1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, about that Shas update...

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Hecaton, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Bit & Kiss removed from Shas in army. Why? Is she leaving Onyx next? It can't have been a power level decision... it seems really strange to make it so people can't use minis they paid for.

prophet of doom and DFW Ike like this.
  2. Nitroflaherty

Nitroflaherty Member

for little shrouded / Malignos KHD update please

3. Hecaton

Not until next year. But they took away Bit now? Why?

4. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Probably the same reason they removed them from Morats. It was probably an accident that they put it in them, were too embarrassed to say so and then used the excuse of added KHD profiles to be able to yoink them. Yes, it's a very cynical view.

Zewrath and Space Ranger like this.
  5. Hecaton

Except back when Bit hit she was put into Morats and Shas after an outcry.

DFW Ike and theradrussian like this.
  6. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Was it though? For the amount of outcries, whining and bitching the forum and Facebook does, the armies and game would look very different if CB gave into it.

7. Hecaton

Well, at first look she was only in Vanilla and Onyx. Then she was put into Morats and Shas. So it seems unlikely she was a mistake - and, more problematically, that CB is becoming increasingly cavalier about voiding the rules for minis that players have already purchased.

theradrussian likes this.
  8. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

At no point whatsoever has CB said "you can't use this model any more." They have changed how you can use a model in terms of WYSIWYG, but not whether you could. Ko Dali is probably the biggest one, where she was completely moved to a new faction.

All the old JSA stuff is still usable, and specifically defined as usable in the rules. ASA, and MRRF are still usable models.

These kinds of changes are simply a part of a game that people want - and cb is motivated to comply - a changing, living game.

9. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I never asked for Bit & Kiss to be removed from MAF. Pretty sure no MAF player ever has.

10. Hecaton

@derbrizon for a player only invested in a single sectorial they functionallly have. CB can and should change rules and models, but I'd question whether their reason for removing Bit from MAF and SEF were good ones.

xagroth and DaRedOne like this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

This, coupled with the shifts in proxy rules for ITS.

12. Hecaton

Ok. But if CB is going to routinely disrupt which models are available for which sectorials, it becomes increasingly practical to have a bunch of fusiliers clearly numbered and just proxy everything. Why buy new models when a new release hits if you can just proxy something else as them? As per Bostria's talk at the LVO last year, the Ikadron/Imetron blister is the highest-selling blister because of its utility on the tabletop. If CB can't count on people buying stuff like that, that's bad.

13. Barrin

Barrin Nomadic squirrel
    Warcor

Print out standees. Infinity is now, after 3rd edition playable with them completely fine. Get it into the box with paper terrain packs and you have a skirmish board game. I_m considering it for quite a long time to be able to get attencion of non-hobby crowd out there.

If you start with actual minis, be prepared to pour an awful lot money into it. It's just the part of the whole deal. No money for CB in long term, no future game service. Simple as that.

14. A Mão Esquerda

Because the quality of the mini is such that I want it and won’t proxy. Now, profile no longer usable in a specific army? Different kettle of fish, and I’ll go ahead and use it to proxy something else. Like Dart. When she leave SAA and MO, I’ll simply find a different way of using her, especially since there are prescribed ways to do so, rather than act as though I've been wronged in some way.

15. Hecaton

@A Mão Esquerda sorry that you have so little self-respect that you don't think CB deleting the profiles of miniatures that you paid money for with the intention of using them in a game is a problem. The rest of us aren't so servile that we think giving CB our money is a privilege in and of itself.

DFW Ike likes this.
  16. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

You can't have an evolving game and not ever have things change.

Literally nothing stays the same.

If the criteria for this game was you can't take away any profiles that now have models, a lot of things we like now might not have happened.

17. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

I am also confused with that decision . Shasvasti lost a LOT with Bit and Kiss absence. Sphinx lists for example.

DFW Ike, Razi and theradrussian like this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

What lack of self respect? It's a bit of metal I've painted for a game. Cost me, what, $20, $25 if I include paint and supplies? Its use changed. Is it the one I first bought it for? No. Does it still have a use within the game I enjoy? Yes. Is pitching a fit likely going to change the situation? Likely not. And if I don't like it, I can cease spending my money that way, and offload what I have. Approaching it in a reasonable way seems less hassle.

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Self-respect? Servile? We're talking about games here. Toys. Hobby. By using this kind of language in this kind of enviroment we strip the words of any meaning.

As people pointed out, things change. 9/10 of those changes affects one, two models, and in almost none of the cases it precludes you from using them in the game in one capacity or another. The only real earthquake we've had recently was the Uprising and JSA split. I see no reason to call it "routine disruption".

20. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

If it matters that much to you, then do it. If youre not intoicollectikg models for the sake of itself, then i could see how this might matter a lot. I haven't met someone with only one sectorial who has played the game more than like .. 3 months.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation