1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Tactics for troops to mutually support eachother.

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by IAGO242, Jan 29, 2019.

1. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

Hello All,

Just got back from Can Con in Australia, and came about 36 or so among 69 players, which is okay as I havent used IA that much yet. Had a 10-0 and 10-1 victory, lost 0-10, 1-10 and 4-6.
    But I just had the thought, after having my Hac tao killed twice, I need to have my troops support eachother better. While it often works well to rambo with him, and I have single handley won game with that soldier,, the Hac Tao killer hacker dies more often than I like, usually because I leave him too far up the board. Same for the Zencha. It might be good to have the Zencha for instance, work with the other units in protecting each-other with overlapping suppression fire/ fire lanes etc.

Is there a general guide or any tips people have?

Vs Ariadna
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HAC TAO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 67)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

@daboarder guide's for HI is pretty much about how to have a bunch of them support each other: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/a-primer-on-massed-armour-tactics.804/

As for tips, well you kinda already figured out the issue by yourself: if you leave your hac tao over extended, he dies, because it makes him much more easier for your opponent to hunt him down. If you don't want to lose him, you have to retreat to a safer position.

Section9 likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's one of the best guides to lots of HI.

The real challenge for Infinity players is reading the terrain. That's a skill I sadly don't know how to teach (not to mention one I don't really have!). You may need to set up some practice tables so that you push a sniper or HMG to cover where the opponent will have to move to get shots on your revealed Hac Tao, before you move that HT up.

4. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Your list does a good job supporting the Hac Tao but I think you'd get a boost just from shuffling folks around.

Vs Ariadna
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    HAC TAO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 67)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    ZHANSHI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This puts your support pieces in group 2 where they can act to help the Hac Tao without mooching his resources.

5. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

Thanks for the links and advice. The HI article is great.
    thank you for your help but I'm not sure the changes are worthwhile? The Son-Bae is no linger linked, and I can't do coordinated orders to discover camo without reducing hac tao orders, and now the zencha also wants the hac tao orders.

BUT you have made me change the warcor to the 2nd group so I can swap the zencha to main group if needed, or convert the warcor order for extra boost! (I wish i had more orders for zencha in a tournament on the weekend)

#5 IAGO242, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Oh, my bad, I thought that was a smart missile launcher, not a normal one. If you can find an extra point to make that happen it would be a big deal, since you already have two FOs.

To answer your questions:
    Your Weibing should be enough to discover stuff, shouldn't it? It moves fast and has sensor.
    I agree the Zhencha does want the Hac Tao orders, but he shouldn't get them. It should be all about the Hac Tao until he's down... if you find yourself wanting to use Zhencha over Hac Tao, I'd take it as a sign that you should just take two Zhencha. There's no shame in that... that could be a strong guided missile list.

7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

As an aside @daboarder who wrote the guide actually won the event you went to too... so that's a nice bit of sync ;)

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well like you said it's what you did and not what you have. Though i think if anyone can do the AHD it's the Hac Tao. He can give a KHD a run as well.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation