1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In your opinion, which faction has the highest turnover and why?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Keyrott, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Was curious, which faction do people think has the highest turnover of players coming in and quickly going out due to either lack of interest or boredom? Obviously this changes with certain events (A bunch of Yu Jing or JSA sales after the uprising, seems like right now I'm seeing lots of Ariadna for sale after TAK's release, yet I'm not seeing as much ALEPH. People trying to capitalize on the hype of new releases to offload old purchases? Disappointment in sectorial releases? Whatcha think?

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Tohaa would be my guess. Just because of the current stagnation and limited list builds

Golem2God, Barrogh, Keyrott and 2 others like this.
  3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Wouldn't say it's Tohaa, cause very few player are starting them.

My Opinion.would be MO, cause there style seems to be very attractive outside of Europe. But the playstyle is very limited and fancy Pain Train list can easily be countered.

redeemer, Golem2God, eciu and 4 others like this.
  4. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Agree with MO, but only from my limited group. Two of my buddies started with MO, and quickly ducked out for other Sectorials.

Wolf and Keyrott like this.
  5. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I'll also agree with MO. People switching from 40k see the HI space knights and expect space marines, try to charge across open fields and get gunned down. You keep telling them the correct way to do it, but it's either too much work for them or they don't want to play that way. Either switch to an "easier" sectorial or drop Infinity all together.

Section9, Golem2God, Keyrott and 2 others like this.
  6. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I definitely knew a guy who equated Morats to 40k Orks, insisted they should play like that, tried playing like that and kept getting his ass kicked, then quit the game because Infinity is bad because 40k Ork tactics don't work in it.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Should have played Caledonians.

Robtor, Shoitaan, Golem2God and 7 others like this.
  8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I've seen a lot of turnover/lack of interest from YJ players, with a few of them having bought into the faction right when uprising happened and losing a good portion of their models.

Other than that it seems kinda random.

9. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Isn't that an oxymoron?

10. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

buying a bigger and better army with bigger and better guns is a valid historical tactic. It worked for conquering the American west.

Pen-dragon, Shoitaan, ev0k and 3 others like this.
  11. Insane Cheese

Insane Cheese Member

I'd hazard Nomads as a contender. Lots of people buy in on the plucky space rebels thing, but the play style can be pretty complex.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wolf, Golem2God and Keyrott like this.
  12. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

That sounds like strategy rather than tactics to me! (Sorry, I love splitting hairs sometimes)

Rolling codices sure is a darn shame though.

Barrogh and Keyrott like this.
  13. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I don't think MO is the same beast it used to be, so whilst that may have been an appropriate guess before - I don't think it is now.

If we're talking highest turnover as in dropout rate once picked up - Shasvastii. They are cool, have lots of funky stuff... But they're super glass cannon. And aside from Noctifer Missiles and Speculos - Ariadna does all the same stuff better and cheaper. But, there are not many people (these days) who bother picking them up to start with...

Wolf, Golem2God and Keyrott like this.
  14. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

@paraelix I've been playing infinity for two years, usually go to tournaments in other cities, even satellites sometimes, and I think I've never played against Shasvastii.

Wolf and Keyrott like this.
  15. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Things are gonna change pretty soon, well I hope so.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I share this opinion. Nomads are versatile but PanO shoots better, Aleph and Tohaa have failsafes with NWI, Symbios etc., other factions have more camo and so on... and your Nomads stuff is expensive and most often has 1W. They don't forgive many mistakes. People struggle with this playstyle most often.

But I agree with MO as well. @eciu will approve this. ;)

Wolf, Golem2God and eciu like this.
  17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Probably MO, because people get it as a faction rather than PanO. Like you'll hear a new player say they play Knights, and you might say "hey you should get Varuna/NCA/whatever" and they're all "nahhh I just like the Knights" and then they get bored because, well it's actually just a Sectoral.

TheEmptyRoad and Golem2God like this.
  18. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

With shitload of limitations and rather difficult gameplay.

Another problem is "MO's CC promise" which is not delivered at all (lot of people thinks Knights are good in CC, while in case of MO it's "very, very complicated").

Golem2God and theradrussian like this.
  19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I suggest trying to do new "MO list".

Then try to do list in NCA/ASA/VIRD, it's like completely different game.

20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Also: the MO tactics thread has quite a lot of views, and I don't think I'm on the level of @barakiel and @daboarder so it would rather mean that there is a lot of people interested/curious about MO.

And actually meeting MO player is not that easy (so far I've played only once against other MO, game was short and rather poor as I could easily finish almost tabling him on my first turn ;/ )

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation