1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible starter pack

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Interesting to note the previous information that it contained 4 Zuyong is incorrect.

Mildly annoying the Haidao is a goddamn combi rifle when the profile everyone wants is the Shotgun but nitpicking there.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It shall be interesting to see how the texture handles paint with the Haidao in particular.

3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

The Haidao paintjob is reaaaally weird, there's way too much green on that helmet!

4. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

I'm blown away by how good that box looks. The colours are so nice that it's making me wanna do studio oranges on my IA guys.

Alphz likes this.
  5. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Love the female zuyongs! Not over the top like some female HI.

Looking forward to what they follow up with in other releases.

Must be mowang and Zhencha.

Can only assume some Shang ji.

I'm then hoping for another daoying, and then maybe the Liu xing

Golem2God and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm not! I'm hoping for blisters of Hacker Daying and Haido Engineer. I'm not going to be able to afford this set for along time.

fenren likes this.
  7. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

What are y'all using for Tinbots?

8. HouseOfKings

HouseOfKings Active Member

The little pig that comes with the Dragon Lady.

Barrogh, Thandar, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  9. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Dirty dog. I was gonna repurpose some Crazy Koalas. Make them into like Cooky Pandas.

Golem2God, Usashi and HouseOfKings like this.
  10. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the liuxing pose tbh, hopefully the multi rifle one will be better.

11. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

The only thing I dislike about a lot of these "arm-out tapping buttons in the hackerverse" poses is that I can't bend the arm and fingers slightly so that the hackers are giving finger guns to enemy models.

Barrogh, Golem2God and Mikes like this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I hate that YJ is no longer using the bullpup shottie that Sun1 is carrying! FFS, the pump-action is from 1897! Guess I'm going to be cutting up my old Domaru or maybe the old Tiger Soldier BS. I'd rather use the Domaru (which are way too small and have been replaced), but I suppose I could dig through the various online retailers and see if anyone has an old Tiger shottie. Old Tiger would make a decent proxy Daoying, too.

Rant over, it looks like it might be possible to swap the Haidao and Zuyong shottie arms without too much work. That would be a nice option. And If I buy two IA starters (likely), I probably would do that swap on the second one.

Really wish they would have done the LX in the superhero landing pose like they did Duroc. Ideally, with a sculpted crater under him!

The LX looks like you could do a little cut and rotate and GS to do that.
    1. Cut the hand off at the wrist, file the arm-side flat.
    2. Neatly drill a hole into the wrist (ouch) to give the hand something to stick to.
    3. Now, the hard part. Drill a hole into the hand so that the hand is pointing straight out in a shooting pose. This will be a pain, you may need to file the wrist flat in order to drill cleanly. Use a brand-new (or just-sharpened) bit for this!
    4. Stick the hand onto the pin on the end of the arm, it will be aiming a little gangster style because that's how the forearm is sitting. You'd need to cut and rotate the forearm at the elbow to fix that, which is more work.
    5. Now, all that's left is a little GS to hide those cuts in the wrist!
    Then you're ready for paint.

13. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Zuyongs look fantastic, as does the Daoying.

Want to see how thin those details on the Haidao are. If they are very thin, might be hard to make them stand out without a airbrush ( my case)

I tend to dislike those aerial poses like the one from the Liu Xing. My Garuda taught me that these poses tend to be fairly top heavy...

14. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

That pose is being saved for the multi rifle, isn't that right @Bostria . Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge. That would be epic. The moment of landing right before the jump pack explodes off.

Section9 and Deltervees like this.
  15. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

The texturing on the Haidao, Liu Xing, and Daoying looks... I dunno. I'm not a fan either way, and I'm not sure what it's going for.

The Zuyong look pretty okay (I mean, I still don't like sexual dimorphism in my powered armour, but I know to expect it from CB so that's neither here nor there) even though I would have preferred a different arrangement of profiles.

Not a fan of the helmet up designs or a fan of balancing on tactical debris, so the Liu Xing is a hard miss for me (besides being for a profile I don't much care about).

The Daoying and Haidao (textured bits aside) are pretty good though. Love the subdued posing on the Haidao and if it weren't for the corrugated bits it would easily be riding high in my rankings.

Not really thrilled by it, and given how few of those profiles I'll be using as is, I may just proxy for now and hold off on buying. Maybe I'll see if I can just grab the Zuyong combi off a splitting service (and maybe the Daoying) and just wait on more releases before going in.

fenren and Golem2God like this.
  16. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

Everyone? I'm sure plenty of people are wanting to run Haidao Engineers/CoC.

Solar, fenren, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  17. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Most wanted the KHD and I can understand why, but I'll take an Engineer with a solid kit like theirs.

18. Triumph

The Engineer profile is actually pretty bad. It's still WIP 13 so it's just needlessly expensive over the Gongcheng as a stand alone Engineer. And you do not want to put him in a fireteam because the last thing you want is the guy who's supposed to be fixing the fallout from getting ass blasted by E/M grenades to be the first one Immobilised with BTS 0.

Chain of Command? Sure, if you're someone who regularly runs the 29pt Pheasant this would look like an upgrade... but that's relatively unpopular. Also a point to note that Daoying and NCO has started to devalue CoC's stock. Remotely spending the LT orders with NCO is basically just like having CoC active at all times anyway in terms of having the ability to spend LT orders aggressively and risk free.

Zewrath and Golem2God like this.
  19. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I'd duo him for sure. Would not want him in a Core. I'll be playing my main Fire Team as a castle. Haidao Sniper, Son Bae with ML, FO Zhanshi, solid ARO coverage.

Mowang NCO dragging a Haidao Engineer and slingshotting him to an object should be decent enough.

[​IMG]

IA ForFun
    ________
    ________
    [​IMG]10
    HAC TAO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 67)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Spitfire, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Doesn't make the most of all the TacAware models we have, nor a Core or Haris, but it will play different which is what I am after. Not trying to crush Interplanetario or anything.

#19 -Ghost-, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Jonno likes this.
  20. Triumph

Personally I would just pay 6pts more and get a Zencha to start on the objective or pay less points and bring a KHD Haidao along. That list doesn't entirely suck but there's shit I'd do to streamline it, like dropping the Hac Tao he's just going to fight the Mowang for orders.

Like if you do this you have the same list in spirit, with bigger guns attached, more overall orders and a wider amount of support available

As a standalone profile the TacAw Zuyong HMG is honestly busted. It has a ridiculous mix of discounts and perks.

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#20 Triumph, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation