1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current state of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Wyrmnax, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

"If I'm gonna be the bad guy, it's gonna be on my terms."

2. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Not seeing the issue I guess. It's a case of innocent until proven guilty. I'm going to assume all of them are 2W HI until proven otherwise (We obviously know the Liu Xing and Zhēncha aren't along with the Hulang fluff implying they aren't either).

I also made a mistake, we have 6 (Mowang, Daoying, Zhencha, Liu Xing, Hulang, and Haidao) units. All that are potential HI in the faction that is supposed to be HI.

3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

So.. gathering all the intels.

We got trusty Zuyongs, Zhanshi cannon fodders ready to become a full core link, and FOUR wildcards; which will add variety to our links.
    • Shang Ji - Tacsense confirmed, could enroll into any link, giving it another move or grab that momentum.
    • Haidaos - KHD confirmed finally, even a duo with Shang Ji will seriously upbeat its KHD proportions; Tinbot B. Yeah who needs Sants.
    • Son-Bae - Who don't like link ML?
    • Pangs - Dunno about FTO options' cost, but one fun thing; Mowangs got flammenspeer in their dossier, who want reloaded flammenspeer?
    And Haris, god we have cheap Zuyong HMG haris able, what is better, we can spice it with any wildcards we like. Oh did I mentioned Mowang duo?

Man, this will be awesome. Even our link restriction is not that harsh; all we need is to make our wildcards live long enough.

Joametz, Section9, Maksimas and 3 others like this.
  4. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Sorry, the second part of my post there is more directed towards CB's marketing decisions, not you! The not-actually-HI HI that we've been shown, and can easily get more of, is a cop out.

Yeah, the link flexibility is awesome and I'm actually hopeful.

5. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

It's no problem. Didn't get offended! That's just the mindset I've adopted for this release. I'm liking how things are looking with both the Mowang and Hulang. I feel that they make up for the first batch. EsoEspecia with the Haidao getting a KHD.

Kallas likes this.
  6. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I'm envisioning a sitcom where a Mowang and his new partner, Pang get caught up in a lot of mischief around the Sphere.

So we have Mowang Pang Duo, Shang Ji plopped in a Haris, Haidao in Core or Haris.

Gents, I think we're about to hit that high point.

7. Triumph

This one we're not sure on yet, depends on the profile that gets it. Might have a shitty cost/weapon/gear etc, or might compete with a much better geared profile. Suryats also got TacSense, but it's only on one profile (fortunately for them it's the HMG one)

Kallas likes this.
  8. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Shang Ji Tactical Awareness is an option with Spitfire or with Combi+LFT+TinbotB.

Have a nice weekend.

9. Triumph

Seems reasonably good, just need to see the costs now.

Kallas likes this.
  10. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Any nuggets for the Daoying? Have a great weekend!

11. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

TacSense Combi+LFT/Tinbot B is a really solid one for throwing into a fireteam; and the Spitfire one will also be decent for a good backup gunner, although if it's still stuck at 2SWC then it'll not be so great.

Mildly disappointing that it's just two profiles though.

Section9 likes this.
  12. Triumph

That actually makes sense to me. The model with tacsense has to spend the order, if you build a link full of Shang Ji you don't wanna be paying for tacsense on all of them. It's better for flexibility if you just put it on the one or two profiles most likely to slot themselves into a link, because realistically you'd probably only wildcard one or two profiles normally anyway.

Shang Ji core link

Shang Ji spitfire
    Shang Ji tinbot
    wildcard Hai Dao
    wildcard Pango
    wildcard Son Bae

7 orders for how many points I wonder. If it's the 8pt baggage bot we could be looking at 7 order HI core for 155ish points.

#252 Triumph, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Shiwen, -Ghost- and SpectralOwl like this.
  13. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I thought it was only one Wildcard per fire team.

epsilon likes this.
  14. SpectralOwl

Good to see the Shang Ji kept their Combi+LFT, it's kind of the only thing they have going for them and it will be quite a bit more useful in a link. TacSense is also very nice for the close-in weaponry of the Shang Ji in particular as it renders them more likely to be hacked or jammed, where the second irregular order will be very handy when Isolated for killing off the offending model/repeater so the Engineer can fix them in peace.

Maksimas likes this.
  15. Triumph

The info I've been getting off /tg/ has been 1 of each type per team. That could be wrong though.

16. SpectralOwl

If it works as it has in other sectorials, most likely there are Special Fireteams with set compositions and separate Wildcards that can drop in anywhere. We don't know which units have which rules yet though.

17. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

It's definitely better your way. Here's hoping it actually is.

Kallas likes this.
  18. Triumph

This is what I'm working off

Haido Special Support Group Special Fireteam. Wildcard Trooper. Up to 1 Haido can join any Fireteam
    Tai Sheng Zuyong Invincibles NCO Counts as a Zuyong for Fireteam composition
    Zuyong invincibles Special Fireteam: Haris 1 Zuyong (Fireteam: Haris) + 2 Yan Huo FTO
    Son-Bae Yaokong Special Fireteam. Wildcard Trooper Up to 1 Son-Bae can join any Fireteam
    Yaopu Pangguling Special Fireteam. Wildcard Trooper Up to 1 Pangguling FTO can join any Fireteam
    Shang Ji Invincibles Special Fireteam. Wildcard Trooper Up to 1 Shang Ji can join any Fireteam

If this holds out to be accurate only the Pangos and Yan Huo have specific profiles limited to joining fire teams.

19. Triumph

The Daoying confuses me even more after learning that it's an Sun Tze academy graduate or some shit. It's armed with MSRs and... AP mines?

I'm hoping it's not supposed to be some goofy mini Sun Tze2 Strategos Sniper, that would be a mess.

Maksimas likes this.
  20. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I remember reading somewhere about them getting Advanced Command... they are going to be really expensive it feels. Hopefully the Advanced Command is just for the Boarding Shotgun profile and the MSR is like a FO profile. Kind of like Vassily.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation