1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vague idea what we'll get from Hulongs and Mowangs?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I suppose Dao Fei being the Recon Section of the IA on all its fluff entries and Tiger Soldiers being explicitly part of IA on their dossier is us reading too much into things.

Poor us, so stupid and naive.

Also, maybe don't troll when you are CB'S spokesperson, and specially when it's not the first time you have been an idiot about how people with legitimate grievances about CB'S policies feel; they are the ones buying you shit after all. The thread was going in quite a positive direction until he showed up just to troll for the "fun" of it.

#441 Benkei, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Kallas likes this.
  2. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Naturally.

Impersonation plus would be a good starting point. Who needs a mono filament weapon when an innocuous fishbone would suffice?

3. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I'm thinking similar stats as a Domaru for the Hulang:

4-4 MOV, 23ish CC, 12 BS, 14 PH, 13ish WIP, 3 ARM, 3 BTS, 1ishW/STR, S2.

Loadouts-wise, one of these JSA guys has a Chain Rifle, E/M grenades and a DA CCW for 27 points.

Would a discount for Extremely Impetuous be better than the one granted for Frenzy? And how about getting the NWI + Shock immunity tratement? That would be an amazing profile IMHO...

So, we won't be getting that probably lol :P

4. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

AVA 2 in IA makes me think they have to be a bit more stout than Domaru. Base stateline of a Shang Ji, CC of Domaru. Weapon probably like the mysterious Kisaragi character. HellH be in low to mid thirties.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Invincible Army should be about as subtle as Delta Force riding the back of an Abrams tank...

Which really isn't helping his case.

Zewrath, Kallas, Benkei and 2 others like this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I seem to remember just having a discussion about things you probably shouldn't do if you don't want your customers to think you're an ass. Making fun of them when they're upset about something is probably one of those things. Time and place for jokes and all.

Kallas likes this.
  7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Shaolin are AVA4. Kuang Shi let you basically put an entire combat group of expendable dudes down and let em rip. The Kuang Shi are important too because they let you fuel a couple of monks to go deep a turn, they're not better than each other each has a reason to be there.

I use this configuration alot:

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]8
    [​IMG] SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)

0.5 SWC | 53 Points

Absolutely dirt cheap. Add something else cheap into the group like a Rui Shi or a button pusher or a BS Tiger for value.

Sedral and Benkei like this.
  8. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

You did notice the "Post mortem" thread? And all of those kind words on the Zhencha/Liu Xing written on this forum? I think at this point trolling was quite an adequate response. I found it quite funny.

Joametz likes this.
  9. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Because it wasn't at your expense.

I question the need for humor to belittle others and their experiences.

Pierzasty and Space Ranger like this.
  10. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

I can see your point. Posts like this can be entertaining for people who like new IA profiles and are generally happy about recent events. And they have the right to do so. However if you want to be treated like professional yet cool company, making fun of some players who are not happy about stuff (and they also have the right to do so) is not the way. Also not my kind of humour. @Bostria is not blind and he knows perfectly that there is some problem so, as a brand ambassador, he shouldn't post anything like that. @Koni on the other hand does an amazing job at communicating with the players. So thanks Koni for making this forum less of a saltpit and not poking angry players with provocative sarcasm.

11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Actually both here and in the Post-mortem thread there has been some useful discussion, especially the last few days when more things were spoiled thanks to Koni, which makes Bostria's post even dumber.

Also, I don't care how toxic YJ threads are (maybe CB could ask themselves why they are as thinking "YJ players are different and bad" makes as much sense as thinking white people are better because they are white), it still doesn't warrant CB laughing at their customers (who have EVERY GODAMNED RIGHT TO CRITICIZE THE PRODUCTS THEY PAID FOR), which is basically what happened here, AGAIN. You don't want troll threads, then maybe don't pour gas into the fire, it's quite simple.

But I'll stop beating the dead horse here, let's just wait for the Army update.

Space Ranger, Triumph, Kallas and 3 others like this.
  12. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

Yeah, I red them and also liked thos informations :). I was just anoyed with all that complaining - especially in the early days, when much less information was known.

Great plan, count me in :)))

Benkei likes this.
  13. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Of course, @Bostria could be well aware of The Way. For, is it not written, "there's no pleasing some people?"

Seriously, I think CB's division of labour serves a point - Koni and Bostria are acting different roles here, one gets to play to the crowd without getting dragged into debates that ultimately can't be won, the other gets to strategically leak info without comment, whilst someone else is the focus of everyone's ire. Besides, the more Bostria represents CB, the bigger his online persona has to grow - we live in the age of clickbait and fake news, after all....

Maksimas likes this.
  14. MrMorphine482

MrMorphine482 Well-Known Member

Speaking candidly, I don't think Bostria is out to be actively hurtful in any real sense, he openly loves and supports YJ in every appearance I've seen of him.

On more fun topics, the only thing I brainstorm about is fluffwise the reasons the IA gets deployed in force. As said, the IA list is a no-subtlety open warfare force - with CA, it makes perfect sense considering they're, well, actually at war with the Human Sphere, but outside of Paradiso and Svalarheima (which is more the White Banner's thing as has been discussed) as well as against the JSA, it seems like one would have to make some contrived coincidental arguments to employ such a brazen military force against others, when there's no formally declared war vs. Ariadna, the Nomad Nations, ALEPH, etc.

This isn't to say that there's NO such excuse, that's easy to manufacture after all. But it does make me wonder just how much O-12 is either glaring at their YJ reps or if they're completely toothless after all.

Plex likes this.
  15. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Remember... they shot first.

Don't matter they shot us with a pistol and we shot back with a Yan Huo platoon backed up by a squadron of Liu Xing.
    They shot first.

( That, and if we kill them fast enough we can always blame it on the Combined Army. )

16. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Well, Heavy Infantry aren't necessarily easy to spot. With good mobility from their armour, they're not slow, and they're not exactly huge. Add in some satellite jamming to help reduce orbital detection and they could easily slip in to where they need to be.

In a similar vein: how are TAGs a covert operation unit? Cutters and similar Camo ones I can understand, but most of them are just honking great robots/mechs.

17. Maksimas

I mean... when you think about it... Mowangs are covert ops units according to the book.

So...

Must be some very nicely oiled servos.

Kallas likes this.
  18. MrMorphine482

MrMorphine482 Well-Known Member

Given most TAGs are basically light vehicles, I tend to view them as such - they're able to arrive and provide fire support relatively quickly, then use their mobility to exfil. In the Outrage Manga, Guijia basically get deployed by jumping out a VTOL just above the battlefield, and they're on the heavier side with no TO.

I can similarly see that applied with HI; especially shock units like the Daofei and Hac Tao. What's making me headtilt a bit is that those are...well, when a TAG or a sizeable number of HI go through a place, one tends to notice the "wake" of them, and I imagine it'd be much like Superhero Insurance trying to clean up after that.

19. Maksimas

Yeah, there is the suspicious case of ''Okay, how do we cover up a collapsed building?''

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

@MrMorphine482 , you should really read Jay Posey's OUTRIDERS and SUNGRAZER books. The troops are in powered armor, but it's recon armor, so actual rifle AP ammo is a threat. Half their missions, nobody knew the team was there (including boarding a cargo ship!). The other half, well, that was deliberately noisy, and they used the active camo system to impersonate someone else.

Boiler or natural gas explosion is the easy way. But water heaters can go boom, heck even liquid nitrogen dewars can explode.

MrMorphine482 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation