1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any experience with samekh fto (and other stuff)

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by MoScotch, Dec 8, 2018.

1. MoScotch

MoScotch Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I just started diving into O.S, O.S.S, vedic or whatever it is called now. Since I started playing infinity i waited for this sectorial and seeing it finally arrive is so awesome.

I already have the colfdront and beyond box, the asura, the danavas, the rebots box and andromeda (just for the model). next up will be the dakini swc box when it comes out and the posthuman male box.

I am assembling the rebots right now and I am thinking about what loadouts to give them. The Zayin is pretty much mandatory as I use him in almost every game. In vanilla I loved the concept of the Samekh but I always felt it was too much of an order sink to be really effective and much to situational.

With the changes to the Samekh, does anybody here already has experience using him in a fireteam?
    Any input would be highly appreciated!

Thanks so much guys!
    cheers

2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Well, the FTO is okay. Putting it with the Dakinis can actually weaken the team as the Mimetism really helps usually in long range fight. However, it is a BS12 base Missile Launcher, and that is still pretty great in 5-man linkteam.

But paying the OperationS tax is really annoying with it.

Wyrmnax and MoScotch like this.
  3. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I haven't used the FTO yet but its on the list of things to try. The place I see him being most useful is as a defensive piece on the first turn with a Dakini link. You set him out exposed let a few missiles blast out. And when he dies swap in a spare dakini/CSU to the link.

May not be worth it though. Obviously theres value in a Vadu link or an asura haris as well.

DukeofEarl, DarkBlack and MoScotch like this.
  4. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I think the FTO is better used in other fireteams than the dakini. Dakini sniper brings something similar to the FTO, but with mimetism. Other fireteams have poor to none long range ARO choice, so they can use the missile launcher.

MoScotch likes this.
  5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

What other Core fireteams? :yum:

MoScotch likes this.
  6. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

The one which are never played ^^
    I'll try a yadu one someday, but i intend it to be a pure, unhackable yadu fireteam, so no Shakti, no Rudras, and ofc, no FTO. Pure bruteforce :)
    FTO would probably goes well with deva core. Why someone would play a pure deva core instead of a mixed, cheaper and yet stronger (mimetism + HMG + linked MSR + supportware) deva/dakini core, that i don't know. Maybe i'll try it too someday. It may be nice in a close range battle for it's unhackable and potent short to midrange weapons (spitfire/multi rifle/flashpulse), but then again you don't take FTO :p

MoScotch likes this.
  7. MoScotch

MoScotch Well-Known Member

thanks for all your answers which pretty much concurr with what I expected... I will probably try the samekh one day, but as of now I dont see any real purpose. The Deva core just seem overpowered by yadus and yadu seems just very very expensive, perhaps to try it some day but not on a regular basis. Plus I then would feel tempted to try the rudras first.

so as we are disussing roles already here are some more: what are your thoughts/experience with:
    1. the rudra?
    2. Fireteam Duos, especially CSU and Deva to have pieces to refill your Dakini Core and still be a viable fall back option
    3. Deva and CSU seem to make the Dakini Fireteam less mobile due to MOV, on the other hand a dakini-link especially when using the HMG is rather defensive and wants to stay at range. How do you compose and use your dakini fireteams usually?
    4. any experience with a mobile, offensive dakini link? using that speed, or would you prefer solo dakinis for using that speed?
    5. I have seen lists fielding two HMG Dakinigs, is that for redundancy, so when the 1 get killed your main attack peace remains?
    6. What hackers do you use to buff your dakinis? I still feel the 31pt for the Deva is a bit much. So when using a defensive Link it shouldnt be hard to use the MK1 or an Danavas to buff them without wasting a lot of orders to stay in range.
    7. Apsaras: all lists I see seem to ignore her and i cant figure out why. Especially when using the fireteam the +2 BS seems huge?
    I will probably have more, but perhaps its enough for now.

Thank you all so much!

8. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Dakini Sniper is a much better ARO piece than the FTO. the cost is almost the same, and mimetism >>>>> +1 BS. You shouldn'`t expect to kill stuff with your ARO, if it does its just a bonus. The extra potential damage of the missile launcher is not worth being much more fragile than a standard Dakini if his job its to waste enemy orders, with very few exceptions where the template hits more than 1 unit.

Smiler and MoScotch like this.
  9. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

1. 2. Try the MSV2-Deva + spec op CSU duo team. Or MSV2+FO duo deva.

3. the speed is nice even on a defensive dakini link, as said link will often have to move on third turn, and may very well win the game (always put at least one paramedic dakini in your fireteam !). And i think we have such a great choice for offensive links with our various haris teams.

4. HMG dakini is decent enough as an ARO and cost a bit less than the MSR, so it's not only for redundancy.

5. Danava or asura. With the added possibility of white noise + buffed dakini vs any pesty MSV-x. EVO is nice too if you have several rudras, lamedhs ...

6. I like them. I find they better for supporting defensive dakini link - it's free (no order required), gives +2 BS to every troop (yes, only one at a time, but you choose who need the buff the most in ARO case) and Number 2 is very, very sweet on a defensive link. And thanks to them, my hacker can buff my offensive pieces (often a rudras)

So true. Plus the MSR has a far better +3 range (the 40-60 cm band is really nice vs infiltrators). The only case i would consider the missile launcher is vs TAGs, but even then, the low burst and no vis mod makes it a risky choice. That's said, when FTO hits, it is lethal.

MoScotch likes this.
  10. DarkBlack

DarkBlack Well-Known Member

A missle launcher in a full core with supportware is awesome. Those templates are great, especially against other fireteams. It depends on your opponent bunching up to much though. Also not that much scarier than a dakini with HMG or MSR, explosive is effective though . .

The flexiblity from wildcard is nice, but deva are also quite flexible and not only in which fireteams they can join.

TL:DR : not bad, but other things can fill the same role. Fun though.

11. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah the Sniper is definitely solid but I do think the Missile has some potential value. The fact it adds a big Impact Template to your army is nice. And its higher potential damage can be a useful way to deter heavier TAGs/HI. If Visors are prevalent in your meta (i'm looking at you Intruder). The Mimetism is less good. But you're probably right most of the time the Sniper will be better value.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation