1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Third Offensive

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Skjarr, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

And in a 5 man team that KHD with maestro isn't going to be too concerned with that, I doubt MAF are ever going to get marker state troops, however that's actually a decent counter

*Quick edit, extrapolating costs it's a 22pt KHD, so a 1pt increase on the paramedic that generally pads that team*

#641 Aspect Graviton, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

But it has a marker state >_>

Also, thankyou @Koni

3. Pyra

Pyra Warmongering Potatoe

Ye, especially at the beginning of the game to avoid being killed by opponent's pitcher/infiltrating camo khd...

4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

What is the fix applied to Zerat then? Rodok were already the best MAF had to offer. While the Zerat has been wanting for maybe 6 years iirc.

5. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Well Bit and Kerr Nau don't jave marker states... and we're talking about a MAF profile. The fact that it gets access to Impersonate is a huge leap forward...

Melkhior likes this.
  6. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

No change for Zerat I bet. Too bad.

wuji likes this.
  7. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I don't think a rodok KHD in a five pig team has any reason to fear another KHD whether it's in marker state or linked. At WIP 16, with sixth sense and access to a program that has +3/-3 bonuses, a linked Rodok KHD is probably better not to engage with another hacker.

Even an interventor/hac tao/asura will be rolling 2 die at 15 vs 1 (do hackers get Burst bonus for fireteams? ) die at 16. Those are not good odds when one hit from Maestro sends the hacker straight to unconscious.

I like this profile. It's welcome and feeds into the MAF idea of brute forcing your way through problems. Give us a zerat minelayer now and I'll be happy.

Reece, Melkhior and Lesh' like this.
  8. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

In the light of Rodoks getting a KHD I really hope there's some face-lift for Zerats.

9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

@DaRedOne there are no WIP bonuses for Hacking in a Fireteam, they just benefit from Sixth Sense.

Reece and DaRedOne like this.
  10. Sparrow

It nice if Zerat got a for real rework instead of just a new profile. Whole unit could use upgrade.

11. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Unfortunately the +3 WIP and Burst don't apply to hacking (BS attacks only), but your basically echoing what I said a couple of posts up here, 6th sense 5 man KHD is scary in onyx only thing it's missing from that infowar deathstar is the +1Wip and deflector

DaRedOne likes this.
  12. Pyra

Pyra Warmongering Potatoe

Links do not provide any bonuses for Hackers apart from SS2. Well, if it is required to take 5man Rodoks team to have a semi-decent hacker, then thanks, its a big NO for me. I thought new Morats will be all about either new Vanguard link option or uplifted Suryats core link with Roktarok plus maybe Kornak - that leaves no place for Rodok 5man team with a hacker. Running 5man HI link team requires good hacking options and solo KHD Rodok is subpar a bit - unless he will have a pitcher.

theradrussian likes this.
  13. DaRedOne

Warcor

First of all, thanks for correcting me. Although my reasoning still works that the Rodok will be at WIP 16 because they have +3 from Maestro. However, I stand corrected. Funnily enough, I had this brought up to me last Sunday during an ITS tourney and I completely forgot about it again.

I think you're forgetting that each mission requires different competencies. Having several Good options of Core links (Mixed Vanguards, Oznat+Hungries, Rodoks) and several Good options of Haris teams (Rodoks again, Yaogats, Kornak+Suryats) means the faction is more flexible and has more tools to tackle missions.

There should not be One List to Rule Them All in Infinity, and I don't think there is. The fact is MAF is getting a lot of new tools. Sure, they're not fancy like an S5 HI with Mimetism and NWI, but they're good, they work, and they are coming to a faction that's already very flexible in army build to begin with.

This news should be pleasing to the crowd, even if it's not what we demanded, it's still a good change and I welcome it.

Now please give us PH14 Suryats, @Koni

14. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

I think face lift has higher chances to occur than a rework. Unless there are indeed some big changes that are kept secret until the army-builder update.

15. Sparrow

As said before, I do not expect any Zerat change at all. But I will be really happy if there is. Zerat is why I started playing Infinity.

wuji and Lesh' like this.
  16. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I like the idea of a RODOK KHD, a cybermasked super jumping BSG could do some good work.

Plex likes this.
  17. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Morats using any marker state is shameful and anti-Morat. Rodoks need to be purged to the man as they are weak willed ignorant fools who have been corrupted by the EI. They bring shame to Morats everywhere and must be cut out like necrotic flesh before their weakness infects the whole. The human girl and her toy could hide like cowards without shame, as they have none.

wuji, Skjarr, DaRedOne and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Is Bit staying?

19. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

No, Bit & Kiss are out of MAF with the update.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  20. DaRedOne

Warcor

Ha. Ha. Ha.

That's some really, really bad news. Even with the Rodok KHD option. Bit&Kiss are cheap and add a lot of utility, whereas most MAF models are a little more costly than they should be due to the Morat Rule. So losing one of our cheap options is not a good thing. I'm hoping the Rodok isn't the only KHD in the faction, as it would hamstring build options considerably for some missions.

This is the kind of news I dread, because I can see a flood of horrible commentaries coming out now after we got an unit taken away. The biggest issue here being that unlike the Sogarat Haris, that is a gimmick build that's hard to make competitive, Bit&KISS are very much competitive, strong models, so losing them will hurt, no matter what we get in their stead.

Color me a sad murder monkey.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation