1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making the Hulang work

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Nope, far away from 8" it doesn't provide ARO... and due to the Marking state does't cause the enemy to make BTS rolls there are no gut rolls either. As a reminder, If you're hit by FO you become marked, and that's all.

From the wiki:
    Such a convenient move. the ariandnan's way of using the uragan or katiusha.

Such a convenient scenography display to deploy both at peak conditions. It's more probable that you need to deploy closer to your edge with one or both miniatures

#41 Mc_Clane, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There is, as you quoted Forward Observer is "a form of Attack with a BS Weapon" so below bold emphasis would make it trigger a Guts Roll:

Requirements
    Several events can force a troop to make a Guts Roll:

3. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Ok, my fault. I wasn't aware of that precise last requirement... seems specifically aimed to FO and spotlight. I'm not aware of much more situations to apply it. (Synchronize civilians maybe? or even after failed BS attacks? :thinking_face:)

Thanks

Either way, gut's doesn't change the situation for the hulang+zencha sinergies

#43 Mc_Clane, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Eh... Sensor, but IJW tells me it doesn't create a Danger Zone, unlike Spotlight... not sure I agree on that one, but yeah... Oh and of course Sat-Lock

However, in most cases if you can stick an FO in the back of an enemy and then attack it with a Hulang, you can typically use the Hulang to strike the enemy in the back. Not always due to enemy overlapping AROs, of course.

5. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Personally, I was thinking something like a Zhencha being deployed on top of a building and barely getting LoF to the back of an enemy. Then the Hulang throwing E/M eggs at it from the other side of the wall.

Something like that.

6. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Or in vanilla, use a kuang shi and use bio locator while standing next to a juicy target that’ll get hit by the blast

7. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

If I'm leaning towards Satlock in IA I usually take two Chaiyi snifferbots, a Weibing FO, and an EVO hacker. It's very cheap and enables the Son Bae to make use of its Smart Missile Launcher (it's a short skill to fire a smart missile, so you reposition your link in perfect safety while flinging missiles at people).

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HÚLÁNG (Fireteam: Duo) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, E/M Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 44)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Tactical Awareness) Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 45)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It's easy to clear out ARO pieces with a linked Haidao MSR, then move up your Chaiyi to drop midfield sniffers. From there you can reposition them to act as ARO pieces and set up Gadget-Overclock from your EVO to give all your repeater remotes B2 in ARO. IA doesn't have many options for dealing with camo outside of the Lu Duan or Rui Shi (and to be fair that's all you really need), but this inexpensive remotes package unlocks a lot of tricks and support that you're taking in IA anyway.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation