1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will 2019 bring?

Discussion in 'News' started by RogueJello, Dec 28, 2018.

1. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

2. mameluke

mameluke Active Member

15mm squad based infinity. A man can dream...

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

xagroth and sevsterino like this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

New square bases and small movement trays so we can wheel squads around corners - Infinity Fantasy Battles!

#4 Wolf, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Xeurian, oldGregg and RogueJello like this.
  5. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Another Miniature-Scale and I am out. Another Game-Scale and I am in ;-) I go more for squad based.

Okay - Pan O, Ariadna, Aleph, Nomads, NA2 -that will left Yu Jing (IA but if we´re lucky the White Banner too), Haq, CA and Tohaa. I think Ramah and Shas (rework) are set and Tohaa of course.

Not so excited here. Except they use the opportunity to bring back some campaign rules.

I guess QK - because the have not recieved many new resculpted minis or reworks. A bit sad in advance here, but maybe I´ll can paint my QK stuff then. The new Oda is maybe a goodby "gift". Not sure for Ariadna, as Cal got a new starter already, but I think its a niche sectorial.

Yeah baby!

Tohaa vs Shas - then we get all factions covered.

RogueJello likes this.
  6. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I'd bet 20 its just going to be a rule set for games beyond 400 points with squads. Think of Infinity 40K. Would let them sell more of the same stuff, with not too much investment. Maybe Vehicles will be introduced like APCs and Landing Crafts.

xagroth, sevsterino and RogueJello like this.
  7. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Scaled up games is kinda boring and expected though. How about a co-operative way to play, like a dungeon crawler using spec ops style rules.

Zsimbi, Ayin, sevsterino and 7 others like this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The Infinity rules don't really lend themselves to squads, though, so there would probably be a whole new set of rules to learn, like the difference between 40k and Epic:Armageddon (or Flames of War)!

15mm Infinity models would be awesome, though you really need to step down a lot in per-model detail for the rules. You pretty much have to assume most everyone has the same weapon, because it's very difficult to tell weapons apart at table distance in 15mm (I have to use colored base edges for Ambush Alley rules, and all I need to ID there is 'leader' and 'light support weapon' like LGL or MG!). 15mm models wouldn't really be a competitor to the 30mm Infinity models for that reason.

Naval would be more interesting to me, though either dungeon-crawl or co-operative version would be cool, too. We know it's not the RPG.

toadchild and xagroth like this.
  9. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

Since CB is putting a lot of effort in streamlining their production, it seems like a counterintuitive idea to introduce another game scale. That would require another work team (sculptor, etc) and other logistic problems, that CB seems to want to avoid.

BLOODGOD, prophet of doom and Wolf like this.
  10. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Introducing another scale would split the community apart. I for myself hope for a 3.5 edition with streamlined rules (not easier!).
    Tohaa and Shas players can be happy. :-)

11. Zano80

Zano80 Member

A proper campaign ruleset. Would love it to be similar to how GW did Necromunda (the old version)

12. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Second that, i loved the evolution process for the gang. Is the new ruleset that different ?

sevsterino likes this.
  13. Zano80

Zano80 Member

No idea, I have not wanted to buy it and get disappointed. Any game I look at these days but I always just compare them to Infinity and nothing comes even close.

ZlaKhon and ev0k like this.
  14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

So.. yeah... about that article...

[​IMG]

BLOODGOD, xagroth, oldGregg and 2 others like this.
  15. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it was a joke, cause the German Infoflux Podcast of two Warcors got the permission to spoil some information of this article in their last advent calendar episode on 24.

16. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Tohaa will get killed off by the waves of new Shasvastii. Pano will get 4 new sectorials. One of the new sectorials will add the Chaksa who survived the Shasvastii/Tohaa war. Everyone else will get normal releases.

oldGregg, D_D and Abrilete like this.
  17. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

A thing that makes me curious about the company is their attitude to their rules. The team are extremely jealous (protective) of their game and rulebook, clearly exasperated by players' misinterpretations, yet also bizarrely disinclined to do anything about it.

In early 2018, they said they'd clarify the interpretations that cause the most conflict, but have yet to make good on that promise. This again seems out of keeping with their personalities and their genuine interest in the competitive spirit.

So we often talk about about a notional 'Infinity 3.5' - a revised N3 ruleset that would clarify misunderstandings, fix problems, reduce complication and tighten up the game generally. But again, CB have shown no interest or indication that such a version is ever planned.

So what if the reason for all that is because Infinity N4 has been in the pipeline for a while now, they've had it slated internally for a Q4 2019 release, and now feel confident enough to commit to it, at least indirectly.

My bet is that we get Infinity N4 before the end of 2019.

#17 Wolf, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    xagroth, Guardian and RogueJello like this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm talking about a game that has 30-50 models per side, like Rogue Trader did back in the day, or like Bolt Action should. You're activating a group of models as the standard, not one model at a time as in Infinity.

Although Infinity's Action/ARO mechanic would be very interesting to apply to a Bolt Action scale game.

===============

15mm (or 10mm like Dropzone Commander**) would be the largest scale I'd want to do vehicles in. 6mm is really too small for the Infantry, that's solidly vehicle-on-vehicle, with some infantry 'crunchies' for flavor.

** DZC's theme really strikes me as very Infinity-like, ferrying troops from one hot spot to another on the same map.

xagroth and Wolf like this.
  19. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Tohaa are all Shasvastii wearing funny hats--Shasvastii join the Tohaa, everyone's a winner!

Except Tohaa and Shasvastii. Sorry guys. :(

20. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of people mention this, but there seems to be little consensus on what N4 should contain. Right now I'm not hearing enough problems to really warrant a new edition.

Here is a short list of things I've heard suggested:
    1) Clean up all the martial arts style skills into one thing
    2) Remove mechnical deployment
    3) Make Assault hacking better
    4) Incorporate changes in ITS (forward deployment L1 for MI, Fatality L1 for TAGs, Landing Assistance for AD)
    5) Simplify/reduce the additional programs in hacking
    6) Add additional offensive hacking ARO programs for use against armies with no hacking targets (Spotlight, Discover, etc)
    7) Release a single rule book with all the rules at once, rather than two books + pdf.

So far this doesn't sound like enough for an edition change, but maybe I'm missing something? OTOH, it's been several years, and there are definitely places that could use some improvement.

toadchild, Bohrdog and Wolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation