1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing Issues with Koorie Queen's Bounce for no additional points within Attack Boomerang.

Discussion in 'Legendary Bahadurs' started by Roadrunner7431, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Koorie Queen's Attack Boomerang has an Attack specific switch of :1::3: that says "after the Resolution Step of this attack, perform Bounce once, with no additional Action Points cost, against a Target within :SL:1-3 of this attacks Target." Now one of her special Tactics, "Special Spin" has timing that permits it to be played "At the end of the Resolution step of her Boomerang Attack"

In my community a player tried to play Special Spin after his bonus Bounce attack failed to cause the one HP damage that would have been necessary to send that Target that was within :SL:1-3 to the infirmary. It was ruled that "Special Spin" could not be played because by playing the action Bounce (even though he had spent no additional points) that meant that the window for "Special Spin" had already closed.

The community consensus was that the sequence of 1. declaring that the symbols :1::3: were going to be used for the Bonus Bounce but then to be held in reserve. 2. Play "Special Spin". 3. Boomerang completely resolves 4. Bonus Bounce is played without spending Action Points. is the permissible sequence.

Koorie Queen can be played on TTS even though the expansion is not scheduled for full release until later this month.

2. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

3. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I would have done the same. I don't know what do you mean by the symbols "held in reserve" though.

4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

What I meant by the symbols:1::3: held in reserve is that in our game Aristeia! we keep to a discipline for ourselves and our opponents that switches always go first. But in this case the community consensus is that as soon as the player rolls dice for the Bonus Bounce he loses the opportunity to play Special Spin. Therefore as he plays Special Spin he must make it clear that although the Boomerang Attack has now ended he still reserves the opportunity to Bounce for no additional Action Points as the green action Bounce being somewhat analogous to a second "Ken no Sen." In effect a sequential action costing no additional points.

The case was triggered by the hasty action of the Koorie Queen player immediately taking the free Bounce and possibly thinking that if he played Special Spin before rolling for Bounce that he might waste a great Tactics card becase Bounce has I believe a 22/36 chance of inflicting 1:4:. You may ask how could I know what was going on in that player's mind? Well I confess, that I was that hasty player.

Croepoek likes this.
  5. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Aaah, yeah, I understand know. Just to clarify, I meant that I would have ruled the same as the community. I was wary on the "held in reserve" phrasing because in some other games it would imply that you are not spending the icons unless you need to, like a "saving these for later" kind of thing. But I see now that I was mistaken. Thank you for clarifying that!

Hahaha, this big reveal at the end cracked me up. Good one!

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  6. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

This is correct.
    You roll for Boomerang, and since you got :1::3:, you declare you are going to use your switch for a free bounce.
    During the resolution of Boomerang you can play Special Spin.
    AFTER the resolution of Boomerang you get to play the extra bounce, since it is when it takes place.
    Relevant info is here:
    upload_2018-12-8_14-2-12.png
    and here:
    upload_2018-12-8_14-2-34.png

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

@Kelthret is absolutely right. So @Roadrunner7431 's community consensus was right. It's a subtle thing about the Timing.

Plebian and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation