1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Third Offensive

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Skjarr, Oct 1, 2018.

1. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

zerat are great!

2. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I'm limiting my expectations as follows;
    Rodoks - Haris and KHD profiles only. No other updates.
    Suryats - as previously shown
    Raktoraks - updates as explained in video. Execting a couple pts increase on the profiles to accommodate.
    Sogarats - some form of profile update to explain/justify removal of Haris option

Anything beyond this is hopes and dreams, but would certainly be welcomed - and based on the way Koni's post was worded, I would not expect any other KHD profile beyond the Rodok;
    Pyra
    Koni

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

If they end up nerfing Morats that'll be hilarious.

4. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

IMHO I wouldn't be surprised if Rodok combi + 2 lsg would drop in the cost, because Aragotos pay only 2 pts for light shotgun on their combi profile.

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 3 pomocí Tapatalk

5. paraelix

I wouldn't say no. I expect the Haris profile will be the Combi/2x LSG one - at +1/0.5 over the standard profile. So a reduction in the base profile would be appreciated :)

6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'd prefer an overhaul of everything we've got first or else we'll still have a bunch of models we avoid using. I really want CB to take the time to accurately price the relationships between Attributes, Weapons, Equipment and Skills so the game can finally become fully balanced. Then I want CB to make Morats a real elite force focusing on the triangle of Hunter/Warrior/Proffessional Soldier.

we'll see, I hope you know something I dont

Bohrdog likes this.
  7. paraelix

The FO is actually a pretty stellar profile. BSG, Mines and Grenades. Infiltrate her on top of buildings in total cover and shower down speculative grenades on enemies trying to claim midline objectives.

With this in mind - Climbing Plus would actually be a lovely upgrade for her.

8. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

N4 is still a ways off.

wuji and paraelix like this.
  9. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

No. Zerats are mediocre compared to other skirmishers with similar cost. Very mediocre. Have needed help for years. FO profile is nice, but still not great. And one nice profile does not fix unit. Needs unit-wide improvement.

Also, grenades very over-expected. Sometimes good, but usually miss and take to many orders. Morats do not have many orders to spare.

Mruczyslaw, Pyra, Lesh' and 1 other person like this.
  10. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Huh. I usually run egregiously order-heavy MAF lists. Heck, my last Situation core link list had something like seventeen orders off the top of one.

11. Sparrow

Spam is one choice. But I'm bet you know Morats are normal very expensive. Usually must choose between spam/lots of orders or more quality Morats like Sograts or Suryat or Yaogat fireteam, or Raicho. Quality or quantity.

Zerats often don't have extra orders for grenade throwing. Usually extra orders are impetuous or irregular, and not for Zerat. Even if, grenade throwing often poor use of order. Very low success. Sometimes perfect answer, but usually not. Zerat on roof throwing grenade has low success. Probably not good plan most times. But still nice to have choice.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  12. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

As said above, one good profile does not excuse a unit from a lifetime of shittiness! (almost quoted the line from pirates of the carribean). Spec fire unfortunately is too order intensive unless you're a Daturazi...

I often thought about climbing plus being useful and would lend itself to Anyat and the rest of Morats. I liked the idea that all Morat are physically superior that all their Medium Infantry should still be MOV 4-4 and be ARM 3. While all the females opt out of wearing extra ARM and thus that's why we can see that Oznat and Anyat are physically more mobile, Anyat training to be a Zerat but then stayed to be a Vanguard NCO. That would be nice. That being said, I still want Zerat to have Marksmanship X and Stealth on top of Climbing Plus too, it would say she's a hunter and give them an edge. Sure she'll be a bigger target but she'll be harder to get to as well.

I hate always designing Morats better than CB and understanding the kinks in the game. It would take a lot for me to come back.

I would just do all the work, post about it before next season and drop the changes on every one as ITS11!!

Lesh' likes this.
  13. RobertShepherd

It's a fair point. The Suryat list I mentioned above is a rare exception and bulked out by Hungries; I agree that any of the other modules you mention are much harder to run extremely high order counts with short of some major sacrifices. In all those cases Spec Fire is pretty much what you say - often an option of last resort, but in those occasions when you need it, it's because nothing else you have would solve the problem so it's spend the orders or be damned.

14. RobertShepherd

chaos11 and daboarder like this.
  15. Sparrow

Sometimes its the right answer, and when it is having grenade is nice. But usually not. I think the "put Zerat on roof and spec fire" plan that people always say is not a good plan usually. The profile is much better for FO and shotgun and mines, all of which do reliable work for Zerat.

Also, did not mean to disregard spam list. Can work great in times. I did Oznat/Gaki, Daturazi, Vanguard, Ikadrons, Zerat and krakot list with 30+ orders many times. Worked very well sometimes. Sometimes no.

16. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

SHHHHH if you teach them the secret then everyone will run strong morats

17. RobertShepherd

Agree. We're on the same page.

Last game I played her (and honestly I've not played her a lot) I had a go at infiltrating her past the halfway line purely to take Grenade AROs of all things at an extremely aggressively deployed Ikari frontline (if he'd let his extreme impetuous models on the board take their orders I've have been able to land grenade AROs that also clipped a Rui Shi and possibly other models as well) but she failed and had to wait for a couple turns before running forward and shotgunning the enemy datatracker. Certainly Spec Fire never came into it; it wasn't a list that it was efficient against (like e.g. OSS or Onyx REM links) and there was never a problem I had no other way to solve.

I'm not 100% she did better than an equal weight in krakots and hungries would have, but you use the tools you've got and if we'd rolled up Supplies or something I'd have needed her on the spot.

18. paraelix

Someone with the book has advised me Sogarats now have Duo. I don't think this was in the video - and certainly hadn't been confirmed by anyone with the book on FB :/

Aspect Graviton and wuji like this.
  19. RobertShepherd

Does anyone ever actually want to run a Sogorat duo? Even with a Raktorak along as an NCO, that seems like a pretty dubious proposition (as a Sogorat makes a good lieutenant choice if fielded).

20. paraelix

Just because it doesn't fit your style of play, doesn't mean it won't be used by others... Remember, not everyone plays the game in a hard competitive context.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation