1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Primer or Table Structure and Setting Up the Game

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by daboarder, May 5, 2018.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Oyentido and Golem2God like this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

@daboarder appreciate the link back to this, but the images all seem to be missing

SirGrumpyPants likes this.
  3. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

That is a currently forum-wide issue that @daboarder will not be able to fix on his own. Try opening the first page in incognito/private mode in your browser.

jherazob, inane.imp and Leviathan like this.
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Good tip - thumbnails show up when using a private browser window. The images they link to are sadly missing, but as you said its a forum issue.

Xeurian likes this.
  5. inane.imp

If you're not logged in you can see them (usually).

Xeurian likes this.
  6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Yeah... Best we can do at the moment unfortunately.

7. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Oh thats good too know, was wondering what was causing that as sometimes I can see them sometimes I cant.
    If you PM me on facebook I can flick em your way

toadchild likes this.
  8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I missed this the first time around but it was a good read. Thanks for sharing!

The other option for images is to host them elsewhere and insert links to those images, rather than including the images as attachments. This adds a different set of headaches, of course.

9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

10. inane.imp

@eciu

eciu likes this.
  11. daboarder

Warcor

I can have a look in april, bit busy until then. Alternatively I could print out a PDF file and host it somewhere if people would like that.....?

ChoTimberwolf and Ben Kenobi like this.
  12. daboarder

Warcor

Note:

If you Logout the images are displayed properly. its not much, but it is a workaround

SirGrumpyPants likes this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Some old responses here:

Very much so!

Also, 'selling' Infinity as an awesome game really benefits from cool terrain!

I may need to add that to my Crowd rules, I wrote them before Biometric Visors were a thing. Crud, I wrote them in N2!

14. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

I describe the game board as the third player and am always incredibly disheartened when I'm stuck playing on an aesthetically ugly or inconsistent table.

15. daboarder

Warcor

16. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

Useful primer, thanks for making it!

My group tends to almost exclusively do Diagonal tables. Is this the norm? I worry that it is benefiting Rambo-focused lists a bit too much, but that could also be my inexperience talking. I'm also having difficulty deploying a 5-unit link without clumping and exposing them at the same time. Usually I end up having to choose between clumping or being exposed.

17. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

It helps in not getting very long fire lanes that go from one deployment zone to the other. The tables are also more interesting because, like the bishop in chess, you can be attacked from unexpected routes if you are not careful.

18. daboarder

Warcor

Like most ideas.
    Id get bored if that was the norm. Different tables give different list options their chance. If your tables are the same it will likely end up affecting list choices on a wider scale

Karmano and Abrilete like this.
  19. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

We definitely have some fire lanes like that. One of my recent games had a quarterish of my full deployment zone exposed if the opponent flanked barely halfway up the table. Not even halfway, really. He was able to pop out, wipe out a couple units, then march a shotgun up and wipe out a link that I had to cluster against a wall since anywhere else would be exposed.

I had another similar game where McMurrough was able to smoke up the field then spec fire me into oblivion, but that was partially my fault for being too aggro with my Fusi link turn 1. I went to kill McM, but he smoke dodged since I'm PanO and forget that people can do that lol.

Do we not have enough scatter, maybe? Not enough places to deploy and hide? At best we can hide in buildings or on roof tops. I can upload a pic of my table half (I was doing hidden deployment) later, if that helps.

20. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

A little bit of scatter terrain helps a lot, because although your troops will be exposed anyway, at least thay'll have partial cover and you don't clutter all them together. As a Tohaa player I now about he pain of having to hide weak Fireteams so they are not wiped out after a single teamplate hit.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation