1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Table Layout Inspiration: Redux

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by ijw, Nov 2, 2018.

1. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The last table looks like and X-COM2 map printed in 3D. Very nice!

2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I'll try to grab some pictures of the tables at the nearest local Infinity tourney I suppose.
    Can't find any decent images to rip from the tourney last time.

I can say that most of the tables generally end up having an overall modifier added to them in their entirety usually, alongside a scant few terrain zones ( Dear Emperor can I say how painful the White Noise rooms on one of the tables are... ).

Flipswitch likes this.
  3. Nathelis

Nathelis happy Invincible Painter

@Flipswitch asked me to also post my tables that are finished here. So I will comply. Both tables are fully modular and can be configured in unlimited ways and they offer the best Infinity experience I have seen so far...the multi level design really works. Soon I will be working on the 3rd table which should bring even more value to skills such as super jump and climbing plus.

Tables are located in Vienna, Austria. We play trees as saturation zones.

IMG_8611.jpg table1.jpg

Smiler, Melchior, zapp and 8 others like this.
  4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Some from my last tournament in Reno Nevada. I picked up some craft foam sheets and cut them out for terrain area markers and made special rules for each table. Unfortunately I can't find my notes on what the rules were so I'll have to go from memory for now. All tables had Objective Rooms for the entire tournament, despite only one mission using it as such (Engineering Deck). Far easier to arrange tables that way.

Tabel 1: Celebration
    IMG_20181027_165443.jpg

1. Entire table is in the midst of a large celebration (think the Rio scene in Moonraker)
    2. Fireworks are going off randomly. Dangerous Terrain Rule. Any roll of 19 or 20 will trigger an automatically successful Flash Pulse attack on the unit that rolls that number.
    3. The Yellow areas are bunched up crowds and act as Saturation Zones
    Table 2: Flood Plains IMG_20181027_165448.jpg
    1. The rivers are flooding. All Aquatic and Multiterrain gains +1 to their first MOV skill.
    2. The Blue areas are the actual rivers. Difficult Terrain, Aquatic
    Table 3: Pitch Black IMG_20181027_165424.jpg

1. Restricted Range. All shots over 32" automatically fail
    2. Table wide Low Visibility. REM, MI, HI, and TAGs ignore this due to tech. Any unit with a visor (MSV or X) ignores as well.
    3. The White terrain areas are flare zones. Any unit touching them is in full view. Low Vis and Restricted Range are ignored when targeting them
    Table 4: Boarding Action IMG_20181027_165419.jpg

I forget exactly what this one had going on. There were White Noise areas and a boost for Zero-G/Multi. I think the boost was +1 first MOV and the Red zones were the White Noise

Table 5: High Sierra
    IMG_20181027_165433.jpg

1. Mountain and Multi get +1 MOV (First skill).
    2. Green Terrain areas are Low Vis.

5. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

[​IMG]
    A newish table we used on an event just passed. I stupidly did not take pictures of our tables except this one!

Mountain things were Mountain Terrain/Difficult. The planters were Low-Viz and Saturation. :)

volgo, Section9, Berjiz and 1 other person like this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Bad Flip! Drink more tea before playing, so you're awake enough to remember to take pictures!!!

RogueJello likes this.
  7. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Well-Known Member

The idea of using crowds as saturation zones got me thinking. Lots of mats have streets and while I ignore them while setting up half the time it always bothers me and I do prefer to set the terrain up to match the mat. Started getting some vehicles to fill these up but what about using streets as terrain features? Say saturation zones and dangerous terrain due to traffic. You gotta shoot while there ain't a car in your way, gotta take care not to get run over, etc. Make the streets into interesting terrain instead of just way too long firelanes?

Section9, DukeofEarl, Smiler and 3 others like this.
  8. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I discovered how much fun (note I actually like biotechvore...) dangerous terrain can be in a 20x20 match that used it. The people who played that table got a kick out of the interactions it caused.

9. Section9

I cooked up some Crowd Markers and some Streets rules a while ago. [edit - apparently long enough ago that they're "Zero Vis Smoke" and not "Eclipse Smoke"! ]

For the streets, I put a lot of cars on them but left the cars stationary. It's more representative of there being traffic there, not worth the effort to have a 'vehicle movement phase'. Did make the cars block LOS, though. Hazard level depended on what kind of street it was, higher speeds increase hazard level!

DukeofEarl likes this.
  10. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Well-Known Member

Agreed, moving vehicles would be far too gimmicky anyway. I was thinking more along the lines of of just having it a saturation, perhaps low vis zone and dangerous due to vehicles moving past. You wouldn't have to represent them with models. The street servers the same way a crowd marker does. I'm just not sure what would be too much. Also it might be one of the few cases in which to limit the height of a zone. Someone on a building could see over a street after all.

Section9 and DukeofEarl like this.
  11. Kazavon

Kazavon Uxia McNeill's #1 Fan

[​IMG]

Here's a table from a recent tournament I hosted. This table was Christmasland-- a defunct corporate Christmas themepark on Neoterra. White areas (filled w/ trees) were saturation and low vis and made for a very interesting experience.

12. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Reminds me I need to hit the local craftstore for their after christmas discounts on terrain.

Section9 likes this.
  13. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that feels some of those tables really reward or punish lists.
    I really wish CB would have recommended layouts or ITS or ITS would showcase tables before the tournament.

Also the tables look amazing.

Wolf likes this.
  14. Section9

Yes, everyone should!

RogueJello likes this.
  15. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Here are those we can play on in Paris in my club:
    [​IMG]
    All blue is Aquatic Terrain. Highest building's roof is a forbidden to any equipment or trooper. Vegetation is a jungle terrain.

[​IMG]
    Only one game on it, still trying the ruling. For now, it is played as an all over Zero-G difficult terrain and cliffs are also mountain difficult terrain.

[​IMG]
    Interdiction to place anything on the roof of the commanding desk. Sea is aquatic terrain.

[​IMG]
    Just to show the canyon table. Trees are solid, upper parts of the table are all mountain terrains. Cliffs too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Not really liked by everyone due the fact that vegetation is considered as jungle terrain. Black zones are forbidden for everyone, buildings without roofs have limitless high and see is aquatic terrain. You really want at least MSV1 on this table.

[​IMG]
    Rocks are mountain terrains. The all table can be set in multiple ways.

ijw, Xeurian, Berjiz and 6 others like this.
  16. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Table from last Saturday. Unfortunately we didn't paint Haqq terrain yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Abrilete and Section9 like this.
  17. Section9

I have GOT to make a trip to Europe for games!

DukeofEarl likes this.
  18. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

There is actually infinity players in paris ? Where is the club located ? I'm not too far away and i'm stockpiling minis like crazy hoping to play at some point because there is no players in my area.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

19. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Yes, there is only one in the north.
    Here is the forum address: http://forum.championnet-figurines-jeux.com

But there is a club near Antony if you're located in the South-West.

But you should go to the Bureau Aegis forum too as this is where the french community is.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation