1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation: Which sectorials will stay, which will go?

Discussion in 'News' started by brettdavis1991, Dec 29, 2018.

1. brettdavis1991

brettdavis1991 New Member

As we saw from the "what will 2019 bring" article, some sectorials will go OOP so new ones can be introduced.
    https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/news/item/613-what-will-2019-bring-from-corvus-belli

I'm curious which sectorials the community thinks will stay and which will go.

In the case of ASA and MRRF one older sectorial was removed from the parent faction to make way for a new sectorial in that same faction. This is quasi true with the JSA but instead of the models going OOP they were moved into a new parent faction. Regardless YJ lost a sectorial but gained a new one. This is not the case with the OSS, Aleph simply gained a new sectorial with no models going OOP.

You would think the least popular sectorials would go first (MRRF seemed to be the least popular of Ariadna). ASA though looked to still have a large followed based on the ITS season 9 statistics.
    https://www.infinitythegame.com/blo...tics-analyzing-the-organized-game-of-season-9

CB has also said they want to push the narrative forward so it's safe to say any of the sectorials could go OOP. So yeah, what's your thoughts?

TLDR: Which sectorials do you think will go OOP, and which do you think will stay in production?

2. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

QK is imo 100% gone.

According to my formula CJC should also go, at least partially. I don't see anything else removed (bar Tohaa finally disappearing from the game in the current form).

Balewolf, oldGregg and Smiler like this.
  3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Only possible further candidates are Neoterra and Bakunin. About Caledonians I'm not sure.
    Everything else is to important for the vanilla or NA2 Factions to reduce the ammount of necessary boxes.

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Don’t think there’s much you can put into the speculations, I’m afraid...

[​IMG]

DukeofEarl and Elric of Grans like this.
  5. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

QK seems inevitable, the Odalisque spitfire is a big red flag.

I'm expecting the next book to focus on space as the CA pushes against the blockade. QK will probably get the "heroically stood at the heart of the fighting taking huge losses and now have to withdraw" treatment.

Clears the way for Ramah to appear to reinforce the Haqq forces.

Corregidor makes sense but it also has a lot of units that are core to vanilla play. I wouldn't be surprised if rather than retiring CJC we see a completely revised sectorial. In terms of background it could be explained that Corregidor is thriving thanks to all the merc work and is able to deploy bigger numbers along side new tech provided by the Praxis Labs.

6. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

That was obviously in regard to Tohaa getting anything in 2019 though

oldGregg and Abrilete like this.
  7. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

So if the article was posted on Spanish April Fool's Day, then Tohaa are as good as retired as an army? That's the only explanation I can see for Tohaa being mentioned in the article.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

If QK got a couple of updates along with their cycle out I'd be happy honestly.

I've got all the minis for them, they could do with some resculpts but I think they'd get those when they come back in

Barrogh and Errhile like this.
  9. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Caledonia. I say this as a Caledonia player.

A lot of the profiles are outshone by other stuff in vanilla. The only reason to play the sectorial is to field wallace and a bunch of irregular orders. In that regard it's a pretty unique force, and that explains why there are so many profiles that are decent, but not as good as other things already in Ariadna.

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that a faction will have a sectorial go on sabbatical when it gets a new one, like how ASA went on sabbatical for Varuna and MRRF went on sabbatical for TAK.

For Haqq, since Ramah Task Force is coming, I suspect that it will be QK that goes on sabbatical.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morats went on sabbatical for Shas, Morats appear to be complete.

When MRRF comes back, I expect CHA will go.

NCA will probably go when Svalarheima comes.

I don't think YJ will have a sectorial go when White Banner comes, though.

11. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Isn't (almost) everything in the Morats range quite new though? Do you think CB will want to retire so many new models? I know with ASA the starter and Bagh-Mari box were recent but everything else was very dated.

QK is dated both by the miniatures and by the playstyle. Everything that made them interesting and unique has been given to other sectorials barring a Wildcard unit with Holo 1 so a sabbatical followed by a redesign just makes sense. Can the same be said for Morats?

BLOODGOD likes this.
  12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Just an observation: from a technical point of view, retiring a model or a number of them is pretty likely a very simple operation for the CB factory.
    Stop casting a given model, put the casting moulds for it in the rear shelf of the mould warehouse (and store the master sculpts away). Bringing them back is jut reverse order on that: bring a given mould out of the warehouse, dust it clean, put it into the machinery, start casting fresh batch of whatever model it was.

I'd take a wild guess and say it is more of a problem for production organization - you have X casting stations, each of them can cast Y moulds worth of models per hour, meaning the factory can put out Z box sets and blisters a day (depending on what exactly is being cast). You have to schedule it well to make sure your production meets the orders from the retail chain...

Balewolf likes this.
  13. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

But taking them out of production means they're not available to new players and nice models draw in new players. Granted they can bring stuff back after a year without much difficulty but that still raises the question of why retire newer sectorials when there are still some available with lots of old minis?

In particular anecdotal experience says Morats are very popular. In the last year, out of four new players, one plays Morats exclusively, one plays CA and the one plays Onyx. All three love the Morats. The fourth refuses to buy any pre 3d sculpt and therefore only collects the newer factions.

14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, you may have a point there.
    Then again, CB aren't sharing their tohughts with us, the player/customer base. I hope they did adequate research about that.

oldGregg and Smiler like this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

My guess is on QK - as they get not much new in the last year(s). Djanbazan Box, Janisar Box, Azrails - maybe (some of) this sculpts stay for vanilla use. They can quit the production of Kaplans, Sekban, Hafza, AlHawwa, Odalisque and the Starterpack. The new Oda will be the goodbye gift and the Bashis can be repacked for vanilla and NA2.

Next could be Caledonia, because is a niche army. Yes we got a new starter latley (but Acon was two years old and great sculpt-wise) and two HMGs ... maybe this was to bring some life back into the sector (and will stay maybe). But there is no new sector for Ariadna in sight.

I don´t think a CA Sector will go - because MAF get frequently releases, Onyx is somewhat ready, but very actual and shas will get a rework.

16. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

CB just released quite a few new CHA models. It is hard to imagine they will get rid of them. I don't see it as a niche force. it is quite popular.
    I agree that CJC can't go either because they are so essential for vanilla.

QK is really a candidate for execution, I am afraid.

Let's not forget that we are still allowed to play the sectorials that got axed.

A sectorial getting axed pretty much only means that you can't start it and you can't get the less important ones for your vanilla force.

17. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

I really can't see CJC getting scrapped. By looking at the data, Nomads is the most popular Infinity faction and
    I'd say CJC is quite popular as well, so why retire a popular army, which has a lot of new scuplts.
    Operation Icestorm, Nomads starter pack and beyond Icestorm all contain CJC profiles, so major chages would require to those as well.
    Also plenty of units are shared between three armies, Starco has 6 CJC units.
    I'm still hoping for wildcats and moran resculpts...

PauloCavalcanti likes this.
  18. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

What would a 4th nomad sectorial be?

19. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Black Hand I think.

20. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

In regards to CHA, on the one hand, Ariadna just lost MRRF and gained TAK, so I would find it strange if this year they cycled out CHA already. Seems like a lot of turnover in one faction. On the other hand, CHA doesn't have a lot of models that are used frequently in Vanilla forces (volunteers & caterans). Therefore phasing out CHA wouldn't have quite as big of an effect on the faction as other sectorials.
    Where is the story leading. Is there a sectorial in a position to have e a last stand?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation