1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current state of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Wyrmnax, Nov 11, 2018.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Uprising is written from the point of view of the JSA. What are you expecting it to say about what happened to the Keisotsu force and the Invincibles? 'We all died without killing any of them'? :joy:

Alphz and ambisinister like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That's incorrect actually, the book is written from several perspectives. The timeline from which my comments are taken is written by a 3rd party, Captain Osman Sin Muhameda, commenting on the nature of the conflict at a military academy on Bourak.

3. SpectralOwl

GLORIOUS.

Gotta wonder what "light" means though. Zuyong? Zhencha? Hac Tao Missile Launcher? Yu Jing has a lot of different standards for its armour, most of which does not match the ARM value of its profile visually.

4. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

what does it mean anyway, from the point of view of the JSA. There is a facts in the text. If it is propoganda - why i even buy this crap? There is no multiple autistic YJ desigions during this events? There is no heavy losses of YJ army? Ok, maybe i get my money back then for this paper?

5. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

What the heck do you call the Baijing incident or the ensuing crackdown that got televised to the sphere?

Or the flooding of Fukaitani and devastation of Motobushima, both of which Sun Tze explicitly said "Don't do this."

Or in Treason the CO of Luandun said they were going to escalate while declaring open season on everyone.

Or how the two CG were pants on head incompetent for getting separated from their team when they were explicitly looking for trouble.

Ugh, just having to go through the timeline of Uprising paints a less than stellar picture of all Yu Jing forces involved.

6. Triumph

inb4 moar 1W shockable HI.

Kallas and Benkei like this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Please God, no!

8. SpectralOwl

I didn't notice this at the time, but I am now suddenly very worried for the Daoying. THEY HAVE MULTI SNIPERS!

Also, about the Eagle/Hawk thing, doesn't yīng literally translate to eagle? (Google Translate, not an authority)

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The reason YJ High Command was massively surprised by the casualties is because they probably expected the enemy to do what enemies usually do and fold after taking 20% casualties, rather than fighting literally to the death, 100% kill casualties, which is almost unheard of.

Also taking more casualties in the first day than you expected to across the whole campaign sounds bad but if you expect to lose one guy this week, and then oh lord they're fighting to the death, we lost two today! That doesn't mean you didn't cream them. Just means you suffered higher than projected casualties because they refused to surrender or retreat but also are decent fighters.

10. Triumph

The Toraidento Task Force didn't fight to the death on Shikuwasa beach against the Hong Qi where this particular engagement took place. They fought for a week then fell back into the Yumiya mountain range where the actual last stand happened, which happened only because they were trapped and had nowhere to retreat to.

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

What's the difference?

P.S. English is not my first language; I don't get differs of Hawks, Eagles, Falcons.

12. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

My bets are Liu Xing kind of light.

13. Triumph

Different kinds of birds. Like a killer whale and sperm whale are different, yet both whales. Eagles tend to be much bigger than Hawks, and because of that more commonly used as mascots by military forces to represent power. Think ancient Roman use of eagles, or the USA's national animal being the Bald eagle.

ObviousGray likes this.
  14. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

We talking unspecified on what they meant by CQC, beyond them liking to see the whites of the enemies eyes before taking them down.

So... my bets are on CQC as in CC.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Different birds

Eagle = Massive large bird of prey, classical symbol of power. Used by, among others, ancient Rome, Hitler's Wannabe-Rome, and USA.
    Falcon = Slightly smaller bird of prey, hunts slightly different animals and kills by breaking their prey's neck
    Hawk = Typically smaller than the above two and the Red-Tailed Hawk is the actual source of the US "Bald-head Eagle" cry.

16. Triumph

For those who haven't heard it, the actual Bald eagle cry is both hilarious and unmajestic. They sound alot like seagulls.

You can get why they get dubbed over by a different bird.

17. ObviousGray

I double-checked the books, and it is written as 鷹窝, Yingwo, Falcon's nest.

Must've miss remembered. sorry!

About Hulangs, the word translates as Jackal, Rascals. Led by former-Shaolin General Huzheng, these guys are mostly formed with under-disciplined soldiers or gangster, but ones who have some knack on the MARTIAL ARTS , more like warriors not soldiers. Harnessed in Light Power Armors, fond of night ambush and great CC flankers of IA.

I like it.

18. Triumph

I like models that kick other models in the head. I'm interested, hopefully the profile comes out good.

Benkei likes this.
  19. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hulangs have Martial Arts L3 along with other things like Mimetism, FD L2...

AdmiralJCJF, Paegis, Joametz and 19 others like this.
  20. ObviousGray

PRAISE THE KONI!!

Death, Joametz, -Ghost- and 1 other person like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation