger, spears, nakar and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation