1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapons you want in game

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Those are Tohaa's Symbiobombs, but as they are one-use-only they are not very reliable.
    It's awesome when you get to use them, but you need first to win the WILL vs Reset roll and then Bypass the BTS. If you fail any of those... well, wait for the next weekend to try it again.

I really want a Tohaa "Phacker" (Pheroware-Hacker) that doesn't need the Symbiobombs to use the Pheroware tactics.

Cothel likes this.
  2. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

what about an SMG, Rifle, pistol or even a Sniper with the rule Silent ?
    The tactical Bow with only B1 dont cut it, i want my commandos to feel as such

Stiopa and Abrilete like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Kamau with Silent SMG is all I've ever wanted.

4. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

I'd actually prefer a few renamings and reworkings of existing weapons first, like change HMG to just MG or GPMG. Reducing the SWC of Molotoks, change SMGs to PDWs so real pistol-strength SMGs could exist, but in lieu of that, here's a fairly big list of silly ideas I had mostly came up with while pondering a cops-and-robbers variant of Infinity focusing more on crims with poorer guns than even low-tech Ariadnans and then extended thinking of ideas as a reply to this :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AoEVKQFB7ZrQ-f1_EguyKUhfbnVRCAgef82nmVo40qU/edit?usp=sharing

5. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Fire Combi Rifle
    Fire Mines
    Stun Mines
    Stun Shotgun
    Flash Rifle
    Laser (B2 DAM15 DT, MMR range)
    All grenades getting either Shock ammo or higher DAM
    Paramedics getting Viral Pistol, or some "bio pistol" to represent lethal dose

And while we're at it, expand Bioimmunity to ignore Flash and Stun effects
    More Heavy Shotguns and Marksman Rifles

#105 Magonus, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Abrilete likes this.
  6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

When will this "let's invalidate backup plans either being an order sink already or paid through the nose" madness end?

Ok, jk. But really.

7. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Forget that, I want exp bows.

[​IMG]

8. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Tinfoil Hat - This model is immune to the effects of the Jammer equipment.
    Jamaican Hacking Device - A 1 point hacking device that only has the Redrum program.
    Napalm Grenade - Very low FIRE damage grenade that sets that area alight until the end of the next player turn.
    Chainsaw - CC weapon with a fire like effect, in that hits bypass armour cause an additional hit.
    Big Shield - Model gains +3 ARM against attacks originating in it's front arc.
    Grabby Whip Weapon - A close range weapon that, causes some kind of PH test otherwise the affected model engages the attacker, allowing you to drag them away to kick their heads in.

9. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

When you roll three misses and the Hardcase gets a crit...

I've had some more "ideas"... IE I remembered Worms was a thing

Banana Bomb: Grenade that when it explodes, causes another four grenade explosions around it.
    Bungee: Disposable one-use device that prevents fall damage dropping off high buildings.
    Ninja Rope: Disposable one-use device that allows the user to use the Climbing Plus skill.
    Sheep: Targetless weapon that is simply allowed to run off. Executes four 4" move short orders in a straight line, bounces off impassable terrain and turns the other way. Can be detonated at any point of the move passing a WIP check, or detonates automatically after ending the fourth move.

10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Aperture Science finds your lack of faith in scientific progress disturbing.

Seriously, why don't we have a DeusEx-esque "parachute" yet?
    Guess because there's Super Jump, Climbing Plus and general lack of hardcore third dimension on Infinity tables in general for practical reasons.

11. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

I was about to suggest a Flying Guilloutine for the Shaolin, but then I realized it's just a Vorpal Close Combat Weapon...

12. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

Heavy Laser Disturber; Range 0-8:-3, 8+16:0,16-32:+3, 32-48:0; Damage 14; Burst 3; Ammo: Stun; Traits: Non-lethal, Silent, Technical Weapon

13. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Morats need a Shock Heavy Shotgun for crowd/conquered population control purposes.

Belgrim, Stiopa and Natsymir like this.
  14. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Heavy Swarm Grenade Launcher.

15. Erbent

Erbent Well-Known Member

I've just remembered a cool thing from metal gear rising - explosive armour! would be a fun thing, something like an automatic equipment with "when the user suffers a hit from CC attack the attacker recieves a DAM14 EXP hit". Imo that would be a great equipment for protecting TAG/REM and maybe even some HI from a CC, this shouldn't be put on stuff like Avatar or swiss guard for balance reasons, but as a unique feature for some units that would be great fun.

16. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

Yeah, because we see too much close combat and it needs to get nerfed.

17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Stun is better than DA as an ARO against multiple wound/str targets and especially if they have lower BTS than ARM.

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I would like to see Plasma Grenades and Plasma LGLs though. Both in CA and in other factions trying to develop Plasma weapons. It kind of makes sense to me that it'd be easier to develop a grenade, where you don't need to worry about the weapon surviving being fired, than a plasma rifle which presumably is quite a bit more complex.

Section9, Abrilete and Mahtamori like this.
  19. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

That's not true. It's only better if you just want to stop it now, and have other plans for the next turns. If you want to kill it, that's another story. Yes of course, you probably don't think you can kill it in one shot, but each wound is a step toward it's death. And when your opponent realises his big mini is getting killed bit by bit, he will probably stop the rampage on his own. Or continue and lose it definitely. You can stop it now, or stop it forever, that's it.

Danger Rose likes this.
  20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

@Nenyx the point is that against some targets DA doesn't stop an attack. As to the rest, if I have 70% chance of killing your dude and you have 20% of wounding me, I won't stop just because you put a wound on my soldier, but a stunned Crane or Su-Jian is barely even capable of seaking cover and may not even enter Suppression Fire. So if your Multi Rifle armed goon has the choice between Stun and DA against a Maghriba, remember also that Suppression Fire that he'll use to protect himself in the reactive turn will be denied with Stun whereas a wound won't

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation