1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military Orders Color Schemes

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Golem2God, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Greetings PanOceanians,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to paint my Military Orders force. Should I go single scheme or multi aka one set of colors for each Order/Sergeants/Father Knights/etc...
    Post your pics or state your ideas not only for myself but for those who are also looking for what to paint their MO force. Since the sectorial has been redone this thread could be a good help to new players or veterans getting into the Knights.

Thank you for taking time to participate and share.

Sepheriel and Lesh' like this.
  2. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

I got inspired by the look of Azrael in Batman: Arkham Knight. It's most visible on the Black Friar due to the hood + mask combo. And because I liked the look of Sepulchre most, all of them get white robes or white robes with cross of Jerusalem.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

There were some images showing official colours for various orders' Sergeants and Magisters.

mrstream and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

@SmaggTheSmug That is one great looking color scheme. Seems like a possibility of me doing something similar as I love red. However, I wonder what other color schemes will show up in this thread.

Also to the rest of the posters feel free to use non-Military Order models if you have a scheme to showcase. It doesn't matter what faction/model it is as I'm more concerned with the colors used instead of the correct models.

4. Sepheriel

Sepheriel PanO Enthusiast

I'm going with a single scheme, with the occasional variation to make characters stand out more. The main theme is metallic blue/black armor with white robes/fabric and some orange/red to provide a bit of contrast.

And flaming swords, because you're not a true space knight if you don't have a flaming sword.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 Sepheriel, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Judge Dredd, Golem2God, Gera and 2 others like this.
  5. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Well, I don't have a same scheme for all my MO troopers. I prefer to have one for each order.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Montesa will be in jungle camo (he has to make a swin in the dissolvant anyway), Santiagos and Holy Sepulchre will be in official color scheme but the base will change (metalic roof for Santiagos and church roof for Holy Sepulchre).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, for those who recognised the inspiration, I love Tyraël and the angels in Darksiders I. His brother will be in black and full of flames (quite a fallen Seraph).

6. SmaggTheSmug

I like that piece of cloth on the spitfire.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Seraphin

Seraphin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So once I've seen this thing on FB I wondered - is some individual knight heraldry supported by the fluff? Of course each unit has its own symbol and colours, but I wonder about specific individuals, as medieval knights from noble houses etc. had their own individual heraldry.

They are part of specific order so I guess they should stick to the common pattern, but again this is fictional and very flashy universe, so who knows.

Manfred_VR, Abydog, Golem2God and 9 others like this.
  8. Ayadan

It is an idea of mine to make the two parts of the broken spitfire hold together. The Seraph is a gift from a friend of mine to one of his friend but the box was delivered crushed and the Spitfire and the left wing broken in half. My friend offered me to buy it for the quater of the original price while he was asking to the deliver company compensation and I saw that with a bit of brainstorming and a lot of work, I could fix this. And as Seraph is the machine of a knight, I remembered those little pieces of cloth that were on the lances in the Middle Age and said : "Why those things wouldn't be there for a knight full of pride to belong to the Holy Sepulchre Order?" And there it is.

Lightforge, Golem2God and Sepheriel like this.
  9. SmaggTheSmug

That story makes it even cooler!

Golem2God likes this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

@Ayadan great Seraph! Im really amazed!

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Ayadan

Thank you! I have to admit I'm pretty proud of what I did. I have a hard time to produce something like this as standard paint job mostly because it is less shiny and more about camouflage and dirty armours so people really don't give me the same feedback. And it is hard to find one entire month of free time to paint the same model.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Lightforge

Lightforge Well-Known Member

Went with white armor to tie it in with the rest of my PanOceania, but opted for the classical red hospitaller tabard with white cross as it conveyed the imagery I was looking for.

Attached Files:

13. Sepheriel

Sepheriel PanO Enthusiast

Man, they're so beautiful it's not even fair. That white armor is stunning.

Lightforge and Golem2God like this.
  14. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

RogueJello and Golem2God like this.
  15. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

@Lightforge those are absolutely stunning, I have seen pictures of the Knights before, but not the seraph, those are amazing!

How did you do the swords if I might ask? Swords are the one thing that I am really struggling with currently, and yours look superb.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

16. Golem2God

This reminds me of the Lamenters Space Marine chapter. The yellow armor and checkered tabard match them perfectly! Then it also reminds me of the Emperor's Canaries, the Imperial Fists. Now I'm leaning towards doing a Space Marine chapter/chapters themed color schemes.

17. Golem2God

Your minis are lovely and the White/Red combo is grand. How did you get that shade on both colors?

Doa and Lightforge like this.
  18. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm insisting on a bit of a breakdown on how you did those whites and reds. They look absolutely stunning.

Lightforge, Lesh' and Golem2God like this.
  19. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

First was thinking of going blue/red with them, but after seeing that marvelous white/red scheme gonna do it as well. Though it will look like shit in the end, cause I don't know how to paint properly :D

20. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

[​IMG]

I chose a unifying scheme of “knights in shining armor” for my MO. Helmets are done in white with orange visor glow to tie into my secular PanO and the tabards and shoulder pads for each knight are done in their order’s primary colors and symbol. Santiagos are black with red crosses and the order symbol (as seen on my new Tinbot!) Hospitallers are red with white crosses, Sepulchre Knight is purple with white crosses, etc.

Magisters and Order Sergeants are nominally supposed to belong to a knightly order but I couldn’t pick a favorite, so I did them with their own colors that don’t match any canonical Orders.

I also did a lovely Joan of Arc bust that plays with white ceramic armor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation