1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are tohaa players a joke to cb

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by borings, Dec 31, 2018.

1. borings

borings Well-Known Member

so they post a thing saying 2019 is a year for tohaa players, and the next day they say to not to take the thing they posted too seriously since it was Día de los Santos Inocente. A few months ago they made a joke at tohaa player expense in that commercial. I think asking whether this player base is a joke to the company is a legitimate question at this point. It doesn't seem to me like they pay much attention to these forums, or else they would be trying to assuage all the doom and gloom in here, but i'm not sure where else i could ask this question.
    To be clear, the reason im asking is because it matters if they consider tohaa a joke, in the context of what part of their aforementioned post we should not take seriously.

Barrogh, Zewrath, Abrilete and 4 others like this.
  2. SirTycho

SirTycho Well-Known Member

I've wondered that before, too.
    The fact is that CB has a sense of humour that is sometimes a bit weird. YuJing players have already been confronted with it.
    I personally think it's wrong to make fun of an extremely insecure and disappointed fanbase, even if it's only a small part. That only promotes the toxic climate even more.
    And they are still customers.

3. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

I think that on one hand they're mad keen gamers (obviously), but on the other, that they don't take themselves or the game nearly as seriously as others might expect. So yes, they might well think it's funny that say, people hate on Tohaa Sybiomates or that Tohaa players themselves feel neglected. They spend their working lives developing a game, but they also seem very well aware that it's still just a game.

#3 Wolf, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Savnock, chromedog, Errhile and 4 others like this.
  4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Pretty sure they're on record for 2019 being "Year of the Alien" long before any of this... So I'd suggest you don't get too uptight over it.

5. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

I don't think tohaa or tohaa players are a joke to cb.

I think the fanatic peat is something cb thinks of as a joke between the company and the community. I think it's the kind of teasing that occurs between friends.

I have every confidence that community feedback is listened to and considered by cb.

That said, I would personally appreciate more conscientious communications from cb. Tohaa players have a legitimate gripe about not getting new releases for so long. It should be taken into consideration when crafting messages to the community.

Azuset likes this.
  6. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Barrogh and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Stop being insecure then.

8. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

CB could clear up a lot of things when it comes to Tohaa, If they would stop some of this area 51 stuff, Come out and tell us what's the deal, We can do two things with the information, accepted or not. At the some time, I don't see how making jokes at your customer base will help, at the same time jokes don't upset me, then again that's just me, I think CB looks at us as fan boys of a game but CB should be very careful with this attitude because we are fan boys of their game.

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The problem with your post is simple: the only way to fulfill it is to leave this game, which means less players. Unless CB's strategy is to have a constant influx of new players that will compensate for the loss of veterans and then some (to grow), that is detrimental to all people interested in Infinity.
    And leaving players can resell their collections for a fraction of the price, thus not really giving new money to CB.

ChoTimberwolf and Mob of Blondes like this.
  10. InventorofSoup

InventorofSoup Well-Known Member

I think it was just a poorly timed post of the article that caused confusion while they were trying to be funny and enjoy themselves with the actual joke post. I mean they did make a post clearing things up. As for the army itself I think it is hard to keep it a unique balance so CB has issues trying to update this army but I do not believe they would want to get rid of a full faction of players that fancy their faction. (Please exclude the Sub faction Exrah) They just had to put their heads together a little longer to find a good result to update Tohaa.

11. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was well timed, and they do pay attention to the forums. With half the latestes threads on Tohaa bemoaning their "inevitable demise" the joke was calculated to tease those with a knee jerk reaction to assume the worst.

New Tohaa are coming this year, and I am looking forward to it.

chromedog and Cothel like this.
  12. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

They could fix the reported issues (logins, images, icons...).

Problem is, at some point, the knee goes to where it hurts...
    company's bottom line.

13. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

We may have a different understanding of insecurity then.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'm taking it as "lack of trust in what is coming next will be OK to you" in this context.

Incidentally, CB has twitted they want the customers to "stop harassing" them over the 28th dec "joke". And they asked over FB what had they done to merit so many people thinking the worst of them.
    If they need someone to explain them the answer, or why saying those things is a bad PR move, they really do have a problem (of their own design, I must add) :/

jimbo slice and Abrilete like this.
  15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I never understood this “if I have to explain this to you, it’s already foobar”.

There’s an issue. Other party doesn’t understand something, so they need explanation. Explain. Move on. Profit.

16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Simply put, in this case it's simply because it has been told several times already: too much trolling to the customers, too much jokes at their expenses, not even close enough real communication about intentions.

For example, saying "the less played sectorials wont get minis anymore but will remain ingame" (Sisters of Battle, instead of Squats) but refusing to give names generates insecurity, specially since it has been clear since Uprising that CB's numbers do not agree with what a lot of people see in their gaming environment, or that they read their own data in strange ways. This creates uncertainty.

As for the "harassing" needing to be explained to them, it's quite simple: at this time, they made their own bed, it's quite foolish to not understand why they now will lie in it! So much bait and switch, the third announcement of the "Tohaa year" when the certain release is an NA2 pseudo-Tohaa army... Obviously they don't know how to properly talk (and listen!) to their own community.

17. borings

borings Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. Just trying to parse what information has been presented to us by a company that doesn't seem to want to be in open communication with the player base.

18. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Do we know any of this for certain though? From my perspective it seems like CB is making adjustments and changes to try and clarify some things or correct problems that players perceive. They were specific it was a Tohaa favoured year for example instead of just saying "The year of the alien". They brought forward the release of IA to be in 2018 when it looked like it would be 20189.

Tirumvirate as a human merc faction is possible probable but a lot of Tohaa players weren't very happy with the idea. Are we sure the Triumvirate we get will match earlier concepts they were bandying about? I dont think I've heard anything about the sectorial in the last 6 months. It seems to me like some of the concepts were just that Concepts. Hey the concept didn't go over well they'll make changes and revise.

paraelix likes this.
  19. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

So if we go by the last "Years of the Tohaa" we will get a release schedule on par with the other factions, I guess its better then one new sculpt and some repacks.

CB has set themselves up as a company known to make their customers the butt of the joke for their own amusement. At this point they should be expecting people to believe the worst from them, as they have done little from a communication front to foster the good faith of the players of this game.

20. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Wait, that was real!? It wasn't a photoshop made for shitposting purposes?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation