1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pondering the future - a.k.a. will we se some new releases for DBS soon?

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Brawler, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Hey all!
    I figured I would make a title that says it all. Considering this great new sectorial has most of it's models available. Do you think we will see some new additions to the army during 2018?

Of course we're lacking models for Brawlers and Arslan, and some might even say Valerya Gromoz looks bit dated. And you could say that the sheer number of unit options (especially if we remove remotes) are fairly limited. So would an addition, either an existing unit (dear god please make it krakot) or a new release make sense?

And yeah, I really wish they would've added krakot from the start, he would've fit in perfectly.

Thoughts? Discuss!

2. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I guess Kratoks would have fitted, but so would have Yuan Yuan thematically, so I highly doubt we will see any new additions of existing units like that at all.

New not yet released mercy maybe.

And for minis. I guess Valerya is fine, they certainly should do other Characters like Zoe or Carlotta first.
    Arslan probably will see a released soon, just because it's probably a quick and easy release for them to do (character design already exist, Druze base as well).
    Brawlers are more complicated, but since they serve such a vital role, I reckon CB might do a Box eventually.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if CB blindsides us and we see a new Scarface and Cordilia. They just love their characters.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

What do you want? We just got a new Warcor! :laughing: EDIT: and Druze resculpts!

My guess is that we're likely to see a new Hunzakut, ABH, or Bashi before we see anything else simply because they are used by more than just DBS.

Arslan and Brawlers would be nice and I hope we will see them at some point, but I don't expect them soon. I could be wrong about this though, it's fairly clear this has been in the pipe since Outrage so maybe they have the designs in place. I think LVO this weekend has a seminar, if they are coming I think we might get some clues there.

As for the future of DBS, I get the feeling it's an intentionally limited and possibly a static faction. I feel like they put in the design time and came up with something pretty good; but I don't expect them to revisit it anytime soon and give us new units. My thoughts are if they had intended for more units to be in the faction, it would have been a part of the design process and even if there were no model; the profile would be there now.

Reece likes this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yes, Bostria is giving a seminar there.

5. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

So, I'm not the only one that kind of expects a new Scarface & Cordelia? Because I do. It's actually the reason why I haven't picked up them yet - I have everything else needed for DBS, aside from Brawlers and Arslan, obviously.

As for Valeria - she's really looks old. I hope that Carlota looks better when finished, because I just bought her today!

6. Brawler

Thanks for the responses guys. I have to agree that most of the things you said makes a lot of sense. Even a new scarface and cordelia:)
    That being said. Being a person considering buying into a new army atm, perhaps I should wait for some releases and go for Onyx in the meantime? I've played "unfinished" armies before, and I really don't enjoy either proxy or the waiting period.

7. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

The only things missing from DBZ are the Brawlers and Arslan.
    And just using LI or MI from other factions for that seems absolutely fine since the it goes well with the mercenary look anyways.
    I guess because of that DBZ are probably more a Sectorial you start on the side, because you already have some of the minis anyways.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. jfunkd

Warcor

23ear5.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

T. Rex Pushups and McNamara like this.
  9. Brawler

Haha, dear god you made me break down on the train!:D

But it’s true :’(

10. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Hmmm, here's the question: I already have Kameels, because I'm also creating a Haqq army. So... am I overly ambitious / shopaholic / stupid that I'm tempted to buy another set of Kameels, so that I could paint them in Druze colours?

11. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

That's totally up to you and your own standards for collection minis!

Personally I don't see much sense in owning more than 2 Kameel to play.
    What you could also do is just get two Salyuts, Mulebots or even Panggulings. I am sure people won't mind because it's basically the same unit across factions anyways. And it would give a nice Mercenary feel to the Druze (the Kameel are already the best looking ones though). :)

12. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

Fairly certain that DBS is going to be updated with AVA 1 Al Fasid due to this:
    [​IMG]

The Ikari company is basically JSA combined with druze forces. The brawlers, bashi, druze, scarface, bounty hunters, and Armand are all redundant, granted this should be expected due to the mercenary origins, but theres a few things I notice.

Daiyokai have ava 1 and no fireteams, having a special fireteam in JSA; Al Fasid also have AVA 1 and stick out like a sore thumb, so inductive reasoning would be that they are shared with DBS. I'd even go further and say a special fireteam is very likely seeing that DBS love their mixed links, as well as the fact that Druze are high point cost and would have difficulty throwing in a 50 point unit into the list.

One instance does not a pattern make, but it seems fairly reasonable especially considering the fluff.

Edit: they also have vet 1 so they'd fit right in with the obvious LT. but backup vet theme

#12 Q.A.I., Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  13. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I think the reasoning behind that entire army list is "let's gather all bad guys and dump them into a single sectorial". In that regard, Al-Fasid is not really that outstanding, what's with "show what you can do and we won't ask any questions about your past" background of this unit.

14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, at least for Zoe, there's good news! :D

15. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

DBS needs a few more options to be really playable. I've got most of it and found I am revolving around 2-3 list styles, which gets old fairly fast. I saw in other thread that the other new sectorals got around 30 profiles to chose form and DBS only had 19, which means that DBS should get a few more options in this book.

I wouldn't mind the Kaplan with a Special fire team option. Also a couple more Lt options. With only 3 its an easy target.

16. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

I was seeing the list as more of Japanese produced/outfitted troops and outsourced troops. The Al-Fasid is one of the outsourced troops, which leads me to believe they're outsourced from DBS. All the non Japanese troops have high redundancy in DBS besideds the desperados and Al Fasid, and Al Fasid fits the playstyle of DBS and theme to a T

#16 Q.A.I., Mar 6, 2018
  17. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

The Kaplans are part of the Kaplan Tactical Services Merc Company. I was actually suprised to NOT see them get a Merc entree in the NAA book.

Cannon Fodder and xagroth like this.
  18. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Actually, they are part of Beyram Resources.

xagroth likes this.
  19. jfunkd

Warcor

DBS does seem underpopulated compared to Ikari and Starco.

I hope you are correct and DBS will see some more units.

I think something like the Al Fasid would be right about what DBS needs. Our current durable units don't leave a lot of choices when building, and an additional unit with 2 actual wounds in the 40-60 point price range seems just about right IMO.

The Al Fasid would almost be ideal because of it's toolbox kits. Unfortunately it's smoke+normal lgl kit might be too much in CBs eyes in a faction where smoke access has been intentionally limited and where targeted could make that lgl shine.

Still though... I really hope this could be.

#19 jfunkd, Mar 6, 2018
    Q.A.I. likes this.
  20. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I just want that juicy Bulleteer! Star got the Lunokhod and Tsyklon too!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation