1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Druze, you almost made it...

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by antox717, Dec 4, 2018.

1. antox717

antox717 Member

... but ended short.
    Let's be honest. Druze are good, but they could be better. They exist in a faction that has barely anything else. They are the only MI of said faction, a faction that rotates around them, and sadly bring very little above their counterparts in ikari or qk. Bla bla bla, yada yada yada.

Please consider my suggestion.

Give them tactical awareness in the common stat line. Only the DBS version obviously. They should feel superior to other forces. I'm saying, everyone should get tactical awareness. Why not Druze??

(Obviously a trolling post, feel free to delete it, or me, from the forum)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Jokes being jokes and all...
    Would be nice if the Druze got a nice Lieutenant to go with the Veteran status of their basic link.
    Also would be nice if they had a starter box of sorts-
    Since Druze do seem like a genuinely fun faction-

Okay, back to shitposting-

I think Druze should get a universal skill among all profiles that'd let them target the Xenotech/civilians or their own troops intentionally and unintentionally, so they could be really really mean mercs-

theradrussian, DFW Ike and Foxep like this.
  3. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

>Let's be honest. Druze are good, but they could be better.

Yes, Captain Obvious!

McNamara likes this.
  4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

But... It's the skill for YJ, isn't it (pun intended)? Thanks for CB, YJ proved it (another pun intended).

theradrussian and Maksimas like this.
  5. antox717

antox717 Member

Also this! Finally that Clipper could Be of some use, in spite of his evidently subpar profile(because yes)! And It would Be a unique ability in all of infinity... Or not. Even if i'd also add nco to underline the strict symbiosis between weapons of Mass destruction and druze warmongering.

Maksimas likes this.
  6. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

Wow, the Clipper has been an epic include for me in DBS. Seeing someone disparage it as subpar has me flabbergasted.

AP+DA template hitting on 12 or 15 is pretty solid. When it's covered well by the Brawler sniper, and camo or ODD units that engage it are probably not going to get a lot farther. Just as an 18 point ARO unit in a 5 man link it does all the work you need for what one pays for it.

I wish Infinity could get back to the mantra "It's not your list, it's you." or maybe it's not your faction, it's you."

DBS is a tough faction to play, it sure isn't "easy" mode, but it has all of the tools it need to win games, but it's a bit less flexible than other factions... that doesn't mean it's objectively worse.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  7. antox717

antox717 Member

Yes, I know. I made this topic to troll some yu jing posts in which every unit is utter garbage and the only way to fix them is giving tactical awareness or some other state-of-the-art special skill (they are simple to find). I made it here to 1- not be eaten alive by yu jing players 2- vent my frustrations :P 3- because new shiny toys must be given even to druze XD

jfunkd likes this.
  8. jfunkd

Warcor

Sorry, my sarcasm meter is offline today. Carry on.

I'm getting sick of serial complainers who demand that CB distribute all the new skills to their favorite existing faction, that their brilliant, insightful, and echo chamber magnified suggestion be immediately added to what they consider a sub-par unit, that CB justify EVERY design decision, and that everyone who disagrees with them is a brain addled CB fanboi yes-man.

#8 jfunkd, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Balewolf, Foxep and antox717 like this.
  9. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

actually Druze are better in Ikari because you can have a lot of cheap stuff around

Testudo325 likes this.
  10. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I just love badass MI links and Saito, so DBS it is!

Foxep and antox717 like this.
  11. antox717

antox717 Member

honestly in ikari i would not take druze at all :P

12. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

But, consider that E/M launcher with a TO, infiltrating Forward Observer...

theradrussian likes this.
  13. jfunkd

Warcor

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome the Hunzakut is.

Do you even Hunzakut, bro? ;)

Testudo325 and McNamara like this.
  14. InventorofSoup

InventorofSoup Well-Known Member

Someone has been in the Morat forums recently.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

And which army is that supposed to be? It's not Bakunin or StarCo. DBS are the only ones with EMGL and TO as far as I am aware, just not an TO FO.

16. antox717

antox717 Member

Ikari has druzes and a single ninja. But still i'd prefer double hunzakut and +3 bs bonus, assuming using single druze in ikari because their special fireteam is really expensive, rigid and druze don't have number 2 -.- a shame

jfunkd and McNamara like this.
  17. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

It is Ikari, and it would be a singular druze - ignoring the penalty to speculatively fire and have a 3+ MOD is a better deal...

18. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I guess what it comes down to between Druze in DBS and Ikari is that in Ikari your linkability is rather fragile, while in DBS you can pretty much always fill it up to 5 men if you want to because pretty much all units, who can link, can link with the main team. Which kinda is the stick/theme DBS has going, and its a pretty nice one!

antox717 likes this.
  19. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the new sectorals and 30 profiles are needed to give a sectoral enough options to be seriously playable. Druzes 19 is just not not enough to play as a fully rounded sectoral . I've picked up Ikari which i play as a another side to Druze. Going back and forth gives you enough to play a well rounded sectoral.

I'm not saying they are bad, I actually think they a lot better than Ikari for any scenarios which need infiltrating. Also Saito is significantly better than a ninja for antimaterial cc weapons. But not all scenarios need that.

I persoanlly got extremely fed up with druze for a while because I picked them up for a remote based lists. But my main opponent was always playing Nomads interventors and DBS just had no chance. My Fireteam cores were always extremely hackable, with no real counter.

I'm being tempted again with the new IA sectoral, but afraid that the limited profile options it will have the same short comings and not much longevity.

Balewolf likes this.
  20. jfunkd

Warcor

I think you need to reevaluate this metric.

ijw likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation