1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation: Which sectorials will stay, which will go?

Discussion in 'News' started by brettdavis1991, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Navy SEALs and Delta Force would like to disagree.

2. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Aren't "black ops" more of a CIA thing ? I'd always thought special forces were more in the "covert ops" buisness.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'd say that you could make a pretty cool Black Hand "Special Jurisdictional Command" Sectoral based on taking some existing Nomad troops, some mercs and some new very experimental and weird troops for the faction.

Will they? Should they? I dunno. But one could.

4. Skylifter-1000

Skylifter-1000 New Member

Isn't there any statistic which are the least played sectorials? Those are the ones that will be retired, after all.

I also think Bakunin is probably going to be one of them.

5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

6. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

So if we just look at the graph and disregard how new each of the sectorials may be ...
    Ikari is gone.
    Tunguska is gone.
    Merovingia is gone.
    Starco is gone?

Or do we look at percentages?

Then do we take the lowest out of each remaining faction? How would you look at this? I wouldn't be really surprised, but its hard to imagine Ikari going away ...

All in all, I think the actual numbers might not give away the big surprise that's coming.

7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

They are all to new. Tunguska was just released. The NA2 Sectorials are meant to be small and shas is in rework. This leaves - by pure numbers - QK with 184.

8. oldGregg

Which I don’t think would be unreasonable at all. But I also wouldn’t doubt new sectorials getting sidelined. CB has never been shy about making people upset before.

9. Section9

Read the wiki article on the Bin Laden raid. All the troops involved were temporarily civilians under the CIA. Because that made it NOT an act of war. Had they still been in the US military, it would have been an invasion.

"Black" just means "massively classified". The F117 program was Black, as was the U2 and SR71 before it. The B2 program was black, too. For the planes, that usually meant that even their budget was lumped into a bigger program when reported to Congress. Pretty much every SEAL op has been intensely classified, at least before it went down. Same with Delta. The technical phrase is "Glomar Response" (which comes from the operation to recover a Soviet sub that sank off of Hawaii, and the Glomar Explorer that did it): The United States can neither confirm nor deny anything related to the events in question. Because even the existence or lack thereof of even memos or other paperwork would reveal classified information. Same rule for presence or absence of nuclear weapons onboard US Navy ships.

Also, the US Navy has done quite a few black ops, read 'Blind Mans Bluff' for the best list I can share (and holy crap was that a shitstorm when that book came out! All sorts of "don't talk to people" lectures, that were still continuing 3-4 years after the book when I showed up in Bremerton!)

Understatement of the year!

Berjiz and Errhile like this.
  10. oldGregg

@Wolf
    Is this good enough for a nomination?

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

By all accounts, if it wasn't for the fact that CB has stated that they are working on a completely new look for Shasvasti, that's the sectorial that meets every single one of the incentives for freezing MRRF-style, and meets them the most. Poor sales, poor rules, poor participation, side-lined in releases, and basically set up in fluff to be side-lined at a moment's notice (afaik).

It's off topic, but which post are you nominating, Section9's or your own?

12. oldGregg

Obviously my own. I’m a pretty big deal.

Solar, Errhile, Mahtamori and 2 others like this.
  13. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

All nomads will stay same for aleph the rest is not so safe it will go down to sales numbers which only CB knows

14. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Morats certainly appear to be complete. Complete and utter disappointments :D

Section9 likes this.
  15. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

I think we have to distinguish between popular (played) sectorials and those that still sell well. I suspect CB looks at sales data rather than ITS popularity. Some sectorials are almost complete in terms of profiles represented by miniatures and they are often played at ITS. I personally believe they are good candidates to be shelved. Their sales might not be as high anymore because most players got what they need already to play them and it is also the reason why they are well-represented at ITS tournaments.

I play ISS myself and I wouldn't like to see it shelved, but ISS is a good candidate for that (other sectorials in other factions as well). The sectorial is already bloated, so new profiles are unlikely, and the missing profiles are often those that would not sell that well and CB knows it. So i believe some profiles will never get miniatures to represent them.

It is all speculation, but i think it is interesting to talk about it and share different opinions here. I might be totally wrong, it is certainly a possibility. I believe that releasing completely new sectorials and shelving older and more complete ones to re-release them in 2 or 3 years with brand new "must-have miniatures" that everyone will buy is better business than releasing missing profiles (and less popular ones) for popular sectorials. I am eager to see if my predictions are true or i am completely wrong. I hope I am wrong.

redeemer, Leviathan and oldGregg like this.
  16. Section9

Valid point.

I disagree, because that would leave Yu Jing with only one sectorial in production, the new Invincible Army. Even when we get to the White Banner (that's YJ-on-Svalarheima), that would only give YJ two sectorials when everyone but Tohaa and Aleph has more.

Though if CB went with my suggestion on how to de-ugh the Imperial SS and had the Imperial Dynasty in charge get changed and then run a major purge of all the idiots who made the Uprising worse, that would set up a reason to temporarily withdraw the Imperial SS.

The problem with this is that some of the missing profiles have been 'must-haves' in many people's army lists.

TheEmptyRoad and sevsterino like this.
  17. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

Valid point. Maybe it is a topic for YJ sub-section of the forum, but i am really curious which must-have profiles we are still missing?
    I can think of new Bao box, Celestial Guard BSG, maybe Su Jian BSG/Panzerfaust? Anything else?

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think/hope you also need to consider that this freezing comes with a final upgrade. ISS could use a fair bit of house-keeping, but for entirely different reasons than MO, FRRM, or Shas.

Add to it that the reason Yu Jing is fairly complete is that it's a major power with very, very, few sectorials to release to. I'd expect Yu Jing releases to simply shift to White Banner after IA is sufficiently complete and ISS be left as is until next major revamp event (N4 basically). ISS is also fairly logical to be kept for that event, and not only for symmetry reasons, while the frozen sectorials might be discontinued.

sevsterino likes this.
  19. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

QK getting pulled back would make sense in the following:

They still exist and are running security, but these forces are not deployable. Deployable units, and units able to be utilized in joint task force efforts are extremely reduced following 3rd offensive, and those units still online are tasks with defending the last elevator on Paradiso. QK is currently occupied and have no available units that can be deployed further as caravansary, and silk trade security is of the utmost priority. I will be suprised if they write, "QK got wiped out!" It is simply far too large of a military organization, and spread out too far.

Errhile likes this.
  20. oldGregg

I wouldn’t believe it, but I wouldn’t be surprised either.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation