1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity New Year Challenge 19/1/2019

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by REND, Dec 7, 2018.

1. REND

REND Well-Known Member

We're hosting a 300pt Infinity event using Soldiers of fortune on the 19th of January 2019.

Information and ticket page here: http://exeter-inquisition.org/showcase-events/infinity-new-year-challenge/

Location is Little Silver Scout hut, Exeter (there is a link on the ticket page for more complete details). Registration is 9:30 with first round planned to start at 10am.

Any questions, please post in this thread.

WarHound likes this.
  2. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

A couple of questions:
    Sign-up deadline?
    List submission deadline?

(working out travel arrangements at the moment)

3. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

Signed up!

4. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've paid!

(And also neglected to include any useful information with the payment)

5. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

Hi there, @REND
    Is there an event up for this yet, or are @gamma ray and I the only ones registered so far?

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The ITS event should be up later this week. Confirmed attendees is around 14.

7. ijw

8. gamma ray

Warcor

IJW, REND, Epsolon921...

...hello bottom of the table, I've missed you..!

Saying that, I'd love to have a game against you @ijw - for all the events we've been to, we haven't played eachother yet!

ijw likes this.
  9. REND

REND Well-Known Member

Apologies for not responding sooner.
    We are fairly laid back about deadlines so provided you sign-up and submit lists before the event starts you are fine.

If you are traveling by train then let us know when it gets in and we can probably arrange for someone to pick you up from the station. (Just let us know which station you will be arriving at.)

10. REND

REND Well-Known Member

As @ijw has already said, the event is now up and you are not the only ones registered. Should be a good day of gaming.

WarHound likes this.
  11. REND

REND Well-Known Member

Little update for those attending. Below is a link to the house rules we will be using for the event regarding civilians, That ARO issue, LoS through small gaps/holes, roof hatches and doors. I've copy and pasted it below so you can read it here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

http://exeter-inquisition.org/showcase-events/infinity-house-rules/

Infinity House Rules

• Civilians – Neutral Civilians including Xenotechs do not trigger AROs, and any Deployable Weapon that would affect a Neutral Civilian will not trigger.
    Notes – because we have a Xenotech mission, plus there are Classifieds that require Synching with Civilians. This also stops players from using Civilians as risk-free Minesweepers by triggering them with the controller and then nullifying the template by moving the Civilian into the template area.

• Shooting a target’s rear arc from the front – this can be done as per the FAQ, but only horizontally – you can’t shoot a trooper’s rear arc from the front by using a higher position.
    Notes – because idiocy.

• LoF through small holes in terrain – holes in terrain are treated as blocked unless they are large enough for an S1 Silhouette to fit through. For example slatted barriers or railings will be treated as solid and LoF cannot be drawn through them.
    Notes – This helps to prevent “gotcha” AROs or shots through scenic holes in terrain. As always, please discuss the terrain with your opponent before the
    game starts, and the TO can settle any disputes before it is critical to the game
    in hand.

• Opening Doors – unless specified otherwise, all doors are ‘Star Trek’ doors, that automatically open whenever any trooper is in base contact. This means that you can freely walk through a door and the door will count as being open for that Order. If staying in base contact, the door will stay open.
    • Roof Hatches – if a roof or floor of a multi-storey building has a hatch, the building has an elevator to/from all floors at that point. Remember that using Activate on the Elevator means that you appear on the new floor at the end of that Order.

12. Cartographer

I've secured permission to travel and now paid :)

REND and ijw like this.
  13. REND

REND Well-Known Member

We look forward to seeing you there.

14. Cartographer

Not to get all panicky, but I'm missing an invite.
    Do you want me to pm you with any more info?

15. ijw

16. gamma ray

Warcor

@ijw @REND @Domo

Thanks again for today, had a blast! A very large thank you to my patient opponents today!

REND, Cartographer and ijw like this.
  17. Cartographer

Seconded, that was an awesome day. I fear I was the slowest player involved (judging by the number of spectators my games seemed to attract) so thanks for everyone's patience.

REND and ijw like this.
  18. REND

REND Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you and @Cartographer enjoyed yourselves. Will make sure to advertise and let you know next time we host an event.

gamma ray likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation