1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Pre Pre Mortom

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by atomicfryingpan, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Honest question, do you guys really think the extra BS on Son-Bae ML is worth the extra point and the REM drawbacks compared to the Zhanshi ML?

Maksimas likes this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You are correct, I was remembering an older version.

A Mão Esquerda and Stiopa like this.
  3. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Yeah, the SG Shang Ji could run a Zhanshi link like a cheap Crane+CG link, which isn't nothing. Not that I think that's particularly great - here, have a dozen crap profiles and one vaguely useful one!

Probably? It's bigger and being G:RP makes it harder to fully kill, so you can use it as a little bit of mobile cover too. I think the bigger part of the Son-Bae vs Zhanshi equation is the Son-Bae's FTO [Edit: Wildcard] - dumping a 17|1.5 ML into a Zuyong Core will be pretty tasty, I reckon.

#203 Kallas, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Sedral likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

It doesn't have FTO, but I'm reacting since it's starting to pop up in lists as taking the place of a Zhanshi in teams with only 3 Zhanshi assigned.
    Oh, and you can't really use it as cover. It's relatively low, doesn't provide partial cover and doesn't block LOF when moving. I've never seen anyone being able to properly hide behind a REM.

5. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

You can cast Assisted Fire onto a Son-Bae. Makes up for the drawbacks. if you really need to hit that target.

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Xenotechs are a real problem, so yes, to some degree over the other Son-Bae. Allows you to get another ML in the link and make one of the other Zhanshis a shitkicker instead as they can't form a core on their own anyway and the alternative is spending +1 pt on a pango.

7. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Sorry yeah, it's not FTO, it's just a Wildcard.

8. Mahtamori

Forgot about Assisted Fire! :)
    Zhanshi ML and Son-Bae ML can both use direct mode, I think you're thinking of the SML Son-Bae that doesn't seem very popular.

Kallas likes this.
  9. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Coming from MO. I think Invincible army is great and better then MO. Every sectorial has units that are bad. The ability to have more then 10 orders while being one combat group makes IA competitive enough and makes all other HI lists look bad. I am seriously thinking of starting them instead of Varuna.

Jonno, eciu, Section9 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Triumph

At least your Seraph got some usuable buffs. Guijia is still trash.

ambisinister and Kallas like this.
  11. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I feel that's going to be the case with all vanilla TAGs.

12. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

About the Son-Bae Wildcard:

Enhanced Reaction for B2 in ARO, and the +1B from 5-man 3-man Fireteam - those bonuses don't stack, right? ER sets the B to 2, which overrides the +1 from the Fireteam?

Edit: Derp, a quick check of the Fireteam Bonuses shows that it doesn't stack, so nevermind. Assisted Fire it is!

#212 Kallas, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  13. Mahtamori

I think the Maghriba might just be cheap enough to get away with it.

14. Bostria

Bostria Brand Ambassador
    CB Staff

Well, finally, the update is here. Now we can really say we are experiencing the 3rd Offensive.

It took time and more than a few problems, I think that Ian and Konstantinos have already found some typos soon to be corrected, but… finally! Varuna and Invincibles unlocked (Latest two remaining armies from those five promised at the beginning of 2018), apart from quite a few extras for other armies.

Now is the time for those communities of players to face the challenge and use this new tactical tools build lists, go to events and show how far can you push this ideas into the new meta. Tournament players are always the ones who really stress the limits of the game.

Corvus Belli will be there to check & read the impact of those new armies in the meta through the ITS results and sales numbers.

The Invincible army is here and we’ll see how far the new rules will allow them to reach.. I don’t know… Fourteen? Fifteen orders in a single combat group? anyone can take it further? I won’t be surprised if some Utsuro or Odez can pull a new super combo there.

Regarding the studio, the task now is to release the most amazing miniatures to represent, to incarnate those new units, those new heroes in the battlefield. The bigger and most immediate release will be the Invincible Starter Pack. As soon as we have a moment, Koni and I will make a video with 3D renders revealing the composition of that new box with all those Zuyongs and their loadouts.

There is a lot to chew, but at least now we can use the Army site instead of pen and paper.
    Have a nice day.

15. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

@Bostria - is there anything in the pipeline for the poor Shang Ji? It's still horribly outmatched by other options, both in Vanilla and IA...

ambisinister and Space Ranger like this.
  16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Please tell the design team NOT to release the Boarding Shotgun loadout of the Zhencha, nor the new NCO character with breaker combi, rather than the Mk.12.

Kallas likes this.
  17. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Agreed on the Zhencha, but the Breaker Combi Tai Sheng is a decent profile!

18. Triumph

Guijia still sucks ass too.

Space Ranger, csjarrat and Kallas like this.
  19. Triumph

Raicho was basically a carbon copy of the Guijia, and it got a really cool new piece of tech with the Mine Dispenser. Our TAG doesn't have to suck shit.

Kallas likes this.
  20. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I politely ask to avoid the repeated use of shit/suck/fuck and so rude language, please.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation