1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity, Tabletop Simulator, and Twitch

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Vaulsc, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I know most of you are already familiar with the three things listed in the post title. Honestly, when I first heard about Steam's tabletop simulator and the fact that there was a mod available to play Infinity on it, I wasn't that interested. A simulation would likely be a weak computer game plus a watered down version of the table-top game. The worst of both worlds. However I want to say that I was wrong, now that I've been testing it out for a few days. Once you get used to the interface and learn the basic tricks of it, playing infinity on this thing is actually fun, easy, and sometimes more convenient than the real-life version. There are so many parallels to real life play, and obviously everything you know about infinity is immediately transferable, which feels great. Of course the TTS will NEVER be a true substitute for the real tabletop wargame, and of course we'll all still be playing with our real miniatures, including me. But I want to promote this thing right now.

I've made a YouTube video giving an overview of it, offering some help on how to get started with it and navigate the features. I've also made a discord community which 30+ infinity enthusiasts have already jumped into. We've already organized some games and tutorials, and there are people discussing the game a lot. You are welcome to come join us. I've been streaming on Twitch for years, a couple of days ago I did my first stream of the TTS being played live. Everyone is welcome to follow me on twitch and simply tune in at the touch of a button if you just want to watch. You'll see a game of infinity being played, us commentating on it in voice chat, and if you want you can join in on twitch text chat and remind us of all the rules calls we are missing.

I'll be streaming a lot and spending a lot of time in this discord over the next week. If you want to look at a pre-recorded stream, don't forget that Twitch saves previous streams in the channel video section. I've also uploaded one of these games to my YouTube so far. It would be great to see you come by!

Here are the links.

Join us on discord https://discord.gg/jdaZAxt

My infinity content on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/vaulsc

My Twitch channel - https://www.twitch.tv/vaulsc

Myomer, Azuset, Postmortem and 8 others like this.
  2. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

I've played a couple of matches on this and it's been good - lot of effort been put into the Infinity mod. Looking forward to getting thrashed some more in due course!

3. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I just bought the TTS since it's only 10€ right now with sales going on.

I will try it and if I like it I would gladly try to play a game with you. :-)

4. TriggerPuller9000

TriggerPuller9000 Poverty Orde Wingate

Excellent Vaul...can you tell me, what types of data does the Tabletop Simulator log? Like for example, if you do a F2F roll is there functionality to save out that information?

I've been looking for a convenient way to read out Infinity data for a long time, for academic research purposes. Coding video battle reports takes far too long.

5. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Dice results are written in the chat, don't know if you can save the chat easily or not but even if you can unless you also manually write in the chat before every dice throw what it's for it's going to be difficult to see what is FTF and what is normal or armor or guts and so on. Normally you just say in voice chat what your roll is for and what is needed for success.

6. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

@Vaulsc thanks for intriducing me to the TTS for infinity. I really like your Infinity videos.

Do you have or know of an assest repository (shared online drive folder) for custom Infinity maps for the TTS?

7. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Join the discord and talk to @Whyrocknodie and he'll hook you up.

Whyrocknodie likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation