1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluff question: Tohaa meddling on Ariadna

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Scribbler, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Scribbler

Scribbler Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start a storyline campaign in my local gaming group, and I have a question regarding the presence of Tohaa on Dawn. I know that it looks highly likely that the Tohaa have been tampering with the Antipodes from before the first humans arrived on Dawn, but is this known in-universe? Also, is it known if the ancient (i.e. pre-human settlement) structures in Merovingia were built by the Tohaa?

Thanks!

stevenart74 and oldGregg like this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've never seen any official confirmation that Antipodes were in any way altered by the Tohaa - only fan speculation.

I also haven't read all the RPG books, which I believe is the source for the stuff about the Tohaa modifying the Oom/Helot.

Hecaton likes this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It's your RPG, though, so you do what you want :sunglasses:

4. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

There is a fragment of lore in Human Sphere where a moblot girld found what looks like an old tohaa vessel buried on ice. Bot nothing more.

It could be that antipodes where and old exaltation programe (they go in gropus of 3 etc) but this is more like an abandoned project that some kind of mistery.

Also there is the Trinomio the infinity tohaa version of Cerberus from mass efect. The Trinomio (sorry don't know the english traduction) is the tohaa organization that explored the human space aprox between the 20-22 centuries. Like one century before infinity univers. They where on dwan and paradiso but they left dwan in favor of Paradiso aprox at the same time that humans arrived.

What i want to say, a Tohaa will arrive at Dwan without knowladge of the planet or previous contactes. Unless your role game characther is from this secret organization (the Trinomio)

Golem2God likes this.
  5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

What is known about the tohaa:
    It is directly because of Tohaa messing with wormhole tech that the Ariadna Dawn colony was separated from Earth (their incompetence closed it (that wormhole) down).
    It is also directly because of their actions that the second colony vessel (the Aurora) was lost and ended up on Paradiso. They closed it during transit of the Aurora to planet Dawn (Ariadna is the name of the first ship, as well as what the colonists call the planet) causing that ship to be flung off in another direction.
    It's also because of the Tohaa that the COMBINE discovered Paradiso (they were lured there).

Nothing but fan wishlisting and fanyoga (it involves so much stretching and reaching it may well be yoga) supposition for connections 'twixt tohaa and antipodes.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

They are called Triumvirate.

stevenart74, Golem2God and krossaks like this.
  7. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Ty:+1: sounds better

8. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

It's also wirtten in campaign paradiso (old campaign book) that the Triumvirate capture on of the Tzeechi Digest (one of the probe that collect data on everything and that tohaa are sworn to protect, except Tirumvirate which want to use it againt CA). And one of their experimentation center they built using the Tzeechi tech was located on Ariadna if I remember correctly.

It is now abandonned since the Tzeechi gave false intel and all the tech they could extract from it rebelled against its users (bulding were half Bio / half tech starting to malfunction for exemple. You could probably have it portraied as something quiet horrible with tohaa body incrusted into the walls).

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Thought they found it on Dawn and brought it to Paradiso and started there with their experiments

10. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Nope, the "Relocated Digester Probe" was on Varuna, where it was employed to transform the Helots into a advanced kind "Atlantis Mermaid" civilization. . .

Obviously the Triumvirate had to employ their IDIOTIC Eldar-Superiority-Complex style of meddling to confuse, muddy the issue and moved FORCEFULLY the probe to Paradiso, to start experimenting on the straddled Human Colonists (the aim SEEMED to be to create a docile, obedient "Zombie-Like" Slave Race). . .

But the Tzeechi Techno-Organic Probes have a MIND OF THEIR OWN and sabotaged the efforts, with the Zombified Human Paradisians being unreliable and NOT easy to check (with "Suicide Bombers" desperate Freewilled Human Colonists able to hide between them and start to "Kamikaze" away the crumbling, decaying Biomechanoid Structure of the Triumvirate). . .

Meanwhile abandoning the uplifting of the Helots had FURTHER unforeseen consequences. . .

Luring the Combined Army to Paradiso (draining Troops from Tohaa-Only areas of conflict, half a galaxy away) was the ONLY "Partial Victory" obtained by the Triumvirate "Illuminati Templar Conspiracy" (that I BELIEVE is HIDDEN from the Masses of the Tohaa Civilization; like I said beforehand in another thread, is AS IF "Basic, Honest blue-collar W.A.S.P.S." American Citizens DOES NOT KNOW that their "Upper Classes" are REALLY "Uber-Capitalistic Satanic Cultists of Mammon, Hellish Archuke of Greed". . . . .!!!") after the "Colonial Freedom Fighters" were so desperate that deciding to DETONATE the Colony Ship Nuclear Reactor was THE BEST OUTCOME possible. . . . .!!!

So basically what the Triumvirate in their HUBRIS obtained was:

1°) Resident Evil / Zombie Apocalypse scenario on "Old Paradiso". . .

2°) For a BRIEF respite of their Frontlines NOW the Evolved Intelligence has started to fashion a BRAND-NEW "Client Warrior Race" (as evinced by "Baby Kerrigan" and "Mom Kerrigan". . . . errm, Bit + Kiss and Ko Dali !!!). . .

3°) The peaceful Helots of Varuna (let's say they seems "Abe Sapien" from Hellboy, or the "Swamp God" from "Shape Of The Waters") are MORPHING into berserker, savage "Deep Ones of Chtulhu" (another interesting "Visual Idea" is the Piranha-People of the "Deepsea Trench Kingdom" of the "Aquaman" Movie !!!); there is HONESTLY not ENOUGH References to know if the "Libertos Problem" is linked to this or is instead a MERE "Cameron's Avatar" Scenario where the selfish greed of Pan-Oceanians is creating a "Navi's of Pandora Planet" kind of rebellion. . .

4°) The Sygmaa Issue; from what little I was able to collate from MULTIPLE unclear sources is that what is NOW Sygmaa Trihedrons of the Combined Army where the "Country Bumpkin Fringe Colonists" of the BORDERS of the Tohaa Civilization, used as "Buffer Cannon Fodder" for slowing down the Combined Army while Triumvirate saved "Important Assets" (or well JUST their OWN "Important Ass-Ets" !!!). . .

Is a scenario that Corvus Belli Writers PROBABLY had inspiration from the "Serenity / Firefly" Universe (where the "Browncoats" Rebels of the Fringe Colonies were trashed by the arrogant "Coreworlds Pacification Army" and THEN had to face the issue of the "Reavers" No-More-Human Spacefaring Cannibal Hordes created by ANOTHER failed idea of the Core Alliance !!) or even by the more recent "The Expanse" serie (where the Arrogance of the Terran Capitalistic Government AND the Militaristic Dictatorship of Mars BOTH heap piles of dung over the "Belters" the Miners and Blue-Collar Spacers of Ceres and the Asteroid Belt). . .

5°) While I concur with @chromedog that there is NO OFFICIAL CLEAR RULING that Antipodes' "Triple Mindlinked Packs" are a DIRECT meddling of the Tohaa Triumvirate I believe that there is AT LEAST three different sources of HINTS that are widespread diffused between Second Edition Manuals, Third Edition Manuals and the disclosed R.P.G: Sourcebook (so COULD be there some "Canon Conflict" of what was written before and what is NOW Official Background Decision by C.B. Authors). . .

. . . . .

To do a Paragon with the Game Universe of Warhammer 40.000 is AS IF the Human Colonists of BOTH Planet Dawn and Planet Paradiso are a sort of "Non-Imperium of Man" kind of "Fringe Civilization" that struggles to soldier on. . .

Then, suddendly, some "Eldar Craftoworld" kind of APPARENTLY "Benevolent Space Elves Neighbours" show up and start to help You "Create a Better Colony" JUST because is their "Mandate as Superior Civilization to Help Unfortunate Lessers". . .

And THEN SUDDENDLY You discover that there are NO "Mere Hubris Filled Craftworlders" but in reality, the Dark Eldar of Commoragh pretending all the way, while their "Homunculus Genefreaks" are REALLY trying to "Devolve" You into a Slave-Race good for JUST Hard Labor, Gladiatorial Bloodsports or "Frontline Cannon-Fodder Duty". . .

Golem2God likes this.
  11. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Antipodes as cheap triad members is a fancy idea though!

stevenart74 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation