1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Varuna Immediate Reaction Division: A Tactica

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Dec 27, 2018.

1. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

You people are crazy if you think the character described as a "Living brochure for her home world", and her home world essentially being a beach getaway, wont be wearing tactical bikini

Death, inane.imp, Guardian and 11 others like this.
  2. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

I have no idea what this means, considering that Joan is fully clothed, and not displayed in a sexual manner. The only thing exposed is her head, which makes sense for a character model.

3. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

She is a buff lady, can use a helmet because of inspiring leadership, whatever impressions of pin up with a plate disappear after the first encounter with her

4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Swimmer physique (tall, broad shouldered) lends itself pretty well to "heroic" poses. I wouldn't be surprised though if her proportions and armor ended up looking like Joan's, minus the MO tabard and iconography. The existence of Joan means that CB already has digital sculpts for female PanO HI armor, and I don't expect things to change too much from that.

In some ways, I'm more curious to see what the PanO SMG looks like. Since I've been using Libertos as proxies for Helot Militia, I gave my Patsy kitbash a Yu Jing SMG to keep the look consistent. To my knowledge though, we haven't even seen dossier art for what the PanO design actually looks like.

5. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

Oh well... Now that you say... They probably set a style already with her. I'm still hoping for an armour more similar to the male IPs, since Patsy will be the first Not-Joan female IP except for the old ones.

At first I thought maybe the ones in JSA, but they all have the Yu Jing's SMG.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  6. mauriciorjbr

mauriciorjbr Well-Known Member
    Warcor

loricus likes this.
  7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Kinda itching to run the Patsy + Squalo Zapper Duo.
    That many points in a Duo is not really my cup of tea but Multi HMG for range/Nimbus+&Zapper for close quarters sounds quite potent vs pretty much everything.

This many eggs in one basket for two models is really not my cup of tea, but a carpet of Helots, Warcor and Techbee should be enough bodies on the ground to cover the investment. Varuna's available mid range options for backup assault pieces might also work pretty well to enable a TAG.

barakiel likes this.
  8. barakiel

It's a cool concept, one that I've been considering as well. I like that NCO at least helps refund some of the expensive cost, and gives the Squalo that free order for moving around. I've been getting comfortable with the standard 15-16 Order, 2 Irregular setup for VIRD (regional ITS events have encouraged those kinds of lists) so I'm hoping for some formats soon that will encourage TAG use. I've seen a huge surge in Hacking lately, which has made me wary of running non-marker state TAGs, but I think VIRD has good tools for working through this kind of matchup too.

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Most of my favorite units:
    Intruders
    Tomcats
    Bandits
    Pheasants
    Kanren
    Sekban
    Djanbazan
    Daktyl
    Myrmidon

I started to think these type of 1 W (relatively) high cost guys were starting to not be included in new sectorials unless as a way to make the troop bad. I'm glad to see instead I have a new faction.

inane.imp likes this.
  10. Zarc07

Zarc07 Pan O TAG Pilot

I played in the Virginia Dire States event (The Old Dominion Disagreement) last Saturday and I felt pretty good about most of my games. I still need to learn how my play style fits with Varuna but I'm liking it so far.

Attached Files:

mauriciorjbr likes this.
  11. Phayton

Phayton Well-Known Member

Dig this LI list. Never thought about a non TAG LI list:grinning:
    How does ZC lt. work out for you? I would end up lol often cause I use really aggressive.

12. Zarc07

Zarc07 Pan O TAG Pilot

Honestly it worked out quite well because I was able to use it to poke and then run away. There was one match where a Crane Agent w/ Xenotech was below me near the objective and so I used the fact he wouldn't see me to go up and isolate him then move back and recamo.
    Most people in my community dont really know/care that the ZC Jammer is the LT because they dont Lt hunt much anyway.

Phayton likes this.
  13. Zarc07

Zarc07 Pan O TAG Pilot

Side note @Phayton, I LOVE TAGs and if I feel that I can get one in a list I normally do but with the tournament players I'm used to they'll just depth charge the crap out of any TAG I put in the water.

Phayton likes this.
  14. barakiel

I missed this post @loricus , but I like it immensely. VIRD is definitely the Sectorial for amazing, medium-cost 1-Wound units with incredible capabilities. The true Snake Eaters have a huge amount of capability, as well as incredible style. Do you think you'll be starting VIRD?

loricus likes this.
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I've already started playing them (I have a little PanO) I'll probably be buying models when the red fury echo-bravo comes out and I have the money.

16. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

So brothers of PanO, yesterday I had my 1st tournament with Varuna, considering that I played only one match with our last sectorial army, I'm quite satisfied with third place, very soon I'll post my lists.

17. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I do like the amount of variety VIRD has for it's fireteams.
    Lately I've been simply fascinated by three-man teams myself. Three-man cores have recently started to sound a lot more favorably to me than full 5-man cores, largely due to them generally fitting into single group lists a lot more conveniently, plus the idea of a Haris and a Haris-but-it-is-actually-a-Core lists is interesting as well.

This interesting variety in lists you can make can lead to stuff like this.

Varuna Immediate Reaction Division
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    PATSY GARNETT Submachine Gun, Nimbus Plus Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)
    ORC (Varuna Div.) (Multiterrain: Aquatic/Jungle, Stealth) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 45)
    ORC Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    KAMAU Heavy Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    KAMAU (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    ECHO-BRAVO Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, WildParrot / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    CROC MAN (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    ZULU-COBRA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

And this... this is a tempting single-group list, if anyone were to ever ask me.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

So, here are my two lists used in my last tournament :

T2

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    ZULU-COBRA Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    MULEBOT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]2
    CROC MAN (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)
    KAMAU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    KAMAU (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    MACHINIST (Varuna Div.) (CH: Mimetism, Stealth, Aquatic Terrain) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

T1

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]2
    BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    ECHO-BRAVO Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, WildParrot / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Superfluid, Maksimas and East of Irem like this.
  19. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Okay, popped into army builder again...
    There is some... amusingly silly stuff you can make with VIRD. It's rather... vird to say the least.

VIRD: We Can Spam Camo Too™

[​IMG]10
    ZULU-COBRA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    ZULU-COBRA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    ORC (Varuna Div.) (Multiterrain: Aquatic/Jungle, Stealth) Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 43)
    CROC MAN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)

6 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

One three-man core link against the world ( Until the enemy notices a bunch of camo markers on the table. ).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation