1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brawn Pointless?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by sololobo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

"If the active Character has at least one HIT when the Roll is resolved, they have successfully Disengaged and may resume their Activation. If the active Character fails to Disengage, they stay on their original space and lose all remaining Movement Points"

So, the character performing Disengage needs just one STAR...Okay, well what does the Brawn section state?

"Use the dice indicated by this Attribute to make Face to Face Rolls when an Enemy attempts to perform a movement from a space Adjacent to yours"

That did not help...

Q.) So...whats the point of the Brawn roll?

Q.) Do my Brawn SHIELDS negate their Agility STARS?

Q.) Do my Brawn STARS cause wounds to the Disengaging character?

2. Chandly

Chandly Corregidor, de toda la vida...

When an aristo tries to disengage he always makes a face to face roll of Agility :Q: vs Brawn:R:.

Yes

No

Although all the results obtained in :Q: or :R:rolls can be used for changes.

ijw, sololobo and treiral like this.
  3. sololobo

Thank you!

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

To expand slightly on Chandly's reply:

That's the default rules for Face to Face Rolls - only successes (:2:) that haven't been cancelled by shields (:1:) are counted.

:2: only cause Damage on Combat Rolls, or if an Action/Tactic etc. specifically says so. Outside of that, they're just successes.

sololobo and treiral like this.
  5. sololobo

I see. As you can tell I am trying to bone up on the rules for my group. :)

6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

A latch on question. Is the character using their Brawn forced to make the test. Or is it optional?

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As written, yes they must:

'When a Character uses a movement to leave a space Adjacent to an Enemy, both Characters make a Face to Face Disengage Roll. To Disengage, follow this sequence:
    The active Character cannot abandon his space until after resolving the Disengage Roll.'

My emphasis.

Flipswitch likes this.
  8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Thanks mate.

9. sololobo

Hey guys, I just finished up a game with a local guy and I got crushed. During my crushing, we had a disengage question pop up.

"When a Character uses a movement to leave a space Adjacent to an Enemy, both Characters make a Face to Face Disengage Roll. To Disengage, follow this sequence"

Scenario, model A, base-to-base with model B, moved to an adjacent space still base-to-base with model B.

Q) Does a disengage roll take place at this time?

I view in that I am moving a space away; meaning, we have a empty zone between us. He viewed it in that any movement around his model caused a disengage roll even though they were in base-to-base with his mode.

10. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

>Q) Does a disengage roll take place at this time?
    Yes, the local guy was right. You are leaving a space adjacent to the enemy, even if you are moving into a space also adjacent to him.

sololobo likes this.
  11. sololobo

Ah okay okay. All of you guys trick for answering all of my questions! :D

12. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

The Disengage mechanic is a vital part of the game. If you can move adjacent to a ranged character that has a minimum range like Lunah's :L:3-8 you can shut her down because her :Q: of :,: may not shake her loose from a high Brawn character like Maximus :*::-: or 8-Ball :-::-: or Kozmo :*::):. Remember also the character using Brawn might have general switch triggered but remember also that as the active player, the character using :Q: gets to choose who declares switches first. For example if 8-Ball rolls at least one:3: he could use a :1: to trigger :1::3: and displace himself to block your movement or get closer to a scoring zone.

Marc C likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation