1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datatracker and G:<insert various rules here>

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Neath Leanan, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Neath Leanan

Neath Leanan Active Member

Hi everyone, I have a question. The Datatracker in the ITS has to be "a trooper" and various Ghost rules including Marionette and Synchronised, consider the controller and minions to "count as only one trooper".

Does this mean a puppetmaster and marionettes (in this example) can act as a datatracker? Therefore the marionettes count as the Datatracker for killing things?

And in missions where the Datatracker gains an extra irregular order, can that be used to activate controller and marionettes?

And ditto for G:Synced/Servant scenarios?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

No. For the same reason that only one Proxy of a posthuman is the DT. @Hellois answered it. Basically multiple Trooper troopers count as one Trooper for some purposes and not for others.

So an Auxilla could be your DT but their Auxbot wouldn't.

xagroth likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Welcome to the forum!

To expand on what inane.imp said, the controller and other models count as one trooper for Combat Groups. They don't count as one trooper for other purposes.

4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Suppose the controller became irregular (or was already irregular) which means the order is only available to him and him only, and cannot be shared in a fireteam for example, in those case activating the controller with the irregular order will also activate the g:synch too... so spending the datatracker order, which is like an irregular order, on the controller and the controller only, will activate the g:synch/g:servant.

I'm not sure about the case for g:marionette though as they act like a link and you cannot use irregular/datatracker order on a link.

As inane.imp said, auxilia could be DT, the auxbot will not be DT.
    I'll add that using the DT Order should activate both of them. Just be careful that you do the killing using the auxilia.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While the above answers adequately answers the specific question, let me add that you are not allowed to nominate a REM or Irregular Datatracker, so you wouldn't have been able to nominate a Datatracker where part of the trooper was a REM, which some (but not all) Ghosts are.

6. inane.imp

Which would stop you nominating a Peacemaker as a DT but not the Auxilla.

Robock and Mahtamori like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Exactly.

(However, as the question was asked in the OP, in the hypothetical case that the Helperbots counted as the same trooper, that would've prevented the Machinist from becoming the DT. But as has been established, this is not the case)

inane.imp likes this.
  8. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure what you meant by part of the trooper being a REM, as if a trooper could be considered half-REM half-LI like in the case of Auxilia + Auxbot. But i'm glad that is more clear with your agreement with inane that you can nominate the Auxilia (which they all have ghost REM auxbot) but not the peacemaker (which a REM controller with an attached REM ghost).

Because even a remote presence TAG which is part TAG and part REM (as it is one trooper with two profiles) can be a Datatracker (resulting in a FAQ about what to do with the pilot profile)

9. Mahtamori

It's a bit of a hypothetical since there are no units that are part REM as far as I'm aware. Even G:RemPres TAGs are not since the Remote Pilot doesn't exist at the time when you nominate Datatracker (the trooper is strictly a TAG at that moment). We know from the answers on Irregular that the Datatracker only need to fulfil these requirements on nomination and it's fine if your DT turns Irregular (or REM) after the fact.

Robock likes this.
  10. inane.imp

Zondnautica. Which are Regular LI and valid DTs.

To me it's clear that the Zondnaught is the DT not the Zondmate.

toadchild and Robock like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation