1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current state of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Wyrmnax, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I checked with google translate, nothing else.

Maksimas likes this.
  2. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

That's my main beef against them atm: lone zhanying isn't reliable enough for grenade tossing, and wu-ming NGL is a tad too expensive for a profile that probably won't be doing much beside that (wish he had both standard and nimbus grenades, sorta like the druze GL).

I'll probably go with anti-hack haris (2 zuyongs, haris and tinbot-B + haidao KHD) and more "in your face" core with 3 zuyongs, NCO character and Haidao engineer. Including 1 or 2 REM in the core is also a possibility if you want to lower the cost.

Still on hacking, with hulangs being stealthy thanks to martial art and the zhencha we have two options to manoeuver around mid field hackers and deal with them the good ol' way. Using them to assassinate KHD before sending the haidao in a repeater to kill all the other hackers might be quite efficient i'd say.

Still still on hacking, i'll feel like i'll want an evo AND a zhanshi hacker to have both fairy dust and kaleidoscope at the same time. Good thing is, with an evo you can use a coordinate order to drop them both at the same time. You could even take a 3rd supportware hacker to buff a remote too, all in one order!

3. Triumph

Yeah I agree if they were on a more ubiquitous profile and I wasn't going out of my way to pick them up they'd feel alot better.

Still think they could do with a buff overall though.

4. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Wow, so dumb! :joy:
    Gutier is really teaching us some new words. Mostly insults that I can't type here...

---

On the other hand, the stuff about the Haidao and others is very promising!

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

You know what this is called? YJ specialty being HI. It's good that it shows in cases like this. I have absolutely zero problems with your designs being better optimized than ours.

On the other hand all our HIs have proper 2 W, so... :sunglasses:

#225 Stiopa, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  6. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

FB_IMG_1533420648648.jpg

About Haidaos, they are not from StateEmpire ground forces - they are from StateEmpire Naval force Special Operatives Section, dispatched and somewhat glued into Invincible Army to serve agents of special operations. Beachhead operation, Sniping support, Hacking support, or even combat engineering. Until the main forces of Invincible Army arrives.

The word Haidao (海盜) means Pirate in Mandarin, which tend to be an insult for the agents, Invincibles think they just 'jump off ships to make some violence'; since the animosity between Naval forces and Ground forces were not that easy to overcome, there is constant competition along Invincibles and Haidaos.

That doesn't make Haidao agents a bummer, though - even being despised, Haidao agents are IA's main operatives, and one of IA comrades when they go to battle.

At least, that's what fluff says. Look at those dossiers! RED FURY!

Paegis, Section9, Stiopa and 4 others like this.
  7. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

We also gained about 5 new HI types with some being very specialized. ~2/5 being proper HI (Haidao and Mowang).

Gotta take those small victories where you can get them, eh Fish Oppressor?

xmulu1f6urt11.jpg

Stiopa likes this.
  8. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Haidao is confirmed 2W? What about the Daoying? I didn't think we'd heard anything about those two (other than the fluff blurbs now, thanks to those who are posting!)

Zhencha and Liu Xing obviously aren't; Hulong looks likely to be 1W+NWI; Mowang is confirmed 2W+NWI.

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah, I'm really happy about that. I hope that after 3O YJ will be nicely rounded up again.

Maksimas, ObviousGray and Kallas like this.
  10. ObviousGray

And that's something with a goodwill. Yeah, after 30th we will enjoy IA, totally.

I heard Haidaos are 1W NWI Shock Immune, but I can't pinpoint the sources. Maybe I drunk too much.

Stiopa and Kallas like this.
  11. Triumph

Where was the Haidao wounds at 2 confirmed?

12. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I got a feeling Yu Jing is going to be spoiled for options. It's funny because we have these almost big brother units for almost every facet.

Hulang/Monks
    Zhēncha/Guilang
    Liu Xing/Tiger Soldier
    Mowang/Zuyong

Vanilla is going to have a very strong midfield with Ninja, Kanren, Guilang, Zhēncha, and Dao fei. Plus all the units with FDL2.

mittenninja and Stiopa like this.
  13. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

It... wasn't... I just assumed.
    giphy (8).gif

Stiopa likes this.
  14. ObviousGray

You may enter the re-socializing facility. Citizen. CGs will guarantee your fine stay.

Stiopa and -Ghost- like this.
  15. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That's... not quite what the text says...

'But the best thing about this unit is always the landing, because the explosive releases of the jump pack have been supercharged so that they detonate powerfully with the impact of the fall.'

It's not the jump pack overheating or overworked, it's the explosive bolts that release the jump pack on landing having been beefed up to act as a weapon rather than just a release mechanism.

16. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

And this is where misinformation comes from!

Considering we have already been shown fake HI with the Zhencha and Liu Xing, it's not really safe to assume anything. Hell, the Haidao might be LI, Hackable with BTS -12 - I mean, the classifications are now basically meaningless! :rage:

17. ObviousGray

Thanks. My bad. :)

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

By my count, so far only the Hulang (besides Louie and Zhencha) has been hinted at being improper HI, and their mobility improvement undisclosed.

For fairness sakes, Daoying hasn't been disclosed whether it's HI at all.

#238 Mahtamori, Nov 23, 2018
    Kallas and -Ghost- like this.
  19. epsilon

epsilon Member

Oh no one more week of waiting, it's too unbearable))

ObviousGray likes this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Ya I know it sounds stupid and hypocritical lol. In my head though I think of them as like Bodacious Babe Pirates of Space! More pesky rascals than crazed murderers. However, I've also just had a lot of fun playing them. Something about the things like booty can just be fun. I wish I had more random things to do! lol

yes both of these reasons too! I'm having fun getting use out of my 1st edition Zhanshi as Keisotsu. Their bandannas make them look very pirate-y! lol Also old Invincible as Wu Ming. I'll probably use my old fat-ass Guijia as Scarface too.

#240 Space Ranger, Nov 23, 2018
    atomicfryingpan likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation