1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, about that Shas update...

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Hecaton, Dec 5, 2018.

1. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Maybe another Shasvastii ark ship (slower-than-light-colony-ship) might show up (one that has not been defeated by the IE),
    or the Multipliers seperate themselves from the Conservatives and the IE.

After all, the thing the shasvastii thrive for the most is survival.
    So if an expeditionary force tries to survive with humanity, and one with the IE,
    they make sure that they will survive somehow.

And besides, the IE is unpleased by the Shasvastiis' progress towards transcendence,
    only their value in warfare made it keep them in its army so far...

So maybe NA2 is not that unlikely?

(With some profiles remaining for vanilla CA,
    but the majority becomes a NA2-faction,
    and maybe a Sygmaa-secorial appears for CA,
    with some profiles suitable for Tohaa as well?)

Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  2. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

As I understand their biology, the shasvastii of another ark ship might seem like a completey different species,
    as they evolve that fast. And this evolution does not stop - if they meet the other branch, the EI's shasvastii,
    both will evolve further ('the best of both worlds'), which might lead to a completely new, unaligned, alien faction!
    (And would explain any redesign...)

#82 daszul, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@daszul Your ideas are basically what I've been thinking and saying concerning the Shasvastii for nearly 2 years. I hope CB takes this angle and gives us a non-Combined group of Shasvastii.

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I mean, responding to your initial purchases being disrupted by spending more money is probably exactly what CB wants.

Not everyone acts like that though. Some people catch on.

5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

CB is a company. Their first goal is to make money. Big surprise. Deal with it.

Golem2God and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Someone see these events as a disruption of their purchases.
    Someone see these events as a chance to start a faction they were already attracted to.
    Someone see these events as a way to collect some OOP models that will be inevitably sold.

If you see your glass half empty, FILL IT WITH MORE WINE

7. Razi

Razi Well-Known Member

Removing miniatures from a faction isn't really an event. The term 'event' sounds like some fun experience. But there was no story line explaining their removal like Ko-Dali. Also, you had the same chance to collect a new faction before their removal so that's not something positive to come from this.

The saying, glass half empty or full, only focuses on whether or not to be optimistic or pessimistic with our present situation. It doesn't take into account the events leading up to the present situation. Imagine buying a full glass of wine (i.e, bought a mini). You're at the bar sipping it (i.e, used the mini a bit). The bartender then pours your remaining wine on the floor because they want the glass back. (i.e, CB removes the mini from the faction). To me, hearing the glass half full speech is like being told to ignore what the bartender just did, and to look at the wine on the floor as an opportunity. Like licking it up off the floor. No thanks.

My complaints about how CB handled this are separate from what I choose to do with this mini now. One is only a consequence of the other. CB is not absolved if i find a use for the mini. Nor am I at fault if I throw it in the trash. Something has simply been done with a purchase that has had it's purpose or capabilities changed by the seller. (Edit: this paragraph was more directed at @A Mão Esquerda)
    You say that like it excuses their actions. I don't think it does.

#87 Razi, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  8. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Ok. Noted. Can we please move on or we have to continue whining about it for months?

Attitude, guys. It's all there.

Bohrdog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

To me, they did NOTHING wrong. Period. Infinity universe is evolving and doing so, ONE mini (over the dozens, maybe even more than a hundred that a faction contain) has been removed from it. So what? Again, as you've been told many times, there is strictly nothing stopping you from playing it. You just don't do it because you don't want to. CB has nothing to do with that, it's only up to you. CB sold you a mini to build, paint and play with, you still have a mini you can built, paint and play with. It has NEVER been said that CB couldn't change the rules or something similar. You bought a mini, you have a mini, end of story.

And in a very last resort, if you can't live with the idea of playing that mini in another way or exposing it for its paintjob, just sell it. Doing that, you'll lose what? 5 euros? Cool story bro, but I really don't think it is worth whining all over the place, repeating again and again all over the forum how angry you are and how bad CB is. Just deal with it. If you can't accept that, your wallet is your weapon, stop buying from CB but please, get over it.

JacobJ and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Hecaton

My goal is not to make them more money, however.

breaker_breaker and Razi like this.
  11. Hecaton

At what point have they done something wrong, though? What if they delete Imperial Service (and many associated profiles) from Army, with the stated goal of making sure that every Yu Jing player buys into IA?

breaker_breaker likes this.
  12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Look, I get it. I really do. You lost an option from some of the armies you play, and you feel like you were wronged by this decision.

People are offering alternatives, such as using the mini as a proxy, playing a different (sub)faction that still has it, or selling it on to recoup some of your losses. Nobody is suggesting that CB should give back access to the model, because that's not something any of us have the power to do. They're trying to suggest instead things that you can do to make the best of the situation.

Another option is, of course, to stop supporting CB, get rid of all your minis, and move on with your life. I'm not telling you to do that, but it is an option that is always on the table.

Harping on it on the forums repeatedly and not getting over it is also an option, but it's one that punishes those around you without solving anything - you're not doing anything to improve your own situation (proxy, sell, etc), and you're not sending any sort of (financial) signal to CB. [Aside - I know one person stopping buying things is not a signal, but if others feel the same way, it adds up to one]. But the point is, we didn't hurt you, and we can't do anything to fix your problem other than offer suggested courses of action.

I think it's kind of dumb that they dropped Bit/Kiss from MAF and SEF. I liked the tie in of the Morat "rescue" team that abducted them in the first place. (I'm not even going to comment on SEF because they have a major overhaul due out imminently.) I don't think that she was messing up the balance of MAF, and the removal doesn't make sense to me. But I like the game and the relevant armies well enough that adding or removing a single profile doesn't completely change the way I play and enjoy the game, so I can accept and deal with it. This is a much smaller disruption than, say, removing the Vector Operator, which was a playstyle-defining model.

Anyway, for both our benefit and your own, please do what you need to to accept this change and move on with your life.

Edit: to answer the question you pose in that bit I quoted, removing an entire faction from the game would be much worse than removing a single model from a couple of sectorials. I imagine that a lot of people would quit the game over such an action, and that CB would take a significant hit from it.

chaos11, Child9 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Razi

Razi Well-Known Member

If only the posts were simply offering suggestions, but they're not. And to be fair, I didn't ask for suggestions about what to do with my mini. But I certainly don't hold it against anyone who does as I understand it's in some peoples nature.

Others are defending CBs actions as perfectly fine and telling us to get over it. Like CBs actions are fine because they're normal practices and if we don't agree the fault lies partly with us.

You're pointing out how you like Infinity and the removal of a single profile doesn't completely change the way you play so you accept and deal with it. I will too. Because it's not about the removal of the profile from MAF or SEF that bothers me, not one bit. It's that they sold me with such a temporary lifespan without warning.

So while you're asking me to accept it and move on... I think it's just as reasonable you accept our displeasure with how CB handled this and stop trying to make us feel like something is wrong with us instead.

Exactly.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  14. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

They didn't. Their minis are made of metal, don't worry about their lifespan.

#94 Child9, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Hecaton

We didn't by them just for the miniature, we bought them for the associated rules content i.e. we actually play the game.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  16. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Well I have to strongly disagree because the only thing CB is selling you is a mini... They don't owe you anything about the rules or anything else.
    Let's get a look at the store : https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/combined-army/280689-0701-bit-and-kiss-hacker
    What are you buying? From what I can read, you're buying :

"BIT AND KISS! (HACKER)"
    PRODUCT DETAILS:
    Blister with:
    1x Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) (Deployable Repeater + KISS!)

And if we check the picture, we can see that this mini can be used in "Combined Army".

That's it. Do you see anything about Morat or Shasvaasti sectorials? I don't.
    You bought a blister containing Bit&Kiss minis that can be played with Combined Army. And that's what you got. So why the long face?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That's why I was trying to say that I understand why you feel like CB did something wrong. I'm not telling you that you aren't entitled to feel that way. I'm not even saying you don't have a right to express that publicly. I agree that this appears to be a dumb/arbitrary decision, based on the information we have!

Noting that you (@Razi) have said in this thread has seemed particularly angry or over the top to me. A lot of that was directed at @Hecaton, who has a long history of being very publicly angry about things CB says or does and refusing to deal gracefully with the fact that not everyone is equally angry.

chaos11, Razi and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

To get a little pedantic here I see event used pretty equally between positive and negative. I assume you're thinking of it in context of "Festivals and events", "event planning", etc. Which is probably the most common use. However event is also used for terms like "Cardiovascular event", "traumatic event", "extinction event", etc. Pretty versatile word over all. Has a nice totality to it.

Toalpaz and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. Hecaton

@Child9 the associated game rules are part of the value of the mini. Do you want me to post a video of Bostria explaining this if you're still having trouble?

Many people would not buy these minis at all if there weren't rules to go along with them. Ignoring this fact unintentionally is stupidity; ignoring it on purpose is trolling of the bootlicking variety. I wonder which you are?

For the record, there are plenty of other minis (Ikadrons etc) that only show the CA symbol but are usable in sectorials.

20. Hecaton

@toadchild My position has more to do with people saying that I and others have no right to be displeased with any of CB's decisions. We've already had people saying that Morat players deserved to be punished for their poor attitudes and not playing Infinity the "right" way.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation