1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, about that Shas update...

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Hecaton, Dec 5, 2018.

1. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I don't care about the metal. What upsets me is the stripping of a cheap toolbox that was loaded with skills and equipment not found anywhere else in MAF. Cheap KHD, pitcher, deployable repeaters, minelayer, and an ADHL were all removed without comment or explanation. SEF lost their only KHD, pitcher, and deployable repeaters.

theradrussian, Lesh' and Plex like this.
  2. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

What you seems to have trouble with is writing a post without at least a few insults in it. But I guess that's the way angry kids whose toy has been taken away talk...

And as you also have trouble reading, for the tenth time, your mini is still fully playable as stated by Corvus Belli, you just don't want to and that is YOUR problem. Finally, again and for the last time, you got what you paid for, stop whining in every single thread of this forum and get over that Bit & Kiss thing. You'll be fine.

P.S : I don't even understand why you're bringing that Ikadron thing, because absolutely no one said that units only showing CA symbol couldn't be used in sectorials. Probably just anger clouding your judgement ;)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

When something starts to be an almost auto-include (and it was the case), there is a problem. Bit & Kiss were removed, a Rodok KHD was added, problem solved. MAF now have access to that famous KHD (even if the Rodok is less "all-purpose"), and there is no autoinclude issue anymore.
    About SEF, is anyone really feeling that Bit & Kiss fit in that sectorial? Come on... They had absolutely nothing to do in it. And again, that thing with autoinclude, blahblahblah... Plus, SEF are being reworked soon anyway so...

4. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

You forgot more expensive and lets not forget to mention making the crutch unit de jure more of a crutch for MAF.

Hecaton likes this.
  5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Bit&Kiss are quite obviously undercosted for what they do, as are very often those "autoincluded" profiles (and yes mister Ikadron, I'm looking at you! :) )... The price of the Morat KHD on the other hand seems pretty fair
    He also is a nice (different) toolbox, packing mines, mimetism & superjump on a solid MI profile (hello Forward Deployment). And it has no SWC cost associated.

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Ok. So if whatever damn faction you play's minis have their rules deleted and you're told to proxy them as something else, you'll be fine? If CB says you, yes you, need to buy a whole bunch more minis to participate in the game when you were satisfied with your army, you'll be fine? I think not. You're just looking for the excuse to be an ass and to be an ass in a way that polishes CB's boots, so the mods encourage you rather than reprimand you. I guess being an ingrate has worked for you so far.

Earlier you said that was the reason why Bit wasn't taken away from people; by the same logic Ikadrons shouldn't be in MAF either.

7. Hecaton

You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't even have an ITS record. Please stop talking about a game you don't understand.

theradrussian likes this.
  8. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Again, insults but not much more. Go on, whatever makes you feel better ;)
    And yes, if CB is taking one profile away (because that's ONE profile here, not "a whole bunch", stop exagerating) from a faction I play, I'd be fine. I play MAF btw, I own a Bit&Kiss, do you see me whining all over the place? No.

I didn't say that (reading troubles again...) but hey, whatever, right? Anyway, I wouldn't mind AT ALL Ikadron being taken out of MAF.

Oh, I didn't know that you need to play tournaments and have an "ITS record" to understand Infinity. I guess you also have to be a professional musician to understand music or a painter to give an opinion about a Picasso. Get off your high horses, you're not better than anyone here and you're just embarrassing yourself with that kind of childish nonsense... But hey, as you seem to think you're a great Infinity player, losing Bit & Kiss shouldn't be a problem, right? Your unmatched skills can certainly overcome the loss of ONE of the 26 profiles available in MAF.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  9. Hecaton

@Child9 You lack the required savvy to identify what an "autoinclude" piece is and whether or not it's problematic. And yes, you do require a bit of experience in tournaments to understand Infinity at the competitive level. It's not a matter of me being particularly good/knowledgeable, but rather you being particularly the opposite.

theradrussian likes this.
  10. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Aaaaaand, that's just YOUR opinion. Sorry.
    You know nothing about me, about where how play or for how long and in what kind of environment. Keep guessing with no information at all.
    Anyway, I'll stick to my first plan and just mute you as you're simply polluting half the topics in the forum with your angry whining. No doubt the reading will be much more peaceful and enjoyable without your "contributions".

Farewell and beware of ulcers! ;)

Bohrdog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Also, lest we forget, a perpetually aggrieved forum dweller will know more about game design than the designers themselves. Have to include that one.

Bohrdog, FatherKnowsBest and Child9 like this.
  12. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Oh wow the ignore function on these forums is really complete. That's super nice for signal to noise ratio.

13. Hecaton

@Child9 if you had experience you'd display it. You're just a troll, looking to get people riled up and then hide behind the mods' skirts when things get too hot for you.

@A Mão Esquerda ah, now you're putting words on my mouth I see.

#113 Hecaton, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  14. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

It does make those threads where its the classic one poster vs the world a little confusing though.

15. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

It's always better confusing rather than painful and annoying ;)

16. A Mão Esquerda

But sometimes you have to leave things alone, because... WOW.

17. BingBong

BingBong VanCity Daddio
    Warcor

18. A Mão Esquerda

Meh. Making a reasonable inference from your (long) history, just like one can make a reasonable inference from my history that I agree with (and defend) CB far more than I agree with random forum dwellers who act as if they know better than the company.

19. SpectralOwl

Go ahead and say that removing Kuang Shi or Ghazi or Hexa KHDs will fix problems with internal balance in their respective forums, I dare you. While I actually happen to agree that certain units are problematic, binning units is not something that can happen regularly, lest consumers lose interest in buying new minis. After all, if you can proxy anything, and will likely have to do that, why waste money? Furthermore, the highly optimised units in each faction are part of what make them unique at the high end of play.

I do think that Bit and Kiss would be less of a problem if both Hacking and order counts weren't quite as borked as they are. But that is true of Infinity in general.

I'd be very interested in expanded infowar for Shas in their update; a KHD and G:Synch Repeater is perfect for them with their aversion to danger and fondness for dirty tricks. If there is one in the pipeline, it may explain the removal from Shas to prevent redundancy and bad theme.

Razi and Hecaton like this.
  20. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

Slow down now. You'll get a shell stuck in your tooth.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation