1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bixie and her Switch.

Discussion in 'Human Fate' started by krotos, Feb 7, 2019.

1. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Hannibal asks Bixie to make an action, and she rolls for a switch that gives her 1 Energy. When Bixie activates later in this round will she has 4 energy? Or only 3?

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Bixie generates ACTION POINTS, not Energy.

From the Action Point rule:
    Any unused Action Points are lost at the end of the Activation. Action Points cannot be transferred.

So it seems that any point gained would remain.

But...

Preparation Step
    At the beginning of this step, the Character has zero Action Points and zero Movement Points, and becomes the active Character for the remainder of the Activation.

So i'm not so sure at all...

3. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Energy :E: is not the same as Action points. The switch you say is "Gain 1 Action Point" not 1 Energy.
    And since you can not gain or use Action Points/Movement points outside a character activation this give you nothing.

4. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Sorry for misunderstanding. Action point of course! But Hannibal ability and tactic doesn't make you a active character, so Action point rule doesn't work in this situation.
    Also preparation step says that active character have a zero action points and that describes usual situation, and our case is unique. If preparation step says"set action points of active character to zero" there was not any problem...

5. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Thank you for correction, but Bixie isn't active character and will not has end of activation where all unused action and movement points disappears.

6. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

https://aristeiathegame.com/wiki/article/51-preparation-step

PREPARATION STEP

This is the first step of each Character's Activation. During this step, Action Points are generated and benched Charactersreturn to the HexaDome.

1. At the beginning of this step, the Character has zero Action Points and zero Movement Points, and becomes the active Character for the remainder of the Activation.

-V- likes this.
  7. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

I read this before I made my post:) I'm not native English maybe that's why I misread it, but in Russian "has zero Action points " and "set his Action points to zero" is not the same wording. Laxhmee's switch notes that she must be Active character to gain 1 Movement point. Bixie's switch doesn't has this requirement.
    I think that this is statement of fact(has zero Action points), that doesn't reflect unique situation that we have.

8. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

It is not the same wording but It says "Has Zero" so it is not possible to have one Action point at this step, even if you get that action point outside of the character activation when you start the Preparation Step of said character activation you will have Zero Action points. I don't see the issue.

krotos likes this.
  9. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

The ES sentence is almost the same
    Al inicio de esta fase, el Personaje se convierte en el Personaje activo, y dispone de cero Puntos de Acción y cero Puntos de Movimiento.
    so it is of no help...

Anyway. Is there a marker to keep track of the effect? If the answer is no, you should not be allowed to...
    Every lasting effect has its specific marker. No marker, no lasting effect.

krotos likes this.
  10. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answers!

11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Hannibal lets Bìxié to perform an Action, but this doesn't make her the Active Character. Ok, Bìxié Attacks and gains 1 Action Point:
    As it's not Bìxé's Activation, she cannot spend the Action Point. What do we do with this AP? Well, sooner or later, Bìxié gets activated, so:
    So, first, our Action Points and Movement Points pools are reset to zero. And then, she gets as many Action Points as her Energy Attribute (3).

:wink:

Egape, volgo and krotos like this.
  12. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

@-V- i was of the same impression after reading through the material, but that "the Character HAS zero Action Points" should be revised in "the Action Point of the Character are set to zero" to avoid further misreading.

13. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You're right. Noted down for the next review.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation