1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Pride of Rodina, Feb 25, 2017.

1. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

And on top of that, the rule of cool. The Zhayedan, for example, is going to pop some baddies with his pistol despite carrying a perfectly capable breaker rifle + shotgun combo :P

Martial Arts 1 like Tarik would be nice. CC20 and poison is decent, but I feel it's an extra cost for extremely niche situations. Of course a pure Khawarij Haris would allow you to gang up and hack away, although I'd rather use Tarik + support in a situation like that for the same points :P
    Tarik + Khawarij Haris on the other hand would be ridiculous fun!

As for the tease, I personally hope it's a heavy rocket launcher, but a general proxy Khawarij is fine too. Hoping for a box of course.

oldGregg likes this.
  2. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

HRL would be sweet, but I don’t see myself running it until RTF drops and we get a fire team with it.

3. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I'm wondering something. So, Nomads had several regular faction choices. Corregidor and Bakunin were the primary foundation. As time went on they got more and more Tunguska releases. Then, out of the blue they got sever new JCT drops. Almost every model was oozing with starburst levels of flavor. But, when the sectorial was released and reviewed it seemed just as good if not better to simply play it in the regular nomads faction. Of course, we are not Nomads, but they are considered a tricky faction with older tech...

So, I am wondering if the same thing will happen to us. May be then, RTF will be break away making it more of a stand alone sectorial. Or, will it simply be written off and all new models will be better used in the regular haqqislam. Just my thoughts.

#143 sololobo, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  4. oldGregg

I hope RTF is much more along the same lines as Varuna.

5. Mask

Mask Well-Known Member

Varuna is THE masterpiece of 2018 ..
    IMHO .

Mask

6. oldGregg

Yup. It blows me away how well put together this sectorial is. I wonder if CB has it in them to repeat the achievement, or if it was some sort of miraculous fluke.

Mask likes this.
  7. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

I don't think varuna is that amazing compared to the others this year, rather just a bit more cohesive and simple. It's quite a lean meat sectoral. I think Rama might be a bit more rules-y and toolboxy.

8. oldGregg

If you want a toolbox, play vanilla. I want a sectorial that’s as refined as Varuna. They aren’t as limited as many say. Sure, you can’t do everything at the same time and have to focus your list, but the results are outstanding.

I’m guessing we may very well get a toolboxy sectorial, but we would be much better of with something more aligned with The lean, mean, competitive machine, that we call Varuna.

9. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

Looks like we're getting a Khawarij box in February!
    Comes with a boarding shotgun, heavy rocket launcher, spitfire and a nice surprse: MK12 + MSV2!
    That should pair up nicely with the Al Fasid. Makes a good mobile camo hunter as well.

10. Agorapocalypse

I am soooooo fully torqued right now. I bet the old khawarij mask will make a come back as msv2.

11. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Or maybe they dont need a device at all:-D

Errhile likes this.
  12. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

Ill hope for a Tarik Haris with a Khawarij MK12+MSV2 and a Doc with a Boarding Shotgun, i think this would be fun ;)

oldGregg likes this.
  13. Agorapocalypse

Hear me out...we get a Tarik V.2. We get tarik in power armor so he becomes S6 3wounds phys16 bs 15 etc... he can be like another tag for us.

Deltervees likes this.
  14. oldGregg

I’d be very surprised if this happens.

15. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

nope he just becomes a Shield with the Haqq logo on it ;)

Barrogh and oldGregg like this.
  16. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

God damn it. How dou you, guys, use Fasid? I really want him to work in Ramah-style list, but three times in a row he failed to do anything.
    1) One-shot by Daylami Panzerfaust on Turn 1. With the first order in the match.
    2) Wounded one Batroid out of cover. Batroid used Dogged to kill Fasid. The rest of the roster couldn't move without taking 2-4 AROs, since my opponent easily annihilated TR Bot, Ghulam Sniper and 2 Panzerfausts.
    3) One Fasid died to linked Rodok ML, second one was out-shot by Sogarat Feuerbach.

Is he just not good in firefights? Am I a horrible player? BOTH?
    Probably the second option, though..

17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Which Fasid, as there are two loadouts?

HMG? For me he's another incarnation of Azra'il HMG. That is - well-armored, resilient solo HMG. He's big and he's going to attract a lot of fire, so he absolutely does need his Cover - but this brings him to effective ARM 8 (ARM 6 vs AP), meaning he can shrug a lot of that incoming fire off if your luck is with you.

HRL? I can't say I used him a lot, but he seems to be an interesting idea: Terminal Template long-ranged weapon, especially useful against fireteams, and SMG for close-range work.

Being outshot by a Daylami is simply bad luck (Burst 1 vs Burst 1). It happens though, which is why Daylami PF are used at all.
    Losing all 3 ARM rolls is definitely bad luck. I assume it was out of cover, and you couldn't risk sending a Doc or Nasmat in, even if it was getting Unocnscious Al Fasid rather than outright dead one?

Batroids? You were on ARO, or active turn there? Having lost TR REM, Ghulam Sniper and 2 Daylami sounds like either massively bad luck, or bad deployment on your part. I wasn't there, I can't really tell, but such a defensive layout, especially with decent deployment (good distance, in cover) should have costed your opponennt quite a few Orders to dismantle...

Linked ML is always nasty. It is a matter of who's active and how is the distance affecting things. Sorogat Feuerbach is again a matter of luck (AP+DA, once it hits, is a great can opener!).

LoganGarnett likes this.
  18. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

First two games were with HMG, the last one was Limited Insertion, so I took both.
    Vs Daylami - yes, Fasid was in cover with Nasmat ready to pick him up if something went wrong. Didn't think he'd get shot with Panzerfaust and fail all 3 ARM rolls, though.

Second game was Biotechvore. We agreed to not predetermine the mission and chose it randomly after making our lists. Lost WIP roll, so I wanted my opponent to work for every inch of his movement by interlocking ARO pieces as much as possible, while remaining in cover. Probably shouldn't have done that and played it more safe, since all they did is killed one linked Unidrone and slowed down Xeodrone link.

19. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

do you guys think Kum bikers will go in Ramah?

20. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Nope, they are part of the Khanate. Ramah is the Caliphate.
    But someone mentioned that the fluff of Carmen Johnson & Batard suggests they work for the Caliphate too.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation